Thread: +OPK after O?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

+OPK after O?

I could have sworn I O'd last night. After almost a week of EWCM and SHOW cervix, it started to get firmer, and the cm turned creamier. This morning my temp was up when I took it an hour earlier than usual, though when I took it a couple of other times before waking up, it was lower.

But then today I took an OPK, and it is glaringly positive. It *might* even be more positive than the one I got yesterday morning, though it's hard to tell because that one is dry now and might have faded a bit. My cervix is firm, relatively low, and mostly closed today, and my cm is white and creamy - though it's a tiny bit stretchy and is abundant.

Is it possible I didn't O after all? Is it normal to get a +OPK at 1dpo? I wish I hadn't run out of digis - I hate interpreting these lines....

We didn't dtd last night, but now I'm panicking wondering if we should tonight. Maybe I should ask dh to release then use the second batch to dtd? I was really hoping we were done with all this BD - he's getting really grumpy with me for making constant demands.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well your temp rising is a good indecation that you did O when you thought you did. The OPK you did yesterday morning was positive (you think) so you would have ovulated sometime after then, you can still get +opks after O. Cervix closing up means it has happened too.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually O either the second day of my +opks (I get a + for 24hrs) or the day after, when the -opks start. I think it is totally possible to have already O'ed before the tests turn negative. As for BD, I don't know what the girl sway protocol is, but might you be in a good spot for O+12? Just wondering. Maybe a BD tonight wouldn't hurt!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With the line OPKs I have gotten positives for 4 days the last few cycles and each time I ovulated the day of the 1st positive so I would say it is definitely possible you ovulated yesterday.
    Jamie
    Mama to
    Nathaniel (Nate or Nathan) (03/26/08) Logan (06/12/10) and BFP on 12/28/2011 after using swaying techniques from Gender Dreaming leading to Emma (09/06/2012)
    BFP on 7/13/14 Due 3/28/15 hoping for another

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I often still get a pos OPK after OV sometimes too

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All a pos opk tells you is whether or not you have LH in your system. Sometimes your body releases a little blurp of it at otehr times, not right when you Oed.

Your chart looks to me like you Oed but can't tell for sure until another day or two goes by.

Personally, to be on the safe side I would have attempted again but if you couldn't, it's most likely that you already Oed anyway and you can get pg from BD several days before O anyway. Good luck!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ