Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does Femara sway pink or blue?

I took Femara to get pregnant with my son. I was planning on taking again with my pink sway. However, I'm a little concerned it may sway blue. Does anyone know? Atomic? With my son I definitely had other factors to sway for blue, like BD every other day with a 2-4 day cut off, blue diet, etc. Thanks for your input!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is femera? Only thing of this name I know is a medication used in breast cancer patients??
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    What is femera? Only thing of this name I know is a medication used in breast cancer patients??
    It's the same medicine but has use for fertility treatments as well, and is being used off-label for women who are too old to use Clomid.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow I had no idea! Thanks A
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by angiesscripts View Post
    I took Femara to get pregnant with my son. I was planning on taking again with my pink sway. However, I'm a little concerned it may sway blue. Does anyone know? Atomic? With my son I definitely had other factors to sway for blue, like BD every other day with a 2-4 day cut off, blue diet, etc. Thanks for your input!
    Femara is, for right now, a bit of an unknown quantity for swaying. Like Clomid, it does lower estrogen levels temporarily. But unlike Clomid, it doesn't negatively affect cervical mucus or uterine lining and only causes one egg to be released most of the time (Speculation alert...lower egg quality ~might~ = more girls and since Clomid can make many eggs develop from both ovaries, it ~may~ produce lower-quality eggs in addition to or instead of one very high quality egg). Also, Femara lowers levels of FSH, which is why it works better for older moms than Clomid does, which may or may not sway.

One study done in rats found that Femara did NOT alter the gender ratio in rats, which is good news since practically everything seems to alter the gender ratio in rats, including just walking by their cages and sneezing loudly (not really, just kidding ).

So I believe that Femara is probably neutral for swaying and I strongly recommend that you include an antihistamine in yoru sway after doublechecking with your pharmacist to make sure that's ok, because unlike with Clomid, it's not going to screw up your CM.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic for your response. I feel better about it now. I didn't know if there were any studies out there on it or not. Clomid scares me because of the multiple risk. That's one of the reasons I really love Femara. And I am over 35 so I'm sure Femara is a better choice. I plan on using an antihistamine as well as baby aspirin and RepHresh as well as diet and frequent release. I'm actually a pharmacist so I'm sure it's ok.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    angie, I really like femara too. Not sure why the FDA doesn't just approve it for fertility use already because I know some people are frightened by the off-label use.

Hey, thanks for the pharmacist opinion!!! Much appreciated.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your thoughts have changed right atomic? That Femara does sway pink? But if it doesn't alter CM and stuff, I might be fine using it for blue? I didn't realize it had to do with age... I'm 28, but RE suggested it even BEFORE any testing just for that egg "boost."

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, one study showed that it made more girls than Clomid. But one study is one study (and IKYKWIM)

BOTH Femara and Clomid can and DO make boys in a good % without swaying (and even with swaying!). Absolutely. If they were overwhemlingly, obviously pink friendly then every fertility clinic in the land would be using them as a gender swaying tactic but they aren't because without swaying, they don't alter the gender ratio in any really perceptible way.

10. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TP, for what it's worth...anecdotal, but worth sharing. I took femara CD3-7 with a strong pink sway (LE diet, exercise, coffee/wine, you name it...) and am having a boy. I do think there's a good shot on either, like Atomic said.

12. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post