Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AshFind View Post
    So basically xx and xy and the same speed it just depends who makes it fastest but us trying to alter our diet can play a huge roll. Can you tell me how? Since I read somewhere here ph doesn't matter as much. I thought that was why we were changing our diets
    We don't know. That's what the reality is. All those people who claim pH or timing or "ions" or whatever sways - they were just guessing. They never knew any of that to be true or not, it was just their guess, and unfortunately then people took those guesses as proven fact and ran with it. But new evidence shows that while swaying IS true (or we wouldn't get good results with it) that all those old guesses are probably not true after all.

The newest science shows that it is probably a combination of lowered fertility (by fertility I mean the ability of sperm to make it to the egg) for you both as a couple, your overall maternal condition, and your blood sugar. Possibly hormones for you and sperm quality for your husband. But those things are just guesses too!

I think it's best for us to do what seems to be working for most people most of the time and not get too hung up on whys and wherefores, because then we end up with people doing all this stuff to follow a theory and overlooking things that are actually working!! So we have people taking tons of herbs for "lowering testosterone" or whatever but then they can't get pregnant doing that and end up giving up swaying totally, dropping everything and having another boy. I think it is best to just do the things that work for people, let go of the stuff that isn't (even if it supposedly is supported by a theory) and get pregnant quickly!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lovellcute View Post
    So to try for a girl what should we do??? I'm so confused x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The things that are really seeming to work are:

LE Diet plus fiber, coffee, alcohol, and dropping probiotic/Vit D (12 weeks or longer is best, at least 6-8 weeks) If you have PCOS or are over 38-40 or have more than 30 lbs to do you should do PCOS-type LE Diet instead

Cardio exercise 60 min a day 6-7 days a week (at least 4-5 days a week)

Clomid or Femara if you can get it

ONe attempt or every 4 days

Jogging and biking for DH and Smoking for DH

Things I'm less sure about but may still help:

OLE for DH and Soymilk for DH

The rest of the stuff all just seems to be either totally ineffective or lowers odds of conception so much for such low results that they're not even worth it.

Now this doesn't mean you can't use the tactics you want to, of course you can, but just that you should't rely on them in lieu of more effective tactics and additionally, you can start off doing whatever you want but drop the things that don't work FIRST instead of the things that do.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the response! I read you link on exercising and before swaying I was exercising (running) 3-4 days a week with my long run on saturdays being 12 miles. I know I had some pretty good muscle tone built up so I quit exercising all together. Do you think that's best for someone who had a lot of muscle tone to start with?
    (07) (08) (09) (14) (15) and praying for a to finish off our family

My Ovulation Chart

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And I have one more question. I'm taking Zyrtec but am curious why we want cm to dry up?
    (07) (08) (09) (14) (15) and praying for a to finish off our family

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the response! I read you link on exercising and before swaying I was exercising (running) 3-4 days a week with my long run on saturdays being 12 miles. I know I had some pretty good muscle tone built up so I quit exercising all together. Do you think that's best for someone who had a lot of muscle tone to start with?
    Ok, what I have come to believe about exercise is this: Since we don't KNOW that muscle mass is even doing anything (that's just one of those guesses I was talking about) and we DO know based on results that exercise is a very effective tactic with many people having successful sways while doing it, I am now erring on the side of having you guys continue exercising if you're doing it already. I would have you pick it back up again.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And I have one more question. I'm taking Zyrtec but am curious why we want cm to dry up?
    It is one of the theories of swaying, that thicker CM may be more girl friendly. We don't know if it's because it makes it harder for sperm to get through or if it actually communicates something to the sperm that makes X "wake up" and Y stay dormant, or both, or neither. It's the theory. Now unfortunately Zyrtec has been neutral in our results, getting the same results as the overall success rates of the site and seemingly not adding anything, and plus it cuts odds of conception. So it's fine to start off using it but then it will probably be one of the things you'd drop sooner rather than later after a BFN or two.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, newbie here, and trying to sway pink. This site has been amazing and I have gotten so much information from it, so thank you so much Atomic. Since my cycle is irregular we have dtd e4d since af... following this sway method we dtd Sunday night, and then Monday I got a OPK+... (and I think I ovulated today, Tuesday), so my question is, if we follow on with dtd e4d meaning Thursday would that end up being twice in my fertile window?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mummaofboys View Post
    Hi, newbie here, and trying to sway pink. This site has been amazing and I have gotten so much information from it, so thank you so much Atomic. Since my cycle is irregular we have dtd e4d since af... following this sway method we dtd Sunday night, and then Monday I got a OPK+... (and I think I ovulated today, Tuesday), so my question is, if we follow on with dtd e4d meaning Thursday would that end up being twice in my fertile window?
    To the best of my knowledge sperm will not last more than 4 days (I'm sure I've read an Atomic essay on this) so that by the time Thursday comes around there won't be any sperm that's left from bd on Sunday. The e4d rule is supposed to be a easy way of ensuring only ever 1 attempt.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

10. Likes mummaofboys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We know based on results that e4d has been working for people. so in all honesty it doesn't seem to truly matter, it's working regardless.

BUT to answer your question, then YES that is one attempt. The egg is either dead and gone, or fertilized by that point after O.

12. Likes mummaofboys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    To the best of my knowledge sperm will not last more than 4 days (I'm sure I've read an Atomic essay on this) so that by the time Thursday comes around there won't be any sperm that's left from bd on Sunday. The e4d rule is supposed to be a easy way of ensuring only ever 1 attempt.
    and yes, let's say you didn't O yet. Let's say you O on Thursday. It's still one attempt really. Because the sperm from the Sun. attempt would be dead and gone and if there was any left, it would be capacitated and fertilize the egg before the Thurs. attempt could even capacitate. Going from Sun all the way to Fri is a very, very longshot - probably impossible.

14. Likes mummaofboys liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast