Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hair falling out

Since four days I noticed my hair is falling out with bunches. Can femara/clomid can cause this? Im doing le diet since 1 February and Intermittent fasting so maybe it’s the diet..

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not using clomid or fem, just LE diet. My hair has been falling out as well. I usually get clumps in my hands while rubbing shampoo in. I haven't had that since the birth of my last child almost 3 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could diet really cause a severe hair loss like that? That's scary!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanbrunt View Post
    Yeah it is scary! I haven’t had that since the birth of DS2.

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012

Due Date 23.08.2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, any medication that causes changes in hormone levels can cause hair loss. At any time (after childbirth, coming off BCP, after a loss, stopping breastfeeding) there can be some hair loss. It's not actual hair loss most of the time, it is more that a lot of normal hairs were not falling out for hormonal reasons and then they all decide to fall out at once, which can seem really shocking if you're not expecting it.

If you have been on diet since February and you've had hair loss for 4 days that does not seem very likely to me. I do sometimes have an upswing in reports of hair loss after Ramadan if you were taking part in that.

Thyroid issues are also a cause of sudden hair loss and that can be something that needs to be checked out. NONE of the "normal" causes of hair loss (diet, hormones) would cause your hair to be falling out in clumps all of a sudden over a 4 day period. I think it's worthy of some concern and if it keeps up I'd have it checked.

99 times out of 100 when people report hair loss it's not diet, it's either thyroid or that they've had a change in hormones, but given the sudden onset of this I do think it's worth consulting with a doctor about.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks onebigwish thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanbrunt View Post
    No, it can't. the LE Diet done properly cannot and will not cause hair loss for people. Only a starvation diet for a long period can cause SOME hair loss and it would not be of a sudden onset like is being described.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom25boys View Post
    I'm not using clomid or fem, just LE diet. My hair has been falling out as well. I usually get clumps in my hands while rubbing shampoo in. I haven't had that since the birth of my last child almost 3 years ago.

LE Diet will not be causing clumps of hair to fall out of your head. Have you recently come off birth control pills, stopped breastfeeding, or had your first postpartum AF??

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard that just like animals (anyone who had horses is very familiar with this!) shed their winter coats in spring/summer, so do humans, just to a lesser extent. So it's normal for women to lose more hair in the summer.

I took Clomid and it did not make my hair fall out. I think it is possible that you lose more hair in the follicular phase than in the luteal phase, because I think it's the progesterone that postpones hair falling out.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes onebigwish liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, any medication that causes changes in hormone levels can cause hair loss. At any time (after childbirth, coming off BCP, after a loss, stopping breastfeeding) there can be some hair loss. It's not actual hair loss most of the time, it is more that a lot of normal hairs were not falling out for hormonal reasons and then they all decide to fall out at once, which can seem really shocking if you're not expecting it.

If you have been on diet since February and you've had hair loss for 4 days that does not seem very likely to me. I do sometimes have an upswing in reports of hair loss after Ramadan if you were taking part in that.

Thyroid issues are also a cause of sudden hair loss and that can be something that needs to be checked out. NONE of the "normal" causes of hair loss (diet, hormones) would cause your hair to be falling out in clumps all of a sudden over a 4 day period. I think it's worthy of some concern and if it keeps up I'd have it checked.

99 times out of 100 when people report hair loss it's not diet, it's either thyroid or that they've had a change in hormones, but given the sudden onset of this I do think it's worth consulting with a doctor about.
    Yes i did take part of the ramadan. My thyroid was checked three times and is al ok. I think it’s the femara then because it also caused me hemorrhoids which i never had.

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012

Due Date 23.08.2021

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Sorry, I used the wrong terminology. Not clumps. It started about two weeks into my diet. My hair was super strong and not falling out in the shower. Now I'm getting probably 10 hairs every time I run my fingers through while showering. And I run them through several times. My thyroid is fine and hormones fine as well. Only change is diet and exercise. I'm not concerned as I saw it happened soon after dieting and I'm hoping not to be on this diet long term. I'm not concerned but it is happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast