Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC for a girl after my rainbow boy?

Hi, ladies! First of all, I'd like to thank you for clicking on my post and reading. I made a post earlier, but I'm not sure what happened to it. Sorry, I'm new here. I am a mamma of two - one angel baby girl whom passed at almost 6 months due to pre term labor and a rainbow little boy.
    My husband and I would love our children close together and would love to try for a little girl. I am still nursing my son, so I've been having irregular periods. My periods returned 4 weeks postpartum, for the first 4 months my cycles were 26 days exactly, now my periods are long (35 days+) and according to Toni Weschler (author of, "Taking Charge of your Fertility", I possibly didn't ovulate as I had patches of wet/fertile cervical mucus throughout my irregular cycles. I started temping religiously this month, ordered some OPKs, and started taking Vitex as of 3 days ago to help me ovulate and regulate my periods. My question is, ladies, do any of you ladies have nay other advice? I heard Vitex can give false positives on OPKs as it raises your LH, is this true? What else can I do other than wean my son to maximize my fertility? Thanks, ladies!
    I am currently gluten free, I eat around 1500-1800 calories a day to sway pink.
    Last edited by angelmamma; August 29th, 2017 at 12:30 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, another question: I understand that I read on here that I should take Vitex from CD1-O, would that mean once I get a positive LH test? What about while I'm breastfeeding? Since I am breastfeeding and this is my first cycle with vitex, how often should I test? Thanks again!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi im not the most knowledgeable on swaying but didnt want to read and run because we also lost our first little girl (second child) midway through the pregnancy, which left us with just our eldest-a boy. i didnt know about swaying back then but if i had i would 100% have done it to try and up our odds of a girl.
    after we lost our daughter i then went on to have 3 boys in a row, so we had 4 boys at home and were desperate for a girl, since then we have been very very fortunate to have had 2 healthy full term baby girls, one with no sway and one successful gender dreaming pink sway im currently pregnant again after our 2nd pink sway but staying team green so wont know if its worked till baby is born.

i never took vitex or any other swaying supplements, i just did 12+ weeks on LE diet, one bd attempt in fertile window and for my 2nd sway i added drinking coffee, though i didnt do that with my first sway and it was still successful try to keep things as simple as possible, do what is working best and leave out all the rest!! good luck!! xx
    now 6blue5pink

4. Thanks angelmamma, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How old is your son? My first thought is your cycles might be having issues just from proximity to birth, but I also think you could be having wonky and possibly anovulatory cycles from breastfeeding at lower calories.

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Throwaway_panther,

Almost 9 months! Time flies! I have just dropped to the lower calorie count, but I've been having irregular periods regardless of my caloric intake.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw your other post and approved it, sometimes posts will randomly go into a moderation queue and i have to approve them first. But then I saw this one and decided to reply here since others already had. Sorry about that.

If your cycles were regular and you got a period you probably did ovulate even if your EWCM patterns were not predictable.

I need you to eat more than that - you're not eating enough to keep your milk supply up and to keep yourself ovulating at the same time. 1800-2000 cals, 50-60 g protein, 50-60 g fat.

Do not start vitex till your baby is at least 6 and I would prefer more like 9 months old.

Do not wean your son. Breastfeeding, I believe sways pink and your cycle being regular already indicates to me that you will be able to conceive that way without much trouble.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmamma View Post
    Also, another question: I understand that I read on here that I should take Vitex from CD1-O, would that mean once I get a positive LH test? What about while I'm breastfeeding? Since I am breastfeeding and this is my first cycle with vitex, how often should I test? Thanks again!
    I'm not totally convinced you should be taking vitex, but what I tend to have people do is take it from CD 1-12 or positive OPK whichever comes first.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    How old is your son? My first thought is your cycles might be having issues just from proximity to birth, but I also think you could be having wonky and possibly anovulatory cycles from breastfeeding at lower calories.
    And if this isn't the cause already, IT WILL BE. You have got to eat more. That is not enough to expect to keep ovulating while breastfeeding, it's just not.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey atomic,

Thank you for your response. I only recently dropped my calorie intake (the past week or so), I have been on Vitex for the past 4 and a half days. Should I stop taking it? I'm on CD 5. I take 400mg in the morning and 400mg in the evening. I will up my calorie intake to 2000 a day then. I am gluten free (not by choice, I am allergic to wheat, have been since I was 4 or 5).
    My son is almost 9months, a week or so shy.
    I have been reading up on "Economic Breastfeeding", and although my son is over 6 months, I have a theory that since we started co-sleeping at around 4-5 months postpartum, that is when my periods became longer and less predictable (35+ days).
    Last edited by angelmamma; August 30th, 2017 at 05:39 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast