Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

dedicated atomic fertility diet thread

Hey guys, while I have the AFD in the PCOS thread still, I know many people have asked me for a thread that is more just the AFD and blood sugar recommendations so I merged the swaying with blood sugar issues with the AFD and hopefully made it easier for people to understand.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...-sugar-issues=
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your updates are fabulous atomic, THANKYOU!!!!

Concerning girl sway starches on fertility diet, I am having white potato & white rice! This is what I should be doing right?

I don’t have pcos or sugar problems according to glucose test earlier in the year, but I am on metformin (HRC let me when cycling because I asked about it assisting egg quality)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!! Our one attempt in the fertile week didn't work at all. Today is cd-3 and we are starting to try again full throttle lol. My case settled, so I don't have a big trial in February anymore. We've tried 13 cycles now for #2 now

TTC starting July 2016!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    Your updates are fabulous atomic, THANKYOU!!!!

Concerning girl sway starches on fertility diet, I am having white potato & white rice! This is what I should be doing right?

I don’t have pcos or sugar problems according to glucose test earlier in the year, but I am on metformin (HRC let me when cycling because I asked about it assisting egg quality)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes both those are believed much more fertility friendly (and without swaying blue!) than higher intake of the white, refined wheat products and even whole grain wheat!

Metformin helps forgive a lot so don't worry if you mess up on diet now and then.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
    Thanks!! Our one attempt in the fertile week didn't work at all. Today is cd-3 and we are starting to try again full throttle lol. My case settled, so I don't have a big trial in February anymore. We've tried 13 cycles now for #2 now
    You probably recall Meoab - she went on and on without getting pregnant for about that long and she ended up having to lose some weight and really work hard to follow the alternate HE Diet that's better for blood sugar and she did end up having a boy!! We got this, honeybee.

6. Likes honeybee liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!! I remember you were telling me about pregnitude. Can I take that with metformin? I'm still taking 500mg (too scared to move up to 1000 and eventually 1500mg!) I cannot have GI issues on my commute haha!

ETA: Or what about fertilitea?

TTC starting July 2016!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    yes both those are believed much more fertility friendly (and without swaying blue!) than higher intake of the white, refined wheat products and even whole grain wheat!

Metformin helps forgive a lot so don't worry if you mess up on diet now and then.
    Fabulous, I think Im on the right track Lucky about the metformin and messing up, I dare say this festive silly season will be a challenge here and there...

Thanks so much atomic

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any good tips on how or what foods to get the adequate amount of fat into the fertility diet?

I am eating mainly salad or vegetables (free-zucchini,cucumber,lettuce,mushrooms,asparagus sometimes capsicum) with either white rice or potato & 100g chicken for each 2 meals(lunch & dinner). Then I have 100g full fat plain yoghurt with strawberries later, and half a pear. At lunch I often have a banana, coconut water and coffee shot smoothie too, and at dinner I try to have 2 alcoholis drinks. Which I think is alright isn't it? I am not hungry. My concern is in being on it from early December I have already lost 5kg taking me down to 53-4kg and Im not starting to ttc until March. Im loving the loss but Im concerned I may lose too much by the time ttc comes around if I keep going at this pace? I am walking an hour a day at least 6 days atm, but that will decline when hubby returns to work on Monday I am guessing.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Suggestions on other types of carbs to add to the white rice and potato would be good too.

Thanks!!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
    Thanks!! I remember you were telling me about pregnitude. Can I take that with metformin? I'm still taking 500mg (too scared to move up to 1000 and eventually 1500mg!) I cannot have GI issues on my commute haha!

ETA: Or what about fertilitea?
    Oh gosh I am SO SORRY I missed this post!!

Do not do both Pregnitude and Metformin, they do the same thing. (and Pregnitude is not the greatest for tummy issues either TBH)

NO Fertilitea. Fertilitea has components that sway pink and other stuff that can delay ovulation and since we've just got you Oing regularly I want that to continue on!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    Any good tips on how or what foods to get the adequate amount of fat into the fertility diet?

I am eating mainly salad or vegetables (free-zucchini,cucumber,lettuce,mushrooms,asparagus sometimes capsicum) with either white rice or potato & 100g chicken for each 2 meals(lunch & dinner). Then I have 100g full fat plain yoghurt with strawberries later, and half a pear. At lunch I often have a banana, coconut water and coffee shot smoothie too, and at dinner I try to have 2 alcoholis drinks. Which I think is alright isn't it? I am not hungry. My concern is in being on it from early December I have already lost 5kg taking me down to 53-4kg and Im not starting to ttc until March. Im loving the loss but Im concerned I may lose too much by the time ttc comes around if I keep going at this pace? I am walking an hour a day at least 6 days atm, but that will decline when hubby returns to work on Monday I am guessing.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Suggestions on other types of carbs to add to the white rice and potato would be good too.

Thanks!!!!!
    Butter, eggs, cheese, salad dressing, mayonnaise, more yogurt, cream in your coffee, sour cream on the baked potato or the veggies! Tree nuts are allowed too, it's peanuts that are not.

If you like sweet potatoes they are great. The fertity diet can be a little unforgiving if you have to give up whole grains and legumes, but if you're doing it only as a precaution and not because you have bad egg quality, you can sneak back in SOME whole wheat and legumes (just don't go overboard as they are harmful to fertility for some people) You can also have oats, the reason they were not included for pink is that they have compounds in them that may sway slightly blue but I truly believe that is primarily when taken in supplement form and not eating a bowl of porridge a few times a week.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 12th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast