Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's Your BBT?

Just curious... if you are charting your temps, what is your typical pre-ovulation and post-ovulation temperature ranges? TCOYF says that you should always be above 97 degrees otherwise it could indicate thyroid issues. Since I started charting this time around (6-7 months ago) my pre-ovulation temps are always in the 96.5- 97.0 range. Post ovulation is 97.3 - 97.9. I would worry about thyroid except that I've had it tested a few times in the last year and it was normal. Just curious if anyone else has abnormal temps??? I'm hoping it's more normal than the book makes it sound

Thanks!
    Mom to three beautiful little girls -

Can't wait to see what God has in store for me next... maybe !!??!!??

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it depends on the time of day, mine is usually 96.9-97.1F pre-OV but I do it at 4.30am, it is usually around 97.5-98F post-OV while I'm BF anyway

the earlier in the morning you test, the lower the temps are

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had temps in the high 96's pre o. My chart link is in my signature Good luck!!
    3/3/06 5/1/09

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My pre-O temps are below 97.8, dipping to 97.1 usually. Post-O hang around 98-98.2

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I run cold just like you (temps almost always in 96's-low 97, even down into the 95's a couple times) and my thyroid has been tested several times because of it and found to be normal every time.

The interesting thing is that you have girls and I have boys!

Do keep in mind that in case you become ill, you need to tell your caregivers that you tend to be a cooler person because you may not get as high of temps as others do. I almost got very sick with the Swine Flu when 7 months pg because I only had a fever of 99 and the nurse would not believe me that I had the SF (we had been exposed to someone who was diagnosed with it.). Luckily I called back and got in touch with my doctor after hours and he prescribed Tamiflu immediately and I was taking it by that night.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My Ovucue fertility monitor says to test it first thing in the am, mouth at 5am. But I started doing a BBT every 4hrs starting at 6am... It is about 97.77 in the am and goes up to 98.something the rest of the day. It has been 98.83 in the am since the 18th and 98.98+ in the afternoon and evening.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BGTL, GO AWAY. We are not buying whatever you are trying to sell here.

Science indicates timing does not sway much if at all. Quit wasting people's time.

ETA - there was a troll and at first I wasn't 100% sure if they were an actual troll or just a doofus who REALLY believed in timing, but then once I decided they were for sure a troll, we got rid of their account and all their posts.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 31st, 2011 at 10:14 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    BGTL, GO AWAY. We are not buying whatever you are trying to sell here.

Science indicates timing does not sway much if at all. Quit wasting people's time.
    Here here. Reading these useless posts has wasted too much of my Sunday already ...
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I run cold just like you (temps almost always in 96's-low 97, even down into the 95's a couple times) and my thyroid has been tested several times because of it and found to be normal every time.

The interesting thing is that you have girls and I have boys!

Do keep in mind that in case you become ill, you need to tell your caregivers that you tend to be a cooler person because you may not get as high of temps as others do. I almost got very sick with the Swine Flu when 7 months pg because I only had a fever of 99 and the nurse would not believe me that I had the SF (we had been exposed to someone who was diagnosed with it.). Luckily I called back and got in touch with my doctor after hours and he prescribed Tamiflu immediately and I was taking it by that night.
    I'm so glad to hear that someone else is in the same boat that I am regarding low temps and that you as well don't have a thyroid issue. Great point about fevers when you get sick. I never would have thought of that.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Here here. Reading these useless posts has wasted too much of my Sunday already ...
    Am I missing something? What's going on? I haven't been on the boards for a few days and I've seen a few posts like this but haven't seen the "offender". Anyone want to fill me??

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast