Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help?!? TTC pink

So I've been using rephresh, altering my diet (low everything), went from a size 8 to a size 4 in a month from that thing! LOL!

Well, ok here's the nitty gritty:

2 days ago BD'd. Vinegar douche before BD, ph was around 4.5. Afterwards, I used about half of an applicator of rephresh....and I've kept my PH down to around 4.5 ever since. I've been checking it about 3X per day.

Supplements are: folic acid and cranberry tablets and as mentioned before low everything.

I think I'm probably getting pretty close to "o" because my side is a little sore today and I have TONS Of mucus (tmi). I keep checking it and the ph remains low (4.5-5ish) and I'm continuing to monitor it. My question is this: DH and I have been TTC for a couple of months now with no luck dtd 2-3 days prior to ovulation. I'd like to get in a little closer to ovulation, but all this CM is scaring me. I can do an OPK tonight to see how close to "o" I am, but I was trying to avoid that this month because I've been so adamant about dtd 2-3 days before with no results. Should I be worried about all the CM if the PH is acidic? Should I just hold off and wait till next month and start over? Since I've lost so much weight, I've been a little more lenient on the diet over the past few days, although I've continued with the diet drinks (aspertame). Does the diet even matter if your ph remains acidic?

The time is probably drawing near that we'd need to get going if we wanted to try for this month, but I've always heard the more CM, the more it sways blue. The CM is NOT stretchy....there's a lot of it, but it's very watery and acidic.

Thoughts?
    Started with:

and FINALLY
    and then:
    swayed for our little caboose:
    and God sent a little surprise.....
    arriving December 2014
    and our family is COMPLETE! **I think**

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    diet sways in other ways than just pH

If the pH of your CM is that low AND if you use RepHresh I wouldn't have any qualms at all with DTD nearer to OV, if not on OV day itself too. I don't know your height, but I guess if you're not already underweight you will be soon and it's not healthy to stay that way, in fact you might stop ovulating if you lose too much weight...
    I believe that timing doesn't matter so will personally be DTD on OV day too because I don't have much weight to lose either and want a fast BFP

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you taking an antihistimine to dry up CM? I actually get less CM by the time I O and the most around 3-5 days beforehand. Do you know what pattern yours follows?

If I were you, I would take the antihistimines, continue with the Rephresh, make sure you've done what you can to lower DH's sperm count and then not worry about timing (in terms of how close you DTD to ovulation). I found out today that we're having a girl and we DTD on O day. Also, my DH has incredibly high pH!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could wash the excess cm out before dtd if the amount of it is worrying you.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The vinegar could by killing all the spermies, it's pretty harsh stuff. Coupled with a 3 day cut off I am not surprised you didn't fall pg.

I would not be worried about the amount if CM if it's not stretchy and has a low pH. You can also take Zyrtec or Benadryl or Sudafed (NOT PE) to dry up that CM. Also, timing is least important so if you want to fall pg quickly just BD closer to O. My DS was an almost 5 day cut off so I don't worry about timing, lol.

Lastly, you might want to try baby aspirin instead of cranberry. It does the same thing without adding all the nutrients (which sways blue) and there is no risk of m/c like some believe can happen with cranberry taken in the 2WW. I think the cranberry was giving me more CM, when I stopped it and started baby aspirin, I had less CM--that's just how my body reacted, anyway.

The LE iet does more than lower pH, it also tricks your body into thinking times are hard and keeps your glucose low, both things that help with girl conceptions. So you want to get pg quickly since you've lost a lot of weight and if you lose too much you may stop Oing altogether.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Straight answer - we don't know. There seem to be quite a few pH opposites and also quite a few CM opposites as well.

Diet matters for a LOT of other reasons far more proven than pH.

Watery CM is still considered fertile even if it doesn't stretch.

Can you take an antihistamine to dry up some of the CM?? You can take BOTH Zyrtec and Benadryl together if one of them alone is not cutting the mustard.

I personally put zero stock into timing at all whatsoever and I think you should BD closer to O and hopefully the antihistamine will help you dry up the CM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also agree 110% with all the other posters - I "liked" everyone's posts BTW, some of them didn't work. Maybe I did too many in a row?? Anyway you gals are AWESOME.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all so much for the replies! I changed my sways just a little bit.... I'm learning so much! haha!
    Started with:

and FINALLY
    and then:
    swayed for our little caboose:
    and God sent a little surprise.....
    arriving December 2014
    and our family is COMPLETE! **I think**