Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Putting together my girl sway

Hi everybody! Potential pink swayer here!
    Just very briefly my story. Here is a mom of 2 sweet boys aged 3yo and 8 months. I am 34 atm and dh is 36!
    My dream from the very beginning was to have a girl and I was so very convinced of it with DS2. Obviously, to know he was a boy instead, crushed me and was depressed all my pg and after I experienced some ppd too. Very sad.
    Anyway... I am still on maternity leave so I have plenty of time to get information about swaying tactics, even if I am not sure about when or if I will be willing to try again.

I would like to share with you ladies my sway, and I would love love love to hear your opinions and/or suggestions.
    My idea was like keep it simplier as possible and do the opposite of what I did with my 2 sons.

Here it is:

- dieting : LE diet. I was dieting too with DS2 but my low cal diet was high in proteins and dairies. Plus I added cal/mag. I am going to drop any supp and keep dairies intake very very low...favouring carbs instead (which I never really ate much in my life).
    Or maybe I'll go veg.

- exercise: not sure if I will have time to exercise 6 or 7 days... atm I am doing barely nothing (ds2 drains me) but in the future maybe I will be starting again. In case... sounds good 50/60 mins of light running/fast walking on the tapis roulant or cyclette at home?

- ph: atm I have 5 to 6ish PH and I am thinking about using Rephresh to keep it low. Not sure when I should use it tho, nor for how much time

- timing: I know timing is the least important factor... but atm I dont feel comfortable to attempt close to O. My 2 sons were conceived like this... so for at least some attempt I would try to stick to a 2 days cut off? Would you recommend it even if I tried it in the past for like 6-7 cycles without falling pg? I am scared, really scared to BD close to O...

- alcohol and caffeine: yes they are already part of my lifestyle so I want to keep them. I could never be able to drop caffeine because its my fuel and I still want to go out and have an aperitivo or some wine at dinner!

- Dh is 36 now... might be around his 40ies if we try again. Would you recommend something? I would like him to jump on a bike to loose those 5 extra kilos and to maintain this habit cuz I read it sways pink. He loves riding the bike anyway, he's just lazy, lol! He uses to drink beer and he has it quite daily. Is this pink friendly too? He is like me a coffee drinker. He has on average 2-3 coffee a day. I tested his ph once for fun and it was really high around 8 or 9... would you recommend anything to lower it? Maybe Le Diet for him too... or supps? Warning: He suffers from high pressure some times. He is very manly, tall and muscle, competitive type in his Youth he was a basket ball player. Now he is more relaxed but still his testosterone runs wild when he is pushed into competition! Lol. I defo think he needs to lower his T!

- hot bath for both before attempt. Worth a try?

- lube: if I already use Rephresh for i.e. to keep the ph around 5, is it too much to use also Sylk during intercourse? I am lil confused about! And if not..how should I use it?

J&D/Set: still wondering. It didn't work with DS2, would you recommend it anyway? And also with a 2 days cut off?

Supps: nothing but folic acid. Maybe some supp for DH, like cran to fix ph?

Am I leaving some other successful tactic behind? Please advise!❤
    I do think the key for me to have a decent attempt will be diet and try to push also DH on a "pinkish" direction. Am I right? He is super on board to do what it takes cuz he'd love a girl! Lol
    I will verify if I have some PCOS, but since my OB never mentioned it I don't think so.
    Atomic, do you think I should stick to PCOS LE Diet regardless? (For that "hair issue" I mentioned in another post...).
    If you made it this far and want to help, thank you very much!💕

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again!

I'm just going to mention anything that jumps out at me, let me know if I miss anything.

1) You don't need to keep dairy intake super low, just within limits.

2)Exercise - we've had good results with as little as 4 days a week. Walking is fine, does not need to be running. I suggest 60 minutes if at all possible for best results.

3)RepHresh has not seemed to matter but if you'd like to use it, I have the directions in this thread:

4)You can always start off trying cutoff, just be sure you drop it before you add attempts.

5)That's great since alcohol and coffee both sway pink!

6)For hubby, jogging, biking, and smoking have been proven to sway in studies. We suspect but haven't proven that olive leaf extract and soy milk also sway for him. He does not need to do the full LE Diet (and in fact shouldn't because the amount of cals, protein, and fat are for women not men) but if he wanted to give up red meat, all meat, cut back on eggs, full fat dairy, or even go vegetarian or vegan that will only help.

7)Most high pH in men is caused by the last food they ate or drank so testing once doesn't tell you anything reliable. It doesn't indicate anything about his abitiy to make boys or girls. Rarely, an infection can cause high pH.

8)Hot bath at your discretion, I doubt it does much, most people try to start with it. Just drop it before adding attempts.

9)Many people use both RepHresh and Sylk. They do really cut odds of conception especially together, and don't seem to work in our results but yes it's fine to use the REpHresh in an ongoing fashion and then the Sylk with attempt.

10)J and D actually did seem to add a little something in our results. Personally I'd drop the cutoff and keep the J and D LOL but I understand you have to do what you feel most comfortable with.

11)I would give DH olive leaf and not cranberry.

12)Diet (plus fiber, coffee, alcohol), exercise, one attempt, Clomid or Femara if you can get them are most important. for Dh, jogging/biking, smoking if he's willing, and possibly OLE and soymilk are most proven. Much of the other stuff is more window dressing as we say - things that look fancy but don't do anything.

And finally - the PCOS-type diet is not just for those wiht PCOS - many people do get good results on it. I would likely have everyone try to switch over to it but it makes people lose huge amounts of weight if they don't have insulin resistance, and it's more expensive/harder to stick to. So if you think you could benefit from it, I think it's a great idea, but for those who don't need it, stick with standard, particularly if you are thin to start with.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks ForeverRestless thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    12)Diet (plus fiber, coffee, alcohol), exercise, one attempt, Clomid or Femara if you can get them are most important. for Dh, jogging/biking, smoking if he's willing, and possibly OLE and soymilk are most proven. Much of the other stuff is more window dressing as we say - things that look fancy but don't do anything.
    Hi Atomic! Thank you heaps!
    For the Clomid part. I read that Clomid sways pink a lot but you need to get pg asap so you can drop it after few months. How do you girls get it without recipe from your OB? I dont think I can get it easily at the pharmacy as its not a counter medication.
    My OB surely is not going to put me on Clomid and Idk what to say for have him ordering me this med (I am not surely going to mention that its for swaying girl, Lol!)
    I would really like to put it in the mix!!
    And... for the J&D part. I know what you mean!! But maybe having Clomid that strongly sways girl and J&D to lower the sperm count can be a good combo.
    DS2 came after 7 months of strong stress out between charting and temping and cut off. My O is almost impossible to predic so imagine the stress. Plus I was on a supposedly girl diet (high calcium and mag). I had just one attempt day before O (or so), shallow penetration, dh came almost all outside (sorry TMI), and I SET almost everything I could. Maybe it was just bad luck.
    So this will Be my second girl sway and at least diet wise and supps wise I will do the opposite. Hopefully having DH doing some sway also will increase our odds.
    I am no longer keep temping in the mix bcs it really causes me over stress and put me in dispair each time I get a BFN. I think I will just chart with opk. But since cut off seems not to work for me (too many BFN) I think I will give a go to just 1 attempt at +OPK and JnD.
    Plus all the elements you advised which are the ones that work the most.
    Thank you very much Atomic for all the great work!��
    Last edited by ForeverRestless; November 30th, 2018 at 04:39 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh! Another question. DH drinks beer on a daily basis and he appreciates good wine and spirits during lunch/dinner as well. But lets say, beer is his achilles heel for sure!
    What about it? Is beer proven to be ok for a girl sway? Or wine is preferrable?
    Thank you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRestless View Post
    Oh! Another question. DH drinks beer on a daily basis and he appreciates good wine and spirits during lunch/dinner as well. But lets say, beer is his achilles heel for sure!
    Thank you!
    My DH only was having beer before DD! And the good quality, unfiltered craft beer!

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    my DH only was having beer before DD! And the good quality, unfiltered craft beer!
    Ha! My dh owns a restaurant&brewery, go figure!lol! He has craft unfiltered beer daily! the only thing that made me wonder is that also his 2 associates have had boys and friends use to joke that there's some kind of "curse" over the brewery: everybody working there will have only boys :-/
    But it surely is just a funny coincidence!
    Last edited by ForeverRestless; November 30th, 2018 at 09:37 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can you bump this for me?? I am running out of time for today

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    Beer is fine and what my husband drank before we got our girl.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha! My dh owns a restaurant&brewery, go figure!lol! He has craft unfiltered beer daily! the only thing that made me wonder is that also his 2 associates have had boys and friends use to joke that there's some kind of "curse" over the brewery: everybody working there will have only boys :-/
    But it surely is just a funny coincidence!
    Yep. Just a coincidence or other lifestyle factors in common.

13. Likes ForeverRestless liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast