Thread: help with OPKs

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

help with OPKs

I posted this in the TTC girl forum but didn't get responses, so I'm trying again here. Thanks!

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations on what kind of OPK tests to use. With my first daughter, I used the cheapo strips that I bought online via Amazon. I am using them again this time but finding them a little hard to decipher (I also ovulate REALLY early). With the digital OPK tests- is it confusing to use? For one attempt, would I do that when I am getting the blinking smiley face or the solid? I guess my fear is that it will blink forever and never turn solid, as I read this happened in some of the Amazon reviews. Knowing I am going for one attempt makes me a little nervous to ONLY use the cheapo sticks, so I'm considering using both those and the digital. Thanks for your advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you use the digital ones (the regular, not the advanced) then you'd have an attempt upon getting a smiley. The advanced ones though you'd wait until you get a static smiley (not blinking). Sometimes those advanced ones are frustrating because it's possible to get several days of blinking smiley faces (happened to me!) so I think the reg digital ones are better. You don't really need the advanced ones anyway since you're just doing one attempt in the fertile window. With the digital, there's no guesswork involved but keep in mind it determines the LH surge based on what urine levels were the previous day and compares them. So if you wait too long to use it you may miss the surge. Try taking them as soon as AF ends just in case since you said you O early.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is helpful - thanks! I got the advanced ones so maybe I'll save those for month two (if needed) and start with the regular digital ones, along with the cheapies.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is really, very much easier for me if you post each question once. I am not super human and I can only answer so many questions per day. It hasn't even been 24 hours since you first posted.

I don't like having tons of unanswered questions on the site and when you guys post the same question more than once, it puts me in the position of having to not answer questions (just saying "I answered that already" - which is not helpful for the next person who reads the thread with a similar question) or spending tons of time reanswering the same question.

I just replied in the other spot you asked and you can find that here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...tml#post980239
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry about that! Still a bit unfamiliar with the forums and assumed my questions for you would go in my private forum but my questions for "the group" would go on these public threads. I'm so sorry about that- won't happen again!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No need to apologize, if I never said anything then you guys would never know and then I"d be drowning with every question being asked several times!

If you post your questions right below where your plan is posted (same spot as your questionnaires, just reply to that thread) then that is your private forum. I answer that forum every day usually 2-3 times a day so you'd get your reply sooner than in the free forums.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks Rose2018 thanked for this post