Thread: Tummy troubles

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tummy troubles

Hi everyone. Have recently come across this site and think it is fantastic! I have been on the LE diet for about 4 weeks now, am doing it quite strictly but drinking quite a bit of diet coke to keep me sane! I am taking baby aspirin, saw palmetto and vitex daily and my DH is taking liquorice root and cranberry supps. I am planning on trying mid january. For the past three evenings I have had quite a bad upset tummy the same time each evening. Has this happened to anyone else? Sorry tmi I know! I have lost 3kg quite quickly and gone down to 57kg (I am 175cm) normally a real foodie and think my body may be taking the lack of real food quite badly! Can anyone offer me any advice as I don't want to mess my body up completely! Thanks. X

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    caff free diet coke is great for the LE diet in my opinion, keeps you from snacking, has aspertame, and that sways pink and no calories or fat or protein, drink away! i think you're only supposed to take SP from AF-O, if I recall correctly, Vitex is fine all the time until you start your attempt, then it should also be AF-O only. Licorice root also needs to be taken AF-O and only during the months of your attempt, it is not well studied and DH should only be on it as short a time as necessary. The diet, if started suddenly, can be a real shock to the system, But you being on it 4 weeks should have adapted by now. You might try tums. When you say "lack of food" how much food are you eating? Should be around 1500-1800 calories, and you can still eat rather healthy things like rice, bread, cucumber, green beans, strawberries, etc.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your reply. Am eating all the things I am supposed to but no where near what I normally eat. I am now thinking of putting my sway back a couple of months as am going skiing in January and don't think that will help my sway. Will keep doing the diet up until late February and then maybe try then. Wish I had never started now, feel like I could get obsessed!!! My dh is away at the mo so who know what he is eating or drinking! Xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

The pattern of your upset stomach makes me think it's some THING you're eating and not the diet itself. If anything, people are getting constipated on the LE Diet. Sugar free gum is notorious for causing stomach upset as is anything containing Xylitol, Mannitol, any of the artificial sweeteners ending in -ol.

If you're losing weight too quickly, you have the option to drop the diet soda and add in full sugar soda (or any of the 100-300 cal snack ideas in the LE Diet stuff in the Dream Members section).

What is your caloric intake otherwise?? ARe you keeping to the 1500-1800 cals??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply. Am eating all the things I am supposed to but no where near what I normally eat. I am now thinking of putting my sway back a couple of months as am going skiing in January and don't think that will help my sway. Will keep doing the diet up until late February and then maybe try then. Wish I had never started now, feel like I could get obsessed!!! My dh is away at the mo so who know what he is eating or drinking! Xxx
    well, but if you're losing too much weight, the worst thing you can do is postpone your sway. What would you think of doing a very strict sway attempt this month (so do one attempt, cutoff, with jellies, antihistamine, etc) that would drastically limit your odds of conceiving, but if you did you could feel good about having a pretty indepth sway. Then if you didn't fall pg this month, you could have at least had your attempt and onto the next month.

Oh and BTW don't worry about what DH is eating, nutrients matter primarily for DW and not so much for DH.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, thanks so much for your advice, think I will try this month. It took me three months to conceive each of my boys so it probably wont happen until march anyway! At least I will feel like I am on my way though! I did quite well at Christmas although went a bit mad on the chocs and sweets! At my MILs tomorrow for four days and she will watch what I am eating like a hawk so think that will be my downfall!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again, just saw your first reply as well atomic! I am eating on average about 1500 cals. I definitely think my tummy was the gum, stopped chewing it and been ok since! I haven't lost anymore weight so think i just panicked a bit! Off to do some gentle yoga to stop me stressing before my stay at the in-laws!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that's great Calamity, glad it was an easy fix! Good luck!!