Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pink & Blue swayers who already have girls... How girly are you?

Apart from diet & other sway factors, I’m curious of the correlation between how girly and feminine a woman is and whether that tends to sway more pink, than it would sway blue.

Many of the people I know who have at least 1 daughter, or who have 2+ daughters tend to be quite girly and embrace more of their feminine side, in comparison than I typically do. They do their hair more styled (usually in curls) on the daily, they always wear makeup, are always into more beauty products and jewelry, are into getting their nails done or painting their own nails lots, dress more girly in terms of fashion for women and overall I guess act more “girly”.

I on the other hand typically wear my hair the same daily - done but down, I wear makeup but more or less very lightly, I don’t often paint my nails or wear lots of jewelry, I dress in women’s clothes... but I’m not into dresses, skirts or fashion really, and am more on the casual side. I don’t go shopping lots and buy new outfits, but I wear very girly colors. I act girly and do girl things, but in terms of embracing my feminine side it’s never been a top priority. I have 2 boys.

So I’m curious about this and being more feminine and girly and that attracting a daughter.
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say in girly girly but no girl for me ... yet!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two girls and I never considered myself to be girly. I always considered myself a boy type of mom.
    #1-2013 -2015 #2-2016
    Praying so hard for a healthy and happy baby
    IUI #1-BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF Cycle#1- 11 ER, 7 Fertilized, 2 PGS tested, 1 normal XX-1 abnormal XX

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im not girly at all, will sometimes paint my nails but thats it pretty much, i hardly ever wear makeup. ive had 5 boys and 3 girls
    now 6blue5pink

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not even remotely. People kept thinking I was having a boy I think because of how "masculine" I am. I like dresses, but dresses are easier than styling bottoms and tops together and are easier for going to the bathroom lol! I used to be more into makeup, but all my makeup friends all had boys. My MIL was a full on model and had 3 boys before her girl. I could easily argue that I know many moms of all boys who act and dress "girly," maybe even in reaction to such a boy household. But I know the most moms who are all over the spectrum, which I think most people are. But I have been a tomboy all my life, and I've got a DD, if
    that helps you at all.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While I also have observed this firsthand (repeatedly!!) I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from that. Remember most people have boys and girls without even trying and so

FWIW I am not that girly, was mistaken often for a boy while growing up until I came into my own in my mid to later teens. I do like girly stuff, but I wouldn't say I am super carried away with it. Like you say, not my top priority. But I'm not really a tomboy either and I don't like getting dirty or rough and tumble things. More like a Hermione (the description in the book, not in the movie LOL)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ