Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help! How can I "counteract" that?

Sometimes I get funny little runs on sway questions and this week it’s been all about “counteracting” things. People keep asking me about some component of their sway that is less than ideal and asking me what magic pill they can pop or mystical ritual they can undertake to “counteract” it.

Unfortunately, this concept simply doesn’t work. The idea that every element of swaying is mathematically set to sway X or Y percent and if you can’t do one thing you just plug in some other tactic that also sways X or Y percent and it somehow undoes the “harm” of whatever it was - it’s not really a thing. Swaying is not an algebra equation where every “factor” gets ya 3% and then you tally them all up in a neat row and get to 100%. That’s why we call our sway strategies tactics and not “factors” here on Gender Dreaming. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html

The amount things sway is almost certainly different for every individual anyway and additionally, the sway tactics work in concert with each other. Diet and exercise, for example, work together. They both sway on their own but together is much more effective. If you don’t want to exercise and prefer to take an herb instead - hey, that’s your choice to make, but I do not consider any herb to “counteract" lack of exercise, no way, no how. These things are simply not 1:1 interchangeable. Vitex does NOT equal exercise. Gelatin does NOT equal exercise. Ions do NOT equal diet for 12 weeks. The things that get good results are just BETTER than the things that don’t. Do those things.

To put it a different way - if there were some easy thing you could do that always swayed X or Y percent, wouldn’t we just do that to begin with? Why would I have you avoid anything that can sway? So that’s what we do. We have the set of things that sway pink and the set of things that sway blue and that’s what we recommend people do!! We don’t have some secret ace in the hole that we don’t tell you guys about unless you have something that is less than ideal, that “compensates” for anything. There is nothing in my bag of tricks that I can pull out to make up for not doing the things that really work. Do those things!!

As for the things that are minor and probably don’t make a lick of difference, just let those go! If they're things that don't even work, that cause trouble and cut odds of conception and make you feel all control-freaky or overwhelmed, kick 'em to the curb and don't look back! There is no reason to worry about your husband not taking his powdered rhino testicle pills or the horrifying appearance of Blue Blood Super Moon of 2018 if you are already doing diet, exercise, and number of attempts. There is nothing to do any differently to “compensate” for things that are probably not even working. If it sways and is reliable, we already recommend it. If it's not diet, exercise, number of attempts, it probably makes no difference whether you do it or not. There is no ace in the hole - just do the stuff that works and don’t worry about the stuff that doesn’t.

And the same is true for getting pregnant as well. Virtually everything that boosts conception sways blue. So pink swayers, when you ask me to give you something that “compensates” for extreme levels of douching or really long cutoffs (I get this question a lot...people will say “ok atomic I understand this cuts odds of conception but can’t you just give me something that ups odds of conception at the same time?”) I can’t do that. It's not how it works. All you’re doing is exchanging something that cuts odds of conception to nil, with something that sways blue (and many times does not make it much easier to get pregnant...a 6 day cutoff will not end in conception no matter how much Preseed you use, and then if you ovulate early, you will have used the Preseed!!). It’s not a good trade! Blue swayers, do not take this to mean that if you have a little trouble conceiving you should therefore take every herb on the Internet ever said to boost chances of getting pregnant. Virtually all these magical herbs have risks and side effects that often end up messing up your cycle so badly you actually end up WORSE off than you were to begin with (not to mention may sway pink). Imagine trying to get pregnant only now instead of just needing to wait for sperm to meet egg, your cycles are now 3 months long and your LP is now 7 days. There are forums full of women taking 9 million herbs and not getting pregnant. The herbs do nothing for the vast majority of people taking them. You can see this when people recommend an herb and tell you it took them 6-9 months of taking it before they conceived! They did not get pregnant because of the herb, they would have been pregnant in 6-9 months anyway. What's worse, they end up making things worse far more than they ever help, and for our purposes we don't know what kind of effects they may have on your sway!

One last thing - making up for things that really ARE less than ideal but are unchangeable. For blue - your husband smoking, jogging, biking. For pink - your husband NOT smoking, jogging, biking. Or whatever. Whatever you can't do or change that others are doing or changing. Trust me, it's still ok. I have to make a blanket prescription for everyone but all you need to worry about is doing the doable. All you have to do to succeed with swaying (and by this I mean having the best sway you can, NOT getting a guarantee, because even "perfect" sways still produce opposites 30% of the time) is doing what you can to do differently than when you got your boys/girls. I don't mean doing the opposite, I mean doing as much as you can of what has worked for most people, most of the time. That's all you have to do. If your husband smokes you are STILL going to have higher chances of blue with swaying, than if he smokes and you don't sway! Even if you may not have an "ideal"sway, you will have the best sway that YOU can do and none of us can ask for any more than that.

Comparison is the thief of joy. Do what you can do and let go of the rest. That is the key to a great sway!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 1st, 2018 at 11:41 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Sometimes I get funny little runs on sway questions and this week it’s been all about “counteracting” things. People keep asking me about some component of their sway that is less than ideal and asking me what magic pill they can pop or mystical ritual they can undertake to “counteract” it.

Unfortunately, this concept simply doesn’t work. The idea that every element of swaying is mathematically set to sway X or Y percent and if you can’t do one thing you just plug in some other tactic that also sways X or Y percent and it somehow undoes the “harm” of whatever it was - it’s not really a thing. Swaying is not an algebra equation where every “factor” gets ya 3% and then you tally them all up in a neat row and get to 100%. That’s why we call our sway strategies tactics and not “factors” here on Gender Dreaming. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html

The amount things sway is almost certainly different for every individual anyway and additionally, the sway tactics work in concert with each other. Diet and exercise, for example, work together. They both sway on their own but together is much more effective. If you don’t want to exercise and prefer to take an herb instead - hey, that’s your choice to make, but I do not consider any herb to “counteract" lack of exercise, no way, no how. These things are simply not 1:1 interchangeable. Vitex does NOT equal exercise. Gelatin does NOT equal exercise. Ions do NOT equal diet for 12 weeks. The things that get good results are just BETTER than the things that don’t. Do those things.

To put it a different way - if there were some easy thing you could do that always swayed X or Y percent, wouldn’t we just do that to begin with? Why would I have you avoid anything that can sway? So that’s what we do. We have the set of things that sway pink and the set of things that sway blue and that’s what we recommend people do!! We don’t have some secret ace in the hole that we don’t tell you guys about unless you have something that is less than ideal, that “compensates” for anything. There is nothing in my bag of tricks that I can pull out to make up for not doing the things that really work. Do those things!!

As for the things that are minor and probably don’t make a lick of difference, just let those go! If they're things that don't even work, that cause trouble and cut odds of conception and make you feel all control-freaky or overwhelmed, kick 'em to the curb and don't look back! There is no reason to worry about your husband not taking his powdered rhino testicle pills or the horrifying appearance of Blue Blood Super Moon of 2018 if you are already doing diet, exercise, and number of attempts. There is nothing to do any differently to “compensate” for things that are probably not even working. If it sways and is reliable, we already recommend it. If it's not diet, exercise, number of attempts, it probably makes no difference whether you do it or not. There is no ace in the hole - just do the stuff that works and don’t worry about the stuff that doesn’t.

And the same is true for getting pregnant as well. Virtually everything that boosts conception sways blue. So pink swayers, when you ask me to give you something that “compensates” for extreme levels of douching or really long cutoffs (I get this question a lot...people will say “ok atomic I understand this cuts odds of conception but can’t you just give me something that ups odds of conception at the same time?”) I can’t do that. It's not how it works. All you’re doing is exchanging something that cuts odds of conception to nil, with something that sways blue (and many times does not make it much easier to get pregnant...a 6 day cutoff will not end in conception no matter how much Preseed you use, and then if you ovulate early, you will have used the Preseed!!). It’s not a good trade! Blue swayers, do not take this to mean that if you have a little trouble conceiving you should therefore take every herb on the Internet ever said to boost chances of getting pregnant. Virtually all these magical herbs have risks and side effects that often end up messing up your cycle so badly you actually end up WORSE off than you were to begin with (not to mention may sway pink). Imagine trying to get pregnant only now instead of just needing to wait for sperm to meet egg, your cycles are now 3 months long and your LP is now 7 days. There are forums full of women taking 9 million herbs and not getting pregnant. The herbs do nothing for the vast majority of people taking them. You can see this when people recommend an herb and tell you it took them 6-9 months of taking it before they conceived! They did not get pregnant because of the herb, they would have been pregnant in 6-9 months anyway. What's worse, they end up making things worse far more than they ever help, and for our purposes we don't know what kind of effects they may have on your sway!

One last thing - making up for things that really ARE less than ideal but are unchangeable. For blue - your husband smoking, jogging, biking. For pink - your husband NOT smoking, jogging, biking. Or whatever. Whatever you can't do or change that others are doing or changing. Trust me, it's still ok. I have to make a blanket prescription for everyone but all you need to worry about is doing the doable. All you have to do to succeed with swaying (and by this I mean having the best sway you can, NOT getting a guarantee, because even "perfect" sways still produce opposites 30% of the time) is doing what you can to do differently than when you got your boys/girls. I don't mean doing the opposite, I mean doing as much as you can of what has worked for most people, most of the time. That's all you have to do. If your husband smokes you are STILL going to have higher chances of blue with swaying, than if he smokes and you don't sway! Even if you may not have an "ideal"sway, you will have the best sway that YOU can do and none of us can ask for any more than that.

Comparison is the thief of joy. Do what you can do and let go of the rest. That is the key to a great sway!
    Thank you atomic, I can relate a lot to the kind of thinking in equations that you describe. Reading this was just what I needed today to not drift (too much ) into the direction of swaysession!

08/2014 04/2016

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bumping to sticky

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump