Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic or Anyone measure 4 days behind and turn out okay

I had my 4th ultrasound yesterday and I was supposed to be 8weeks/7w6d by LMP but baby was measuring 7w2d/7w3d so 4-5 days behind. Heart rate was 130

Has anyone had this happen before?

I’m pretty sure of my ovulation as I was tracking and got a positive OPK CD 13 and that was the last time we had sex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s very common for baby to measure a few days ahead or behind, even with knowing your dates. Babies don’t all grow at the same rate and once the placenta takes over around 8-ish weeks rates of growth will vary even more dramatically. Another factor is the ultrasound tech. The baby is very tiny and any variation in placement of the cursors can change the measurements dramatically.
    DH (43), DW (40)

3. Thanks jenn1112 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's not unusual. Please don't worry about any variations within a week to 10 days, as long as the heartbeat was there and everything else looks normal. usually these are down to Oing a day or two later than you thought (even with pos OPK, it could have been you Oed 2-3 days later and could still get preggo with that timing) and/or minor mistakes the tech made in measuring. They are dealing wtih millimeters of growth at this stage and don't always get it right.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes jenn1112 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes it's not unusual. Please don't worry about any variations within a week to 10 days, as long as the heartbeat was there and everything else looks normal. usually these are down to Oing a day or two later than you thought (even with pos OPK, it could have been you Oed 2-3 days later and could still get preggo with that timing) and/or minor mistakes the tech made in measuring. They are dealing wtih millimeters of growth at this stage and don't always get it right.
    Thank you so much! Praying this is my rainbow . I have measured smaller at every ultrasound by 4 days so not sure if they’d measure wrong at every ultrasound? I know baby is so small though and it’s hard to get a good measurement.
    Does 130 HRT seem low for 7w2d?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGirl19 View Post
    It’s very common for baby to measure a few days ahead or behind, even with knowing your dates. Babies don’t all grow at the same rate and once the placenta takes over around 8-ish weeks rates of growth will vary even more dramatically. Another factor is the ultrasound tech. The baby is very tiny and any variation in placement of the cursors can change the measurements dramatically.
    Thank you so much! I’m praying hard for this baby to stick!

8. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope, Emmalyn’s hr has always been in the 130’s I’m 36 weeks pregnant and she still is.

6/2003 2/2009 12/2012 4/2015 2015 2016 The Lord Answered my 2017🤰due June 2018, with a healthy to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

10. Thanks jenn1112 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you measured smaller at each one, it IS possible you implanted later than you thought or something too!

I don't have too much advice outside of what everyone said. I was a mess when my last scan was suddenly two days behind after consistently measuring exactly with when I ovulated and was also told anything even within a week was good and any continued growth plus HB was the important thing. I can never be reassured (lol) so did tons of research. I know that any HB above 120 at this stage is perfect, and even slightly below that is fine!

12. Thanks jenn1112 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2apples View Post
    Nope, Emmalyn’s hr has always been in the 130’s I’m 36 weeks pregnant and she still is.

6/2003 2/2009 12/2012 4/2015 2015 2016 The Lord Answered my 2017🤰due June 2018, with a healthy to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family!

That is so comforting to hear!! Thank you! Love the name Emmalyn, so pretty!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    If you measured smaller at each one, it IS possible you implanted later than you thought or something too!

I don't have too much advice outside of what everyone said. I was a mess when my last scan was suddenly two days behind after consistently measuring exactly with when I ovulated and was also told anything even within a week was good and any continued growth plus HB was the important thing. I can never be reassured (lol) so did tons of research. I know that any HB above 120 at this stage is perfect, and even slightly below that is fine!
    Thank you! I hoping maybe I did ovulate a day later since I was so stressed and maybe implanted late.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn1112 View Post
    That is so comforting to hear!! Thank you! Love the name Emmalyn, so pretty!

Thank you! Yep the dr said she is just a chill baby

Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast