Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

When did you get af and what genders do you have?

I'm just curious to know when af came what gender/s babies you had. I seem to recall reading ages ago something about getting af at night is pink friendly but I could be mistaken. Thought it'd be interesting to share anyway

When I conceived both my boys (2011 & 2013) af arrived with fmu every single time. For the last several months af has been arriving at night or late afternoon sometimes spotting which I've never had, sometimes medium /heavy flow.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/519b48

2. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

When did you get af and what genders do you have?

With all of my boys, AF came late morning or mid-day, usually before dinner time. This time around, my AF came on before bedtime on Xmas! I did have light spotting that started in the late afternoon/evening that day.

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One of my boys (and the ones we lost) AF was late afternoon, and with the other it woke me up late at night.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is an interesting take! With the boys af came in the morning. Since my last miscarriage af comes in the evenings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

8. Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Updated 1-11-18

This is one of those bizarre observations that I know seems very farfetched but I really think there is something to this. I am really glad you posted this Pbn because I've recently had an experience that I think is really crazy and you guys should probably hear about it (apologies for TMI in advance)

When I was in high school my periods were super irregular, 5-7 days long and would come often in the afternoon (which was an enormous PITA as I'm sure you can imagine).

Then I went onto the BCP for about a year and my cycles normalized and it started coming 1st thing in the morning (by first thing in the morning I mean I would either wake up with it there or else have it show up within minutes of waking) lasting only 3-4 days, and did so for 20+ years without any exceptions that I can recall (other than postpartum, of course). During this time I conceived 4 boys. I also had this one weird chin hair that began when I was about 19 and stayed around thereafter and also hairs around my nipples (sorry, TMI I know, never let it be said that I leave any stone unturned in the search for swaying trends!!)

With my 4th son, I was doing the prototype LE Diet (but still taking tons of prenatals and also vitex, no coffee, no alcohol). My period did keep coming in the morning BUT the chin hair and nipple hairs went away. Got a boy.

Then, when I was on LE Diet without the IG supps (plus vitex, coffee and alcohol) I noticed that my period first started to come in the afternoon or night, then got really super light. I've always had a light short period (except back in high school) but it was barely there. The month before I conceived my period was barely there, light red flow for a day, then spotting for a day. The hairs had never come back after my 4th son. Got a girl.

Subsequently, my periods came in the afternoon or night ever since they came back postpartum at about 18 months (this was the longest it ever took)

My daughter is 4 1/2 now (meaning at the time I originally wrote this, at the start of 2017) so I had my periods coming at night all that time when they've always come in the morning before. They've also been quite light, a couple of months I was even concerned by how light they were thinking it was probably menopause or something, but they were always regular 28 day cycles. They have gotten much more normal over the past year and are now more like 3 days although still lighter than when I got my boys.

BUT starting about 4 months ago, my periods started coming in the morning again. And drum roll...

The hairs are back. For the first time in 7 years. Just noticed a couple days ago.

I hadn't been on LE Diet, but I hadn't been on it for quite a while. The only thing I changed was I stopped drinking alcohol.

Weird, right?

I'm telling you guys, if I had 10 million dollars and some grad students I could bust this thing wide open.

UPDATE: So after I wrote that original post, one year ago my periods have continued coming in the morning. At some point I stopped breastfeeding (I know, I know, it's terrible, my daughter would NOT give up nursing a few times a week till she was almost 5 aaa) and the final puzzle piece fell back in place and my periods went back to the exact same pattern they had been in for 20+ years when I got my boys.

So, just to lay it out here:

When I was a teenager (and I really did not eat well during this time) I had long, irregular cycles, 5-7 day periods (I suspect they were long because my cycles were longer, though) and my period came later in the day.

Then, during my 20's and 30's (starting before I got any of my boys) I had perfect 28 day cycles, 3 1/2-4 day periods that were very predictable and very much the same month to month, and I had the hair on my chin and around my nipples. I always got my period first thing in the morning...with one exception...

I realized after going through some old exercise stuff recently that the 3 cycles I had "exercise amenorrhea" when I got on this big exercise and weight loss kick and my periods got really really light - like barely there, just some spotting really 0 and my cycle got long, that my period also had come during the afternoon at least one of those 3 cycles. I don't remember the other two but I do remember one time I was exercising and my period (if you could even call it that) came in the middle of my exercise and I had to go deal with it. But this only lasted a couple months and I started eating more and exercising less again. period went back to normal.

Before TTC DS 3, I had started taking Women's One a Day (which I now recommend for blue swayers) and I took them prior to both my conceptions with DS 3 and DS 4. Did not take with DD.

Then, with my 4th son (at 39) I was doing IG supps (including prenatal) but eating a mostly LE Diet and had lost quite a bit of weight (I think around 35 lbs by the end of it all). Hairs went away but period stayed totally regular (as far as I recall because I only had ONE period before I got pregnant with him and it had been a couple months before the egg that became him joined the party - I wasn't ovulating regularly due to breastfeeding)

Finally, with my 5th (DD) at 41 I was not taking any supps, eating LE Diet, lost tons of weight (I gained a lot with DS 4 and I lost all that and more). I was breastfeeding not one but two toddlers. The hairs had never come back after getting pregnant with DS 4. I was also under tons of stress and drinking both coffee and alcohol (never did that with others) My period got super light, and came in the afternoon/evening. It was remarkably strange since it's been so regular and so much the same for so long.

Then, for the subsequent 4+ years after that (well, it took 18 months to come back, which in and of itself was very strange) period was still light, still coming in the afternoon and evening, hairs were gone, and I wasn't doing LE Diet during that time (or any diet.) I was taking Women's One a Day still most of this time.
    Eventually, my periods started coming in the morning again, and after I gave up drinking alcohol totally, the hairs came back. Period was still light though, lasting between 1 1/2-2 1/2 days, rarely 3.

And now, a year later, after giving up breastfeeding too, then and only then has my period finally gone back to what it was for that 20 year period from about 19 through about 39...3 1/2 to 4 days, comes first thing in the morning, and I still (sadly) have the hairs around nipples. Chin hair, thankfully, never did come back again. And interestingly, I had NOT been taking many vitamins during this time. So the breastfeeding (even though I had done it only a few times a week and not even daily) seemed to outweigh the multivitamin, possibly.

I don't know what any of this means, if anything, but what I do know is that there is some trend here that is worthy of investigation if I had the resources to do it. It is not a magic bullet, I don't want anyone postponing their sways or swaying too soon just becuase they have a short period one month or whatever (remember, your period in one month tells you what happened LAST month, not anything about what will happen next month) but it is something we have to keep an eye on because it may be telling us something about how the whole ball of wax really works.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 11th, 2018 at 01:47 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Artisam, XXforhubby, Katie.Z thanked for this post
    Dislikes Lizbet28 disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I forgot to mention the reason I noticed this to begin with was because several BLUE swayers told me that they were getting their periods in the morning after swaying and asking me if it was normal!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Likes Mommy2apples, Pbn3, Teacher5Mom, Hallie liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, I never really paid any attention to when my periods came when I conceived DD. I do know I developed a few hairs around my nipples after I had her as well as the chin hair. My periods have always been heavy.

I think a person's circadian rhythm should be noted here. A night owl can't be compared to an early bird as their entire system runs on different time. Another thing that needs to be looked at is (if the woman is charting), does AF show the morning of the temp drop or the following morning?

My period gets here right before bed on the day of my temp drop. This has been going on for at least a year. Before that, my period would arrive in the afternoon. I remember packing my pads for work the day I was expecting AF or announcing to DH "too late, my period is here. You are on vacation for a week" in the middle of the day and one specific moment where I was mad because He didn't wanna do anything the morning I knew AF was coming and promised me we'd do it later that day. LOL.

So we could say, afternoon to evening consistently for the last few years. Don't know what gender this bean is, but I hope I remember to update this thread lol.
    Last edited by cosmosis; February 24th, 2017 at 01:13 PM.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

14. Likes Pbn3, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could this tie in with the theory of moon phases too as they are suggested to influence ovulation (knock on effect of)? Just a thought. Diet can massively influence menstrual cycle so this all sounds very plausible and is very interesting (my PhD is in nutritional biochemistry so I don't know much about moon phases! ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum to beautiful DS1 born 2013
    2017!

16. Likes Pbn3, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chiming in. With DS1 and DS2, my period pretty much always came in the wee hours of the morning (like 4-6am) and AF was always quite heavy. When I was swaying, AF always came at night and my flow was a lot lighter (though I did start spotting a bunch after AF). I ended up having DS3 anyway so it's clearly not a definite AF in morning=boy and AF at night=girl.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My af always came in the early hours as in 3-5 am it always woke me up with terrible cramps and I conceived two boys like this. Interestingly I *think* my ovulation happens at this time also???
    I am starting to sway lightly now at 3 months pp so it will be interesting to see what my pppaf is like when it returns.
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

19. Likes Pbn3, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast