Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maximbella View Post
    Atomic, so you are seeing the exact same same success rate for pink on one attempt on 0, 0-1, and 0-2? The day makes no difference?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24dd4d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It doesn't matter what I have seen or anyone on any sway site has seen, scientists have actually studied it and shown definitively 50-50 b and g conceived on every day of the cycle.

Our statistics and observations are just this side of crap when it comes to timing, because people DO NOT KNOW when they ovulated. Even highly trained experts using cutting edge technology could not pin down their day of ovulation any better than 1 out or 3 times using temping/charting, and 2/3 times using charting + Bilings method. We have no way to know for sure if people on this site or others have their O day right.

The only thing that matters when it comes to timing is the real live studies where scientists showed, when day of O was proven with blood tests, timing did not sway. And this has been as proven as something can be proven in science.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is yet another of the threads where someone tried this STUPID METHOD and it did not work out. Ttc soon - is there anything to be done anymore?

In the real world, this does not work out for many people. We are living in the real world and need to operate in real world parameters instead of fantasyland where everything goes according to plan.

PLEASE, PLEASE do not even try BD through O or to a cutoff, for ANYONE swaying pink or blue. You are undermining your sway hugely by trying this and even if you have seen other people seemingly do it, it is entirely within the realm of possibility that it will not work for you. It is also ENTIRELY in the realm of possibility that they are fudging or misremembering what actually occurred - they may have skipped days and forgot or stopped many days before they even ovulated and only the last BD even counted!! (aka one attempt in the fertile window)

And just by trying it, you have then ruined your sway for any other method that month and will often have to skip the month. It does not help your sway and in fact harms it in several ways (refer back to my explanation on the first page) whether you are swaying pink or blue!! Do not BD daily through O or to a cutoff for any swayer!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 29th, 2019 at 02:37 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, the trouble is, X and Y sperm have been definitively proven to live about the same amount of time. So this idea doesn't work.

Dr. Shettles looked through a microscope and saw big sperm and little sperm. He assumed the big were X and the little were Y. But he was wrong. What he saw were capacitated (ready to fertilize an egg) and uncapacitated (dormant) sperm. Capacitated sperm are fast and tiny and don't live very long. Uncapacitated sperm are dormant and slow and live for a long time, until they lose their protective cap and are ready to fertilize an egg. But it had nothing to do with X and Y, it's been completely debunked and proven 100% that idea is not true.
    Could you show me the link where dr. Shettles Method is %100 proven not true. I can’t find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

And I'm not sure I put this in that particular essay but last year they did a study where someone went back through all the old timing studies using modern knowhow and even using Shettles and others' own data, proved that the days when the study subjects had thought they ovulated, they hadn't. And when their errors were corrected for, even using Shettles and other old data, timing did not sway. All based on a bunch of mistakes.

Science can rarely debunk anything 100% but Shettles is as debunked as it is possible to ever debunk anything in science. We know he was wrong, we know why he was wrong, and using his own data we have proven the conclusions of his studies are wrong.

I got 3 of my 4 boys with Shettles girl timing (other boy was a sneak attack, I don't know when I got him!) and gave all that up and got my girl with Shettles blue timing.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I’m new here! By one attempt was does this mean exactly? Does hubby release any during af-o before the one attempt?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! One attempt means just one attempt, unprotected, in the fertile window of O-3/4 through O Day (some people worry about O-4 counting as an attempt, others don't. I'm undecided) You only have sex ONE time and not many times.

You can then add ON something like frequent (daily) release in addition to the one attempt, but you don't have to. The one attempt is the key, nothing else has really worked, including the FR.

A couple essays that you may find helpful: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...off-with-O-12=

https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...pink-and-blue=

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you BD at all after AF for your girls or did your husband release any during that time?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    who me?? I only have one girl and my husband and I did e4d without really intending to (I hadn't invented that yet, LOL)

So BD about every 4 days after AF thru O Day.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    and please note - I think a BIG part of the key to our rising success rates is getting rid of the crap that ISN"T working. Up till this past year, most people were still doing a lot of the stuff that wasn't really doing any heavy lifting (such as timing, jellies, frequency, antihistamine, herbs) This ends up with people in situations where they either go on swaying and not getting pregnant so long that they panic and start doing lots of things to boost conception (and possibly swaying blue) or end up with their ovulation delayed or stopped because they lost too much weight on diet that they had to stop dieting and eat more fertility friendly foods just to get pregnant at all. Additionally, the kind of maniacal attention to detail it takes to manage all those things (that remember, aren't even helping!!) may also really undermine a pink sway and sway blue via the "control freak" factor.
    I feel a bit dumb here... So the 1 attempt, I get that's 1x unprotected sex on O-1 preferably. But are we celibate AF-O? Does frequency of DH's release matter (i.e. every 3 days vs 10 days, not a FR pattern) e4d may be 1 attempt for women's fertile period, but how is it affecting sperm production?

I get why you can't really compare 1 attempt to e4d statistically, but man that's my burning question!

And thank you for answering so many of my questions on various threads- I'm reading and learning a lot!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand it's everyone's burning question, but till I strike it rich and can fund studies we can't compare the two. We'd need to do a study in people doing nothing else to sway to find out if either of them really alters the gender ratio, and if so by roughly how much. Till then my recommendation stands to start off at one attempt for most people and go to e4d, but as we've talked about when you've got a limited time to TTC it makes sense to start off at e4d, too.

Timing, frequency (number of times hubs releases) and number of attempts are all three different methods. You can use them together or alone. I have a good indepth explanation of all that here in this thread https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...off-with-O-12=

having hubby release every 4 days is, on paper, said to raise sperm health, and theoretically sway blue. But I PrOMISE it is no magic bullet at all and lots and lots of people get girls both with regular release + one attempt and e4d method (or I'd not recommend it, of course) And indeed, even lots of blue swayers still get pink opposites with regular release.

While I don't yet have the data to prove it, I have a strong suspicion that frequency patterns do little for pink OR blue. I'm just not seeing how, if abstain and FR don't work, how regular release would strongly sway blue, either. I have a pretty good vibe now that if any frequency works it gets swallowed up by the things that are much more effective. If they were doing anything we'd be seeing it make huge differences now, and frequency just doesn't seem to be making huge differences.

11. Thanks Jessirberger thanked for this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast