Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Conception vitamins ?

I don't need help conceiving, I am very fertile but I was wondering if I took pre-conception vitamins would this make me extra fertile? I am worried about having twins. My mother is a twin and so is her father. Would the vitamins increase the chances ?
    A friend of mine took conceive well gold and got a boy after having 7 girls.
    Not sure if it was a coincidence or not but I was thinking about taking them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hereditary twins comes down the female line and is for non-identical twins... is this what your mum is? That's caused by multiple ovulation each cycle and I don't know if multivits would affect this.

conception multivitamins in general tend to sway blue very strongly. Partly because of the nutrients, partly because they boost fertility by containing certain supps that the blue swayers also take.

I was taking Pregnacare Conception when I conceived my DS, and haven't met anyone else who took it yet that didn't have a boy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    hereditary twins comes down the female line and is for non-identical twins... is this what your mum is? That's caused by multiple ovulation each cycle and I don't know if multivits would affect this.

conception multivitamins in general tend to sway blue very strongly. Partly because of the nutrients, partly because they boost fertility by containing certain supps that the blue swayers also take.

I was taking Pregnacare Conception when I conceived my DS, and haven't met anyone else who took it yet that didn't have a boy.
    Yeah I was worried the vitamins might make me ovulate 2 eggs instead of 1.
    My mother was an identical twin her father was non-identical.
    So that means the twins genes got passed on down through my grandfathers sisters family?

Should I also take the other boy swaying vitamins / supps, or just stick to the conceive well gold?
    I don't know if you over dose on vitamins ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    to me, that implies that your mother was a twin-fluke (because that type of twins is not hereditary), and I don't think you would be at risk of having twins from that... but even if you were prone to double-ovulation, there's still a 75% chance (on average) that each egg won't implant so it could just up your chance of pregnancy overall and still only be a small chance of actually conceiving twins.
    If it did boost your egg quality/fertility, I don't think it would increase your chance of twins massively...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I took A, E, and Folic Acid because they help fertility and baby health. I stopped taking A and E with AF because they can cause birth defects during pregnancy if in high doses. I am taking high doses of Folic Acid because I wouldn't mind twins but if you took less then 800 then you should be ok for one healthy baby, but 1600-5000 would increase twinning.

Red Raspberry, Iron, and B's are good before and during pregnancy because they help the mom during and after labor. They do not harm the baby.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pp20 - does folic acid up the chances of twins then? I didn't know that...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya I took pregnacare for before both of my pregnancies and have two daughters but I will be taking it again this time anyway despite having two girls (am swaying for a boy )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blackmores Conceive Well™ Gold prepares the body for conception. Some of the key nutrients include:

Antioxidants - are important for women attempting conception. Chances of conception increase in women with higher levels of antioxidants in the fluid surrounding their reproductive organs.
    CoQ10 - Levels of CoQ10 decrease with age. Adequate levels of CoQ10 in the expectant mother are associated with healthy early stages of pregnancy.
    Iodine - is important for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland as it is an essential nutrient required for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones affect almost every cell in the body and regulate oxygen use, metabolic rate and cellular metabolism. Iodine plays an important role in normal brain development and eyesight.
    Tuna oil - is a source of omega-3 long chain fatty acids. DHA is particularly important for the normal function of the brain, and for development of normal eyesight.
    Folic acid - plays a role in DNA and RNA synthesis, and is therefore critical in cellular division. In order to divide properly, cells need adequate folate. The development and growth of a foetus involves constant cell division, which can lead to an increase in the mother's demand for folate.
    Vitamin C - is needed for hormone production and may help to stimulate normal ovulation. The developing egg needs adequate vitamin C to mature. The ovary contains one of the largest ascorbic acid stores in the body.
    Vitamin D3 - supports calcium absorption and is essential for building and maintaining healthy bones. Low vitamin D levels are common in women during pregnancy.
    Iron - a component of haemoglobin, an essential component of red blood cells. Haemoglobin transports oxygen in the body. Having optimal haemoglobin levels helps the cells of the body receive sufficient oxygen. Early foetal brain development requires adequate iron. As many as one quarter of Australian women have below recommended intakes of iron prior to conception.
    Zinc - essential to good health as it is involved in many enzyme reactions in every cell of the body. Adequate levels of zinc support normal conception and are essential for a healthy baby's normal growth and development.
    B group vitamins - play an essential role in the production of energy and support normal conception

Would it be ok to takes these + L-arg + EPO for a boy sway ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Hiya I took pregnacare for before both of my pregnancies and have two daughters but I will be taking it again this time anyway despite having two girls (am swaying for a boy )
    Did you take "Pregnacare" or "Pregnacare Conception"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast