Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is UP with the BD thru O for pink lately?

Updated 1-31-18 Please scroll down a few posts below where I have an indepth explanation about why not to EVER do this method OR BD to a cutoff for pink OR for blue. IT DOES NOT WORK and you really, really put your sway at massive risk by doing so. I also have another thread in which I go over this very topic that has a lot of good explanation in it here, mostly on the second page: Super Confused about Frequency!!!

Did IG change their recommendations or something?? This past month I have about 20 new people all of whom are trying to do daily BD thru O or to a cutoff for pink and I've barely ever had anyone do that before???? Where is this coming from and what is their reasoning?
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 30th, 2018 at 01:50 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really know where it is coming from but reading through a few sways I have noticed people doing it to and it appears to work. I have started considering it if we don't get pregnant soon. I know it's probably not the smartest given everything I've read and what you would recommend, but dang if it isn't tempting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, can you explain what that is? I'm not familiar...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes have definitely seen a few newbies asking for advice on their sway and this has been in their strategies. Curious.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    when I did my monitored cycle both my doctor & pathologist advised BD everyday in the fertile window - I think they generally worry about people not having enough attempts but 1 at +opk works well for me
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by oxox2013 View Post
    I don't really know where it is coming from but reading through a few sways I have noticed people doing it to and it appears to work. I have started considering it if we don't get pregnant soon. I know it's probably not the smartest given everything I've read and what you would recommend, but dang if it isn't tempting!

NO ONE DO THIS!!!!!!!!

Seriously, please, in the name of all that is good and holy, Ladies, do NOT NOT NOT do this. Don't do it for blue. Don't do it for pink. DO NOT DO BD DAILY THRU O or to a cutoff anyone on this site ever ever ever. NEVER!

It does not help you get pregnant. It doesn't help anyone do anything. All it does is prevent conception when done correctly for many, many men (this is among the #1 things that people do "wrong" when TTC) because by the time the egg shows up many guys are shooting nothing but dust. all the big batches of sperm will be dead and gone before your fertile window even opens. PLUS a lot of guys "run out of steam" and then cannot perform for your actual fertile period!

For blue swayers, it's really risky because frequent release may sway pink, so by the time the egg shows up they're basically doing a pink sway ESPECIALLY because some blue swayers' hubbies do run out of steam and cannot perform in the fertile window, and this has ended up causing many people to end up with not only many days of pointless release, but one attempt in the fertile window often with a cutoff because hubby runs out of steam on O-3 and can't go again till after the egg is dead and gone!! DO NOT DO THIS STUPID METHOD FOR BLUE.

For pink swayers, it's really risky because not only can some guys be rendered basically infertile by it as described above, but also because some guys are actually not that affected by it and can just shake it off, then you end up having three attempts in the fertile window which sways hugely blue. Additionally, things invariably go wrong when people try it (hubs is tired, can't perform, kid in bed, people get sick) and this all too often ends up morphing into every other day, which not only can be 2 or even 3 attempts in fertile window, but is also a huge blue sway on the frequency end of it. DO NOT DO THIS STUPID METHOD FOR PINK. And do not think that by doing a cutoff you are changing anything because you can't predict in advance when you will ovulate and so it is very very VERY easy for you to ovulate 1-2-3 days early and whammo there you are you BD 3 times and on O day ANYWAY.

Plus, both of them are VERY stressful for DH and may make him burn out on swaying sooner rather than later and some husbands get so fed up with swaying that they will even refuse to TTC any more.

If you want to up odds of conception, do SMEP. That is the best way to up odds of conception. Yes, it may sway a bit blue, but at least it helps you get pregnant. trying to do BD daily thru O does NOT help you get pregnant and it also may sway blue (and not a little bit either especially if something comes up and you end up having EOD attempts plus 2-3 in the fertile window). It is a dumb, dumb, dumb method. I don't care if it seems to work out sometimes for people. It won't work out for most people most of the time and I cannot and will not ever recommend it because the practical application is impossible and doesn't even work!!!!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; March 15th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

9. Likes MiaMelb, XXforhubby, laurelw, Katie.Z liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kc15880 View Post
    when I did my monitored cycle both my doctor & pathologist advised BD everyday in the fertile window - I think they generally worry about people not having enough attempts but 1 at +opk works well for me
    ^^^^^^ This is what I have read and been told by several people "in the know" - it is the FIRST thing that doctors and RE's rule out when people are having trouble conceiving, because so many people do exactly that and render themselves functionally infertile because there is barely any sperm by the time the egg shows up.

DO NOT DO THIS STUPID METHOD for anyone TTC!!!

11. Likes XXforhubby, kc15880 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally agree!!! Frequent BD had us trying for months to conceive DS1 - & I am sure that it just reduced his supply too much. DS2 was a 1 hit wonder first month trying & the last 2 BFP have been the result of 1 attempt at opk. For my hubby at least releasing E3d seems to have a much better result at keeping a supply for the "attempt".
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awe well glad you shed some light on this issue and it's cleared up. As for me, I won't be putting this obviously stupid away tactic into motion either way because I am staring at a positive pregnancy test right now.... I may be in shock after like 8 or 9 months trying!

DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Chiengr thanked for this post
    Likes MiaMelb, NACIREMADREAM liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awe well glad you shed some light on this issue and it's cleared up. As for me, I won't be putting this obviously stupid away tactic into motion either way because I am staring at a positive pregnancy test right now.... I may be in shock after like 8 or 9 months trying!

DS112
    DS23
    DS31

17. Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast