Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much Clomid would cause twins or more?

So I have heard that the more you take over time can cause twins... and... that taking a high dose can cause twins. So how much do you have to take for twins?

... I am not going to take Clomid because I am allergic to the preservatives in it but I am wondering for other people who don't want twins and are taking it.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know of a lady on another site who topped up her prescribed 100mg dose with another 100mg dose and is expecting 5 Including a set of id twins.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No way ELP!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of us in HT have to undergo what is called a clomid challenge test where test test our FSH level on day 3, we then take clomid- 100mg for 5 days and then have our FSH tested again. I think it depends on your ovaries and the current state of the union with what is going on in there. I was 34, had a 6 month old with no fertility issues and I had 1 follicle that would likely reach maturity and a second that was growing but may not have caught up. My testing was very poor even though I had had 3 kids all first month trying. I have quiet ovaries.

All that to say, it is hard to say exactly how you may react to a drug. If you have Poli-cystic ovaries and don't know it(we see that too), you could have several follicles on clomid, if you are like me, maybe one.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    5... is she insane! What site is that? Even being Catholic I would have to reduce that or terminate completly because of the health risk to the babies. And I would have to ignore my boys, hubbies, and my needs just to care for that many.

Either she took to much on purpose or the Dr's gave her a high dose!
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Some of us in HT have to undergo what is called a clomid challenge test where test test our FSH level on day 3, we then take clomid- 100mg for 5 days and then have our FSH tested again. I think it depends on your ovaries and the current state of the union with what is going on in there. I was 34, had a 6 month old with no fertility issues and I had 1 follicle that would likely reach maturity and a second that was growing but may not have caught up. My testing was very poor even though I had had 3 kids all first month trying. I have quiet ovaries.

All that to say, it is hard to say exactly how you may react to a drug. If you have Poli-cystic ovaries and don't know it(we see that too), you could have several follicles on clomid, if you are like me, maybe one.
    So the same test would be done on a normal person who is not doing HT?
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it is used to see how you may respond to the IVF meds.

Jon and Kate used clomid- she has PCOS and was to do an IUI but her RE refused. They went home and had sex with 8 mature follicles seen on u/s. She is no better than octomom and yet "we" celebrated her going against orders and risking those babies' lives.

It's really stupid to take a drug like that when you are dealing with life and death.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you are presecribed clomid, your doctor will monitor you prior to ovulation to make sure you don't have 8 follicles ready to go and can make an informed decision for yourself!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hubby and I hate Octomom, Jon & Kate, and most of the ones that choose to have all those babies after having at least 1 healthy child. It is different for the people who have no kids and use the drugs and conceive 4+ babies. Triplettes is high risk but ok for the people who can carry them and care for them without any issues.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    Hubby and I hate Octomom, Jon & Kate, and most of the ones that choose to have all those babies after having at least 1 healthy child. It is different for the people who have no kids and use the drugs and conceive 4+ babies. Triplettes is high risk but ok for the people who can carry them and care for them without any issues.
    In both of those cases, they knew what the possible outcome was and did it anyway. Intent is everything.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast