Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotting question

So I came off birth control pills on 7/27, got a withdrawal bleed/period 7/31. Got my next actual period August 30th so a 30 day cycle but I spotted mostly brown with some red for about a week before I got my actual flow. Last period was 10/2 so a 33 day cycle which I spotted for 6 days before it turned into full flow. got a positive opk CD14 and started spotting red/brown today CD24 which will probably continue until I get my full flow. I never spotted before going on the pill and rarely spotted while being on it. The spotting is so minimal that it doesn’t even fill a panty liner all day and is mostly just there when I wipe. I’m starting to get worried because if I don’t get a positive in the next couple days which I doubt I will because of the spotting it’ll be month #4 ttc baby #1. All I’m taking is a probiotic and natures made prenatal with DHA. Could it possibly be the DHA causing the spotting or my cycle still regulating after the pill? Or could this just be my new normal? Can this prevent pregnancy? Sorry for the novel!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The dose of DHA in the Nature Made is pretty low and unlikely to cause issues.

For some people it takes as much as 6 months for things to go back to normal after being on the pill.

That level of spotting is not enough to prevent pregnancy - I know it's disconcerting but I would just keep trying to conceive.

If you aren't already I would have you eating a serving of full fat dairy every day, and 6 eggs a week.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The dose of DHA in the Nature Made is pretty low and unlikely to cause issues.

For some people it takes as much as 6 months for things to go back to normal after being on the pill.

That level of spotting is not enough to prevent pregnancy - I know it's disconcerting but I would just keep trying to conceive.

If you aren't already I would have you eating a serving of full fat dairy every day, and 6 eggs a week.
    Okay that makes me feel better, I’m already drinking two cups of full fat milk a day along with some yoghurt. I definitely could up it on the eggs though. Also one more question do you think temping is something that’s worth it or does it just cause more stress? I kind of wanted to try it but I’ll probably just end up obsessing over it and it’ll cause more stress lol.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh great!! That fat in dairy and eggs really goes a long way to fixing that kind of thing.

I personally don't recommend temping except for those who already do it. I do think it adds a lot of stress for people. But it's up to you, if you want to give it a try it would definitely give us some more info about what is going on.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh great!! That fat in dairy and eggs really goes a long way to fixing that kind of thing.

I personally don't recommend temping except for those who already do it. I do think it adds a lot of stress for people. But it's up to you, if you want to give it a try it would definitely give us some more info about what is going on.
    Hopefully adding the eggs will do the trick since I haven’t been eating any. I’ve always been on the thin side since a child and now at 21 I’m still thin with a fast metabolism. But I have managed to gain 6-7 pounds since doing the HE diet. I’m hoping it’s just my body still regulating since I never had spotting before the pill and it’s so light and mostly old brown blood. I would assume I’m ovulating since I’m still getting a period regularly. If it doesn’t stop by the 6th month of being off the pill would you recommend seeing a doctor?

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I would see a doctor at that point. Many times they can put you on the pill for a month or give you progesterone supplements and those things will act as a reset and get things working properly again.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I would see a doctor at that point. Many times they can put you on the pill for a month or give you progesterone supplements and those things will act as a reset and get things working properly again.
    Okay, I do have one more question I think I’m going to switch to the natures made prenatal without DHA just to be safe. It has all the same levels just without the DHA. Is it safe to just switch over or do I need to wean off? Is DHA even something that’s totally necessary?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it has all the same things in the same amounts then it is generally ok to drop one and switch to the other but because it has the DHA I'd either wean or else pick up a DHA supp in equal amounts. It's not totally necessary but may help a little.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it has all the same things in the same amounts then it is generally ok to drop one and switch to the other but because it has the DHA I'd either wean or else pick up a DHA supp in equal amounts. It's not totally necessary but may help a little.
    Okay, I’ll probably just stick to the one I’m on if the DHA is unlikely to cause spotting. My period arrived today so into month #4 it’s just really stressful and overwhelming with the spotting it’s making me feel like somethings wrong. Of course I googled it and it indicated it could be low progesterone. But I’m sure stressing over it isn’t going to help. If I don’t count the spotting then I seem to have a long enough LP at least.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    High amounts of DHA can but the amount in your supplement is really not that high and I have not seen people get spotting on that amount. Anything is possible so if you want to try dropping it that is fine, just wean off it though rather than dropping it suddenly.

Coming off the pill creates weirdness. That's just a thing that happens sometimes. As long as your LP is normal (other than the spotting) I would not worry yet, since it's only been a couple cycles and the spotting is quite light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast