Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im not really following your question but yes I believe one attempt is substantially better than frequency. We had several years there where one attempt was 75%. It's not 75% now, it's fallen to be more in line with the overall success rate of the site (about 70% ish) but I believe that is in no small part due to the fact that now people have heard one attempt works and so do one attempt without diet and exercise. I regularly get people on here who want to try in a week and haven't done anythign and I just have them do one attempt. It can really skew the results, and since I believe our earlier results were much more clear and reliable, I keep those in the back of my mind and still trust in one attempt over everythign but diet, exercise, and Clomid.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic! It seems neither fr or abstain are a great choice. My dh researched it and it seems abstain does lower sperm count but also quality, especially after 10 days. And fr only lowers sperm count significantly after 14 days but then motility dramatically increases as well. He did, however, find a study that had men abstain 3-4 days then release, wait 2 hrs and release again then repeat 2 more times. So 4x in 8 hrs. I attached the chart from the results of the study. But even 3x in 2hrs dramatically reduces sperm count but definitely the 4th time is lowest but ultimately I think dh can only do the 2x, maybe the 3x in 6hrs but doubt it. We will be trying this again I think even tho I don't bank on any of these things which is why I am still doing diet, one attempt, and rephresh every 3 days (really clumps up cm).

Screenshot_20181020-090838.jpg
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016
    💗Prayed then swayed GIRL due with my 🌈July 2019💗 IT'S A GIRL!!💕

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm I feel like I answered this already.

The thing is, you can find studies that say all sorts of things. The idea that lower sperm numbers sways pink is a totally unproven theory anyway so we cannot get too wedded to the idea of lowering sperm numbers to sway pink becuase it very well may not even work that way.

What we KNOW based on our results is that regardess of anything a study says, in the lands of practical application people are not getting pregnant with abstain/FR/CFR and worse, many guys ran out of steam and could not a) complete the FR/CFR anyway (leading them to end up skipping releases and ending up in the dreaded every other day pattern which may be blue friendly) b)could not perform for the attempt (so they went to all the effort of doing all these releases only to be unable to do the attempt, in which case you'd miss the month!) c)people were not even conceiving that way anyway (so there were not enough sperm to get it done with one attempt even if a study says there "should" be) and d) it was so stressful that the husbands rebelled and wouldn't continue doing it, and in several instances actually revolted to such extent that they refused to TTC at all and finally e) all this ends up requiring so much micromanaging and controlfreakishness on our, the women's parts anyway, it probably undermines our sway way more than it would even help, if it did help, which it probably doesn't.

YOu guys put SO much time and energy and worry into the frequency. I wish you wouldn't. I don't think they help at all, lower chances of conception, and add huge amounts of stress that undermine sways. Please just pick something (even if you have to put options into a hat and draw one) and go with it because frequency does not seem to work at all.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, I took an opk at 2 today and it was blazing! Does that mean I didn't o today? Or just haven't yet..? I know people get pregnant with 2 day cut off all the time but it worried me bc I had no cm...Very little watery stuff and pH was a 4.5! I thought about it bc I always have a ton of cm and I have been on claritin for almost 2 weeks bc of allergies and to help me sleep from an itchy throat I took benadryl Wednesday night (which I guess was the cause of my really low bbt yesterday). I guess that all dried me up! I hadn't even thought of it. So a 2 day cut off kind of worries me. Is it possible to O today still? Or that I already have?
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to clarify, I had a +opk yesterday and we made our attempt. Here is yesterday's on top and today's on bottom 20181025_125831.jpg
    20181026_160554.jpg
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The rate at which your OPK go negative don't tell you when you've ovulated. You can have a positive OPK and have already ovulated, or a negative one and still be yet to O. All the OPK tell us is about the surge, and then the surge is like a message our bodies send to ourselves saying "ok when you have a chance, now's a good time to ovulate"

Claritin and Benadryl can both dry up CM. You can still conceive, though.

I would stick with the attempt you've had for now, but you may want to start with e4d in case of delayed O. So in another couple days you'd have another attempt.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic. So my temp went up but not great. It's only 97.47 which is more of a pre-o temp for me. Idk what's going on. Sucks too bc I work tonight and so my temps on Mondays are usually unreliable anyway. Maybe I didn't ever o? I have been have one-sided breast pain and I was looking up stuff in Dr Google lol and I saw women can have this around o and its linked to low progesterone. Which could explain the low temps and can even cause you not to ovulate as well. I guess I will just have to see what happens Tues and Wednesday this week but I want to know now! �� I had pain around my ovary, ewcm (not much tho), and positive opks. So it would appear I ovulated but my temps are confusing me. And last night I didn't have a cough drop in my mouth either so it should be higher I would assume. Here's my chart Screenshot_20181028-145715.jpg
    Last edited by RaisingGentlemen3; October 28th, 2018 at 04:58 PM.
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not looking ovulatory yet, but we'll need the next couple days to tell us if it's happened or not.

Lots of people have one sided breast pain. I have it regularly and I've never had a short LP or low prog in my life.

Low progesterone does not prevent ovulation. You are supposed to have low progesterone before ovuation. You are also supposed to have low temps before ovulation. So if you haven't ovulated yet, then it is normal for your progesterone and temps to be low.

What I want you to do now is just start having unprotected sex every 4 days. Keep temping if you want to see what happens. I don't think the symptom spotting is benefiting you in any way now because ovulation can be like a watched pot sometimes - the more you think about it happening, your body senses this kind of low level stress that can delay ovulation.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey atomic, ff has me ovulating on Saturday so a 2 day cutoff. Not excited about that but it is what it is. We did diet, hurry up fr (and we dtd protected the night before attempt), no sylk, no cm at all and pH was 4.5 or less. Coffee, fiber, folate. I'm having lots of pelvic discomfort like ovary/uterine pain I imagine is fluid from ovulating irritating everything.
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast