Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sperm allergies?

Any thoughts on wether a sperm allergy would sway? What about antisperm antibodies? I know they are rare in the women apparently but still do happen.. curious to see what anyone with either of these conditions may have for gender make ups in their family..
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Burakoam, I have no answers..but wow didn’t know there was such a thing such as sperm allergies and anti sperm antibodies!! Do you have any research/article about it??
    I am wondering about why we are having girl #3 after a total lifestyle changes with HE etc, and despite a very boy mom personality ..I had a m/c between my two first girls, and am CONVINCED it was a boy...I have This nagging feeling that something in our biochemistry, bodies, connection between mine and hubs’ cells (or whatever else) somehow makes it hard (impossible?) for a male embryo to stick.
    Of course, could just Be plain coincidence but very curious to see which answers you get and hopefully at least my message will bump your post
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GIRL IS THIS ABOUT ME.

But this was my DH's parents and they ended up with BBBG! Interestingly, all the sperm antibody people online end up with slightly more boys but are all using baking soda douches (PER DOCTOR RECOMMENDATIONS LOL) somehow to override it. Yet the couples wirh it who end up doing IVF with ICSI have a very slight chance of more girls.

LMSM, I'm still so sorry about your loss and your sway. Your sway was so textbook! Again, I keep pointing my finger at the men over and over. It's always going to be 50/50 contribution ××

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually it's about me. Got a call from my doctors office today. Didn't want to say anything to you panther until I had it confirmed...

I am allergic to my husbands sperm. For 5 years I noticed really weird things but nobody picked up on it until I asked to be tested. I get very swollen every time we have sex, and the more sex we have or longer sessions make it almost unbearable to move/walk. I always thought it was just a blood flow thing or you hear those jokes of "well could you walk the next day" when someone jokes about another person having a lot of sex.. also on the list of things I thought normal his Semen actually burns my mouth and throat.. very uncomfortable. thought maybe he was just really acidic and we tried diet stuff but never helped and maybe that should have been a clue but I still never guessed. Have been treated 3 different times for BV due to smell only to find out my culture was actually negative and I was supposed to discontinue the antibiotic..

Also horrible god awful recurrent infections of what I thought were yeast because of awful swelling and tissue inflammation, itching and tiny tissue cuts all over and UTI's way too often for comfort though my cultures were always negative.. well that's because his semen makes me swell up like a balloon apparently and my urethra swells too causing the pressure and pain/burning.

It is INSANITY that this was never caught until now... wtf?

Also called my RE I saw to get pregnant with DD3 and asked for my paperwork and labs and thought all my labs were interesting for an all girl mom so I thought I'd drop them off here too.

Estradiol (estrogen) when I conceived DD3 was 88, prolactin at the time though I hadn't nursed a baby in 6 years at the time my prolactin was 116..lol? (ETA: missed a 1) said all my labs were normal but now when I ask for the lab info I'm told that's actually a little high so now I wonder if the 7 months of trying to conceive DD3 was less about ovulation and more about my luteal phase length.. my cycles were 28 days apart for 7 months but that had never happened to me in my life before that time..so I wonder if I wasn't ovulating in cd 14 and in fact cd 17-18 giving me too short a luteal phase to conceive...I say this because BEFORE I took the clomid in January of 2015 the RE made me take a short stint of progesterone.. which would have lowered the prolactin.. and all this time I thought clomid is why I got pregnant and in reality the progesterone is probably what did it LOL... even more interesting enough my progesterone was a 9 with my first blood draw with DD4 and they were wanting to consider her a gonner with that number even early on but she hung in there.. but it's INTERESTING my progesterone was also low there..

I'm still looking on the internet but not finding much about the gender make ups involved in this.. -shrugs-

ETA: oh and also worth noting.. I spiked what I thought was an actual fever the day I ovulated and DD4 was conceived.. I swore I was getting sick and felt very yuck.. and yet by afternoon I felt fine and was basically like "well that was weird" and later with dating ultrasound her conception date fell on the day I spiked. 100.3 degrees. One hell of an ovulation jump.
    Last edited by Burakoam; October 23rd, 2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LMSM just google antisperm antibodies.. it's not really a research topic at this point it is an actual fertility issue. Every article will talk about both men and women having them.. it's just supposed to be less common in females. Sperm allergy is not common but not rare. And can be different partner to partner to my knowledge. FML.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Panther the thing to keep in mind with DH family having more boys is they used IUI.. I'd be curious to know how many with the soda douches also ended up with IUI on top of that.. I think IVF ends up more pink friendly in this case because of the clomid and femara used. To my knowledge you have to take that with IVF, not a choice, because they want as many eggs to work with as possible? So none of this helped me YET because I believe IUI sways blue (and not because of shettles) and it's a decent enough difference even if other people get girls with Iui that's probably diet and excersise related helping them sway away from the blue factor where as the clomid/femara will always be so pink friendly there will be more girls. I don't think it's the mucus thing with clomid something else we have not figured out yet.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    Panther the thing to keep in mind with DH family having more boys is they used IUI.. I'd be curious to know how many with the soda douches also ended up with IUI on top of that.. I think IVF ends up more pink friendly in this case because of the clomid and femara used. To my knowledge you have to take that with IVF, not a choice, because they want as many eggs to work with as possible? So none of this helped me YET because I believe IUI sways blue (and not because of shettles) and it's a decent enough difference even if other people get girls with Iui that's probably diet and excersise related helping them sway away from the blue factor where as the clomid/femara will always be so pink friendly there will be more girls. I don't think it's the mucus thing with clomid something else we have not figured out yet.
    Noo! My DH family had years of failed IUIs! The BBB came right on top of each other as a surprise -- they had given up and were about to adopt a girl!

I did always wonder if I had a semen allergy to my high school bf since I used to have... digestive issues after oral sex. Although it might have been psychosomatic lol.

What were your betaproteins?!

Also do you know the reference range for your prolactin before DD3? 16 seems pretty low to normal from what my range was, but then we know mine is weird in how low it was considering I was actively nursing when it was taken...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no info here but I am VERY interested to learn everything you guys find out.

We had a member on here a long time, Michaela, with a sperm allergy and she was one of BBBBG. Don't know about her husband's family (I remembered hers since my daughter is also the only girl with 4 brothers)

They ended up unable to conceive and adopted so I don't even know what she ended up with.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ