Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying and dissapointment ?

For all of you who have swayed and failed do you think you felt more dissapointed cause you swayed, or do you think you would still felt the same if you didn't sway?

I'm having mixed feelings.
    I think if I sway and fail I will feel more dissapointed but then I feel that if I don't sway and get another girl I'll feel dissapointed that I didn't sway and at least give it a go.
    Does anyone else feel like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, I would dare say many of us feel the same way. Most of us decide to give it a go, though, because even if you do just a few things like increase your ewcm and take some great healthy supps, you ARE upping your odds of your desired gender. Whether or not your dice falls on blue is kinda up to the universe, but you are adding more blue sides to your dice (that is the famous analogy from Atomic about swaying, where you think of your conception as a big 1000 sided dice, and half of the sides are blue and half are pink.....it can land anywhere when you conceive, but you can turn more sides blue or pink by swaying, thus upping your odds of that gender).

It is a tough decision, though, but you really, really need to be ok with getting an opposite if you sway and dtd naturally. If you cannot handle it at all, you are a better candidate for doing IVF with PGD. I hope that helps!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think its kind of a catch 22 situation. if you don't sway you may always think, what 'could' have been?? And if you do sway you may always think, what 'should' have been!! So your caught either way. I think you just have to be sure of your decision before your attempt and know from then on 'what will be, will be' and know the dice are rolled

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're going to be disappointed if it doesn't work either way but if you don't try you're going to "should" all over yourself.

You can't go through life afraid to try. I'm sure you're stronger than that!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    You're going to be disappointed if it doesn't work either way but if you don't try you're going to "should" all over yourself.
    This! I had to know we'd done our best - and I'm so glad I found this site too, otherwise we'd have gone for Shettles timing with frequent BDing which is what it said in the book I bought!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel the same way. I think if my sway doesn't work, though, at least I will know I tried. That was my biggest regret about DD2--I didn't know about swaying, and I felt like I could have possibly done something to change what gender baby I had if I had known. If you are planning a baby either way, swaying can't hurt.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Swaying is about trying not about winning or failing"
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    "Swaying is about trying not about winning or failing"
    Absolutely. I really don't like it when people talk about 'failed' sways. The way I see it, the sway didn't fail if you increased your chances of having one gender over the chance you would have had without swaying (a bit wordy - hope that makes sense!). That doesn't mean you'll get that gender, it just means you upped your chances - and there's no way of measuring whether you were successful or not in doing that.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Absolutely. I really don't like it when people talk about 'failed' sways. The way I see it, the sway didn't fail if you increased your chances of having one gender over the chance you would have had without swaying (a bit wordy - hope that makes sense!). That doesn't mean you'll get that gender, it just means you upped your chances - and there's no way of measuring whether you were successful or not in doing that.
    I love to look at it as I am trying for a girl but whatever I have is based on the life that picks me... My children are my world and they picked me for a reason.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ... and I really wouldn't want to label that child as a 'fail' in any shape or form before they've even been born!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast