Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huh! This one had to make me think.

I've actually most commonly been a "wake up to my period" kind of gal, with some afternoon starts occasionally -- many of which I remember because I was so consistently a morning AFer that I'd get some nasty accidents in public... Always very heavy, generally about 6-7 days.

My first AF off BCP (the only full cycle before conceiving DD) did come in the evening. Although that one sure wasn't light, ugh.

Now I have moderate flow. Sometimes morning starts, sometimes evening spotting with wake up to heavier flows? It's tricky to note since I've had two losses in the maybe 5-6 cycles postpartum.

Hair: Ladies, this one makes me sigh if it means boy and I've missed out, because I don't have PCOS but despite MULTIPLE rounds of lazer hair removal on my underarm, bikini line and nipples years ago, that **** is still there. I'm always plucking damn neck hairs. :grumble: But I am of an ethnicity known for being swarthy though, lol...
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; March 2nd, 2017 at 01:30 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Number one factor for hair is genetics. Please understand that. The hair thing only really matters in terms of YOU personally your hair. If you notice more or less, that ~may~ mean something but don't take it to the bank, for sure.

Coming off BCP and being postpartum or after a loss, changes things.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Number one factor for hair is genetics. Please understand that. The hair thing only really matters in terms of YOU personally your hair. If you notice more or less, that ~may~ mean something but don't take it to the bank, for sure.

Coming off BCP and being postpartum or after a loss, changes things.
    Oh, I know it's genetics... all those wasted lazer hair sessions showed me that!

I know you've said high T might not be as big of a boy sway facet, anyway. Since I do definitely have elements of high T... not many of which of which I've ever been fond of lol

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I'm really not convinced on that. The data is just not that compelling to me (esp. given the Clomid thing, since that raises T and makes more girls!)

Just one of those things I'd love to investigate.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since starting LE my big toe hair disappeared completely, my hair is less oily & I do have slightly less facial & nipple hair too. I have always been hairy & it is indeed genetic for me. I have previously been tested for PCOS but that always came back negative. Overall I do feel more subdued, particularly in group or work meetings where I would have usually been more dominant. This could be because there are more dominant people around me at the moment or whether it is the T reducing. I feel less organised as a person too. I have always been a big planner & I just dont feel that drive anymore. Now whether that is because I have tried to relax about everything or whether it is a result of T dropping who knows!
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just as a further "thinking out loud," I wonder if the lifestyles in terms of weight have some bearing with the hair correlation here, too. We know by now that extremes in weight seems to sway girl -- very light, or very heavy, and generally with the very light element it's because of an actively losing weight thing. As many on here can attest to who suffered with eating disorders, when you get to a very low BMI you DO have an increase in hair -- lanugo. I definitely had issues with that when my anorexia was at its worst, which was very noticeable since I have a... tendency... to hairiness.

So I wonder if, while women going on LE generally notice their hairiness abate a bit, if they see it increase it might be time to reevaluate some parts of their intake (are these the women who take months and months TTC? Is this a sign that hasn't been paid attention to in the past?). Conversely, the women with HE lifestyles who notice it increase might be because of weight issues in terms of PCOS?

Who knows? Interesting. Hairiness is definitely a genetic thing still, yes. I just could talk about hair forever, I am so familiar with it

9. Likes kc15880, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My goal would be to never have anyone get low enough in weight to experience that. It is not something that has ever been reported to me. I have people stop losing at a normal BMI and while I've had a small handful of people drop lower than I'd like (against my advice), none of them have ever mentioned it to me.

That is good to know though. Thanks for the input.

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My weight has really plateaued on the LE diet - I tend to loose a couple of kilos quickly & then remain static even though my intake is the same. It has happened like this twice now. Just the body protecting itself really.
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Just as a further "thinking out loud," I wonder if the lifestyles in terms of weight have some bearing with the hair correlation here, too. We know by now that extremes in weight seems to sway girl -- very light, or very heavy, and generally with the very light element it's because of an actively losing weight thing. As many on here can attest to who suffered with eating disorders, when you get to a very low BMI you DO have an increase in hair -- lanugo. I definitely had issues with that when my anorexia was at its worst, which was very noticeable since I have a... tendency... to hairiness.

So I wonder if, while women going on LE generally notice their hairiness abate a bit, if they see it increase it might be time to reevaluate some parts of their intake (are these the women who take months and months TTC? Is this a sign that hasn't been paid attention to in the past?). Conversely, the women with HE lifestyles who notice it increase might be because of weight issues in terms of PCOS?

Who knows? Interesting. Hairiness is definitely a genetic thing still, yes. I just could talk about hair forever, I am so familiar with it
    Interesting. While I DO believe amount of body hair is at least partly genetic, I also think lifestyle factors can influence it. After a long time on LE and dropping down to a very low BMI (was not my intention at all), I did notice more finer hairs on my body but this one random dark/coarse hair I used to get on my tummy disappeared. My mom was always a low weight when she was younger and noticed these fine hairs on her as well. I know part of that is the result of the body losing so much fat that it develops a "coat" of hair as insulation (more of a primitive thing really).
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bumping, anyone who hasn't added any experience to this thread please do!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast