Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Worried about my attempt - was it too boy friendly?

I am so stressed about this! Would you be content or worried if this was your situation?

My attempt was 11/26 Saturday morning at 9:30am and I think ov'd that day. We were staying with my parents and opportunity was a a major issue - I think if we had waited till later in the day we might not have been able to at all. My H did FR from at least Friday 11/18 to Friday 11/25 with a couple days of 2 releases in one day - he for sure released twice on 11/25 which was when I got my LH surge, so his last release before our attempt was about 12 hrs. We used sylk only, no replens because I thought it might be too strong and now I wish I had. We both took hot showers immediately before. He actually went running outside for awhile before and stopped to get green tea at starbucks (is this bad - caffeine? I didn't know he did that until later). I did not have EWCM (rarely do really) and I didn't check my ph because it doesn't change color so its either a 5 or too few ions. As usual, I had taken 2 benedryl at night to help with allergies and sleep, plus I took zrytec on Friday and 2 sudafeds the night before and again about an hour before the attempt. But I am still concerned his T was high - would you be? That and I ate turkey and then chicken as part of my meals the previous two days so I'm worried I had too much protein.

FWIW, my weight is on the lower end of normal and I've been trying to have my snack after 12pm and I eat only 1 meal a day plus drink regular sugary sodas (picky eater). I've been takings supps: 950-1200 cal, sometimes 250 mag, plus 500-1000 vit C, 1200 folic acid. My H is super healthy, lean (no big muscles, not fat, I would guess his T is lowish) and he drinks red wine every night w/ dark choc (for antioxidents) so I hope his habits help us - his ph was in the 7s.

Disclaimer - I haven't had any children yet so I don't know which gender I would have naturally without swaying. I really really want a girl and if we get her we will be done. I don't even know what I would do with a boy (terrible I know).

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what's blue about that? looks like a fantastic sway!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking our ph (not enough control), timing (too close to O), and T levels (morning) could lean blue - ugh I am such a crazy worrier, do it all the time about things I have little to no control over! Yikes, my T levels must be super high.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of us never did a thing with our first so you've done far more than most first time moms! Good luck.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and if it's a boy you'll look at his sweet little face and wonder how lucky you were to get to be his momma one day. Promise.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you did a good girl sway. Here is a tonn of pink dust for you

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its so normal to stress over swaying, once i fell pregnant, i was doing the same thing, what if this, what if that, at the end of the day i really believe we are all just meant to get what we are suppose to, just my opinion.

I hope you do get your girl.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That seems all girl to me! And like someone else said, you would figure out what to do with a boy for sure! I have two and they are great!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CapricornAquarius View Post
    Its so normal to stress over swaying, once i fell pregnant, i was doing the same thing, what if this, what if that, at the end of the day i really believe we are all just meant to get what we are suppose to, just my opinion.

I hope you do get your girl.
    I agree.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks plenty pink to me! In fact, I would be surprised if you even conceive (not trying to scare you, but to put your mind at ease.)

If you're worried about timing, the best studies indicate more GIRLS conceived on O day, not more boys!!! (basically still 50-50 and I do not think timing sways either way.)

I've seen a lot of successes with Sylk.

The running outside before, will help.

I don't put much stock into the caffeine thing. It can make sperm swim faster for awhile, but we really don't have any way to know if that translates into any changes in gender ratio. All the guys at my husband's work who suck on energy drinks all day long have TONS of girls.

Taking Zyrtec, Benadryl, AND Sudafed - NO EWCM. That is no surprise. Jsut for future reference, I really really do not like Sudafed and I would rather you didn't use it next time.

The way your diet is, is very girl friendly to begin with. Most moms of girls do eat some meat now and then - it's your diet overall that counts and not what you did or didn't do on any one day.

PLEASE don't worry about having a boy - I promise you that everyone who I have seen come and go on these boards in 4 years, they ALL fell in love with their baby regardless of gender, and regardless of how extreme their GD was.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ