Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What great stats so far this year, well done pink swayers.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    In general, here is what has been getting the best results for pink (some of the successful sways this year had a mash up of different combinations of these):

LE diet 12+ weeks, cardio exercise 60+ min 4-6 days a week, one attempt via at first positive opk OR BDing E4D, fiber before fatty meals, coffee, alcohol, and some of us needed to take Clomid to conceive.

FX and GL to you!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

and please note - I think a BIG part of the key to our rising success rates is getting rid of the crap that ISN"T working. Up till this past year, most people were still doing a lot of the stuff that wasn't really doing any heavy lifting (such as timing, jellies, frequency, antihistamine, herbs) This ends up with people in situations where they either go on swaying and not getting pregnant so long that they panic and start doing lots of things to boost conception (and possibly swaying blue) or end up with their ovulation delayed or stopped because they lost too much weight on diet that they had to stop dieting and eat more fertility friendly foods just to get pregnant at all. Additionally, the kind of maniacal attention to detail it takes to manage all those things (that remember, aren't even helping!!) may also really undermine a pink sway and sway blue via the "control freak" factor.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks hopetoswaypink thanked for this post
    Likes Mommy2apples, XXforhubby, Lindzter liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also so confused! I thought frequent release was a 'thing', or has that been debunked? I thought the frequent release swayed pink? Now to sway pink we will BD every 4 days from O and have one last attempt at positive OPK (2-3 day cut off)? Will that sway pink?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is UP with the BD thru O for pink lately?

Hello,
    So I have a pretty regular 28 day cycle sometimes 1 or 2 days earlier. We are trying for a girl when would be the best time to BD in my cycle? and from what i'm reading just once is best for a girl?
    I already have two girls and now looking back I am pretty certain we only did BD once prior to O.
    Last edited by Bridgetjones; May 4th, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

6. Likes maximbella liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rjp123456 View Post
    I'm also so confused! I thought frequent release was a 'thing', or has that been debunked? I thought the frequent release swayed pink? Now to sway pink we will BD every 4 days from O and have one last attempt at positive OPK (2-3 day cut off)? Will that sway pink?
    Our results have shown it doesn't seem to be working for us - but the thing is, that doesn't mean "debunked". It isn't "debunked" until an actual study has been done in random people who are not doing 50 other things to sway at the same time, with hopefully some science explaining why or why it does not work. Some people want to start off using it and that is fine, just should be among the first things to drop.

The thing that seems to matter appears to be the one attempt. We don't know why. It's just something our results seemed to show, and then once we all started doing it, our results went up.

I do not want anyone to start OFF using e4d plus one more attempt at positive OPK or cutoff (unless they're in a super huge hurry to get pregnant). I want people to start off doing one attempt at pos OPK (with or without frequency, totaly up to you) , then go to every 4 days, and only after that point try to combine the two.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetjones View Post
    Hello,
    So I have a pretty regular 28 day cycle sometimes 1 or 2 days earlier. We are trying for a girl when would be the best time to BD in my cycle? and from what i'm reading just once is best for a girl?
    I already have two girls and now looking back I am pretty certain we only did BD once prior to O.
    Yes just one BD in your fertile window (for most people this is O-3 thru O day, some prefer to stretch it an extra day and do only one BD at some point O-4 through O day). Outside of that you can have protected sex or in your safe time if you want to although you may want to avoid exposure to your hubby's semen as the hormones may sway slightly blue.

When to BD - most of us on here are not believers in timing as we got opposites that way. If you believe in it, then you'd want to have that one attempt on O-2 or O-3. If you don't believe in it, O-1 (or day of positive OPK) has best odds of conception with the one attempt and swaying.

9. Likes Bridgetjones liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If we aimed for one attempt in the fertile window, at 0-2 or positive OPK, is that getting the best results? What do we do from AF to that point? BD protected every 4 days or abstain? Sorry for the questions, I feel so silly for not understanding straight away. I suppose if it was easy we wouldn't need you!

11. Likes Bridgetjones liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Before I launch into this explanation what you have to understand is that different groups of people use various sway tactics so I cannot totally compare them to each other.

One attempt, we know for a fact, has gotten better results than 2 or 3 attempts. For several years, we were getting 75% with one attempt, 65% with 2, and 45% with three. That I can say for sure even though that has been kind of swallowed up with more and more people doing one attempt and is no longer as glaringly obvious as it was for a while there. I can state this as a fact because we got disappointing results prior to when I realized it was working, and great results after that. It was dramatic, going from 58% to 70% and up and there it has stayed for 4 years straight.

What I cannot do is compare one attempt to e4d. That I cannot say which one is best because 2 different groups use them. People who get pg using one attempt tend to be more fertile, get pregnant more quickly (possibly with less time on diet) and may be more set for blue. Not only is e4d a much smaller sample size, but it is also done by people who have been TTC for longer, may have lower fertility or lower sperm health, possilby longer on diet, etc. I don't know which is better between the two but since I have a good feel for the one attempt being successful, I have people start off with that.

Frequency, you have to think of as being totally separate from the one attempt. People do one attempt with abstain, with FR, with regular release, or even with just ahving their hubby do whatever they want to do. We don't know which, if any of those things is better. BEcause like as I said, we aren't doing a study here. We don't know what would have happened if, for example, 1000 randomly people did abstain and 1000 did FR and 1000 did reg. release. We just don't know. All we know is that both abstain and FR got lousy results, quite a bit lower than one attempt. Plus, abstain and FR really cut odds of conception with that one attempt which can sometimes make people get into a panic where they actually will give up on things that sway (like diet and one attempt) in a mad rush to get pregnant faster. So they have definite downsides that should be taken into consideration. And husbands HATE doing them.

So do whatever YOU want to do, but take into account that neither abstain nor FR has seemed to help, and they do have downsides. You very well may want to start off having hubby just do regular release every 2-4 days (and he can do this on his own or with you, with a condom) while keeping one attempt. That is fine to do. Others may really feel they need to at leaast try a month with abstain or FR. That is ok too. The important thing is that one attempt!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^ Oh and I can also say that it does not matter what DAY you have your attempt on. Clever scientists have studied timing a lot and found that the whole idea doesn't work. 50-50 b and g conceived on every cycle day. So what I want you guys to do is aim at having your attempt at a point in time that is good chances of conception. O-1 and O-2 are best odds of conception, and since swaying can sometimes lower sperm health and dry up CM, I think we see better odds of conception with swaying, on O-1 (since sperm may not live as long with fewer of them, and dried up CM, I mean). O Day is actually NOT a good day to TTC because the odds of conception are low.

Long story short (too late!) if you MUST do timing, O-2 will be a good shot of conception with one attempt. O-3 is possible but i would not count on it since it will be much lower odds of conception. If you can live without timing, O-1 is a good day to attempt because with swaying, it's very likely best chance of conception with one attempt. Most of us will just do our one attempt at positive OPK not because it sways, but because it is an easy way of timing that one attempt at a point in time that is a good chance of conceiving.

14. Likes Lindzter liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, so you are seeing the exact same same success rate for pink on one attempt on 0, 0-1, and 0-2? The day makes no difference?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24dd4d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast