Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

facebook swaying groups are full of misinformation and outright DANGER

Ladies, I tried. I really really tried to join the FB sway groups and be polite and I just cannot do it. I really wanted to be in them so I could chime in when I saw them doing actually dangerous stuff like telling women to take licorice root for pink sways which is extremely dangerous, taking large amounts of blood thinners, etc. I thought I could just sit there and read the posts and occasionally mention the most basic thing here and there and then maybe have some good will for posting a warning when I really needed to. But it's obvious that I cannot do that.

I posted twice in them, without arguing or revealing who I was, just giving what I did differently between boys and girls (once with timing and once with coffee) and they were immediately up my a$$ about it. I do not have enough time or emotional/mental energy to ignore things things in my FB feed that are outright wrong without saying something or else feeling a lot of stress getting involved in quibbling over swaying with every site on the Internet. I tried this in the past on various sites and it devolves into me being argued with constantly and receiving thousands of questions everywhere I go online and it's too taxing when I'm arguing against dozens of other people who claim to be experts. I may at some point revive my personal swaying page on Facebook but I can't be in those other groups with idiots in my face over nothing.

So, if you're in these groups, please proceed with great caution. Much of the advice they give is at best, not going to help your sway and will drastically cut odds of conception for you. At worst, it will sway the opposite direction of what you think it will (such as, telling blue swayers to drink a lot of caffeine for boys, terrible advice) or will actually HARM YOUR HEALTH AND THAT OF YOUR UNBORN CHILD telling you to do things like take licorice root for pink (THIS HAS BEEN 100% proven to lower your baby's IQ) or egg whites for blue (can cause uterine infections that can cause miscarriages or even threaten your life) or any number of a zillion other things that I already fight against every day. I just can't do it everywhere, I'm sorry, wish I could but I can't.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks onebigwish thanked for this post
    Likes Happymommy1987 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally know what you mean. I am not brave enough to join any Facebook groups because you can't be annonymous like you can on internet forums. In this particular forum I have found everyone to be pleasant, but believe me I've been a member of other forums ( esp baby center!) where I left because people jumped at me for saying things that I did not find inciteful at all. At least I was annonymous.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah it would be one thing if I'd set out to pick a fight but I said like the most benign thing ever, just didn't happen to completely tie in to what they were saying. Ah well, better off without wasting the time on it.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You run this group with grace and the fact that anyone would attack you is just outright rude. Even when someone in this group is doing something “wrong” per say, you advice not scold. Thank you for running this group the way you do. I’ve gotten everything I need from this group and never felt I had to go elsewhere and I’m glad I never tried!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes sway_blue liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BxmrWoK.jpg

This is only tangentially related, but I saw it today and thought it was hilarious.

p.s., I am unashamedly "Mum J"

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther, Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post
    I totally know what you mean. I am not brave enough to join any Facebook groups because you can't be annonymous like you can on internet forums. In this particular forum I have found everyone to be pleasant, but believe me I've been a member of other forums ( esp baby center!) where I left because people jumped at me for saying things that I did not find inciteful at all. At least I was annonymous.
    WHAT is the deal with baby center?! I am torn between enjoying the top posts because of how outrageously dramatic they are and also conflicted because I swear every group in there is full of #&Y*Y#!!! My favorite anecdote was when I thought my losses were my thyroid levels being ever so slightly off for awhile, then off a lot, then normal again. Every time I went into a thyroid group on there, women were telling me to dump my endo (who IS willing to work with me and has treated me for 15 years) since he was "killing my babies." I changed my thyroid med, got my levels perfect, still had a loss and went in there to update them, and they all said, "Well your thyroid levels are TOO much now, that's what's doing it." My levels were PERFECT, in range, and I was like, "We're actually pursuing other testing" and they were arguing, "Nope, it's your levels. You're killing your babies."

Check the signature, because we've definitely moved onto factors causing the loss. But man am I ever burnt by baby center.

/rant

Also eff Facebook lol

11. Likes MrsEnglish, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If they only knew how successful you truly are at this! I’ll always be grateful for you and this site! ❤️

6/2003 2/2009 12/2012 4/2015 2015 2016 The Lord Answered my 2017🤰due June 2018, with a healthy to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    WHAT is the deal with baby center?! I am torn between enjoying the top posts because of how outrageously dramatic they are and also conflicted because I swear every group in there is full of #&Y*Y#!!! My favorite anecdote was when I thought my losses were my thyroid levels being ever so slightly off for awhile, then off a lot, then normal again. Every time I went into a thyroid group on there, women were telling me to dump my endo (who IS willing to work with me and has treated me for 15 years) since he was "killing my babies." I changed my thyroid med, got my levels perfect, still had a loss and went in there to update them, and they all said, "Well your thyroid levels are TOO much now, that's what's doing it." My levels were PERFECT, in range, and I was like, "We're actually pursuing other testing" and they were arguing, "Nope, it's your levels. You're killing your babies."

Check the signature, because we've definitely moved onto factors causing the loss. But man am I ever burnt by baby center.

/rant

Also eff Facebook lol
    Wow, that sounds rough. I don't know why they're so crazy, but I know that if you mention taking Clomid, they immediately ask if it's from a Gyn or an RE and whether you're being monitored. If it's a Gyn or you're unmonitored, they act like that's as dangerous as shooting up heroin and they shun you.

Also, I really like how atomic will briefly mention that she doesn't support people buying Clomid off the internet, but she allows discussion of it and will continue to communicate with people who do that. On babycenter buying Clomid off the internet is only slightly less taboo than being a child molester.

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww thanks ladies, I appreciate it!

Yes I run into this attitude everywhere, where the exact same people who are telling you to literally do things for swaying OR TTC that are either outright dangerous (like taking licorice root when TTC, the reason I joined the #&%^$#$ group in the first place) or completely unproven as to safety (like practically every herb) yet have an Indiana-Jones-Nazi-Face-Melt if someone takes Clomid without a doc's prescription or if someone is smoking. they're like "oh yes take cranberry, aspirin, heparin, 100,000 mg fish oil, and bromelain supplements those are all helpful "for implantation" (ps they aren't), but OMG you are a smoker, you horrible person, I hope you die, and of course you will very soon" LOL. Now, I'm not saying smoking is a great idea when TTC but the fact is people smoke for decades and many do smoke during pregnancy (including my own mother). Whereas blood thinners can kill ya and cause miscarriages, like, right here and now.

The reason why I try to be somewhat helpful with the Clomid is because I'd so much rather you guys take it responsibly than in secret, since I've seen people take it on their own and do very dangerous things with it. But more than that, it's because doctors are not using it responsibly anyway. You would not believe the number of people I see whose doctors hand over Clomid in way too high a dose, giving them really terrible directions (such as not having them take a pregnancy test and wait 14 days to be sure they're not pregnant, taking it at random points in the cycle without bloodwork to confirm they're not about to ovulate or haven't already, and telling them that they WILL ovulate on CD 14 or X number of days after taking the medication so people go on month after month without even having a well timed attempt)

And this is both OBGYN and even RE's doing this. The ONLY set of triplets we ever had on Clomid was a woman being ultrasound monitored by her doctor who assured her she had only one follicle. The ONLY case of OHSS we ever had on Clomid was in a woman under the care of a doctor who gave her 150 mg Clomid after 2 BFN on 50, and without ultrasound monitoring. We have had several women who had 4-5 follicles and their doctors told them to TTC that month anyway. Not to mention the huge number of people, especially in the UK, who have medically indicated need for Clomid and their doctors just refuse to give it to them for no real reason. If the doctors were prescribing it consistently, with clear directions, and in every case where women needed it, it would be a different matter, but they aren't.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I am in one I am shocked! These girls got it all wrong also and they get angry when you post your own opinion. I clearly rather stick with this site I trust everything here and feel comfortable
    DS *11/07*
    DD *03/09*
    DS *01/14*
    DD *11/16*

Praying for one more Daughter

I am so thankful and blessed!

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast