Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying after losing a tube to ectopic pregnancy

So 10 days ago I had emergency surgery to remove my left tube as I had an ectopic pregnancy and my tube had ruptured (This was 3 weeks after being told at my 6 week scan I had miscarried as they couldn't find anything - guess they were wrong!) .

I still want to ttc after I get my period but I'm wondering if there is any point in swaying now. I was going to sway for a girl but I'm sure I read something about ovulating from the left ovary favors girl conceptions which isn't great for me as I only have a right tube now!

Im aware its probably going to be harder getting pregnant now and my main goal is to just have a healthy baby but it would be nice if there was still a 50 % chance of a girl.

Has anyone else lost a tube and what gender did you have? Just curious!
    DSS 2007

Due Feb 2020 Hoping for

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn’t matter what side you ovulate from as to what gender you get.
    DH (43), DW (40)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im pretty certain my sister has only one tube after ectopic and shes got girls and boy

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im hoping the side you ovulate from doesnt sway. Its just that I came across a thread about those who had successfully conceived with one tube and it did seemed that those who had lost a right tube had gone on to have more girls and those who lost a left had more boys. Could have been coincidence though.
    DSS 2007

Due Feb 2020 Hoping for

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear this...yes we have had lots of trouble in the past getting doctors to accurately diagnose ectopic pregnancies. So glad that you are ok but I"m sorry for the loss of your pregnancy and the tube.

There is still plenty of point in swaying. We have had people who lost an ovary and went IVF (so they took ONLY eggs from one ovary, not both) who got both genders and this debunks the idea totally. If you really could only get one gender per ovary, scientists would know that now and it would be used as a method of cheap gender selection with IVF - all they'd have to do is retrieve eggs from one ovary and they'd have 100% the desired gender! But they don't because it doesn't work.

WE also have plenty of people who have gotten girls/boys from the "wrong" tube/ovary!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear this...yes we have had lots of trouble in the past getting doctors to accurately diagnose ectopic pregnancies. So glad that you are ok but I"m sorry for the loss of your pregnancy and the tube.

There is still plenty of point in swaying. We have had people who lost an ovary and went IVF (so they took ONLY eggs from one ovary, not both) who got both genders and this debunks the idea totally. If you really could only get one gender per ovary, scientists would know that now and it would be used as a method of cheap gender selection with IVF - all they'd have to do is retrieve eggs from one ovary and they'd have 100% the desired gender! But they don't because it doesn't work.

WE also have plenty of people who have gotten girls/boys from the "wrong" tube/ovary!
    Thanks Atomic. Getting a diagnosis for my ectopic was very difficult - I went to A&E with severe abdominal pain and bleeding 2 weeks after my 6 week scan but was sent home a few hours later with the wrong diagnosis (Endometritis) and then had to ring up the hospital 3 times over the following week complaining I was still in pain before they admitted me back. I was sent for a scan where they found the ectopic and had surgery a few hours later, so I’d been left with a ruptured tube for a whole week!

Anyway I hope it won’t matter that I may only be able to get pregnant from my right ovary. I just want to get pregnant again so I think I will do a mild sway from now on. I used antihistamines around ovulation to get pregnant this time and will definitely be dropping that in case it was linked to the ectopic.
    DSS 2007

Due Feb 2020 Hoping for

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my word, you are lucky to be alive! How awful!

We have given up the antihistamines except for those who really want them anyway as they didn't work and really cut odds of conception. Let me know how I can help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ