Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cranberry question

Hello!
    It might be answered already but I could not find it, so apologize in advance!
    I was taking some cranberry supps and 100%pure juice during August, September and October. Not really for ttcing, I guess I was just trying to figure out if it could manage to lower my ph.

What I noticed:
    - my O was delayed. I usually O anywhere between CD 17-19, and last 2 cycles (Sept and October) I Oed CD21-22.
    - spotting 6 days before O. Just one day of pinkish spotting
    - short LP. It dropped to 9-10 days against my regular 13-14.
    - AF heavier than usual

Can cranberry cause all this? Isnt it supposed to just lower the ph, which it actually did (from 6 to 4-5).
    Note: my cycle came back july-august from stopping breastfeeding.
    I am no longer taking it and I seem to be getting back to my usual O day, opks getting darker in these days.

Thank you for some insight/experience �� ��

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES the cranberry can absolutely, completely, and totally cause that spotting and the heavier AF. It is a blood thinner and when taken at the doses recommended for swaying, has very strong effects on the blood's ability to clot. So the lining starts sloughing off earlier and your period can be heavier as a result.

Cranberry at that level is a medication that has a chemical effect on the body. It doesn't know what it is "supposed" to do, LOL. It has risks and side effects like any medication and I have never recommended it since I started this site, because I knew from my time on Ingender that it was really messing people up, and when I started researching blood thinners I found out that cranberry could be very harmful so I did not recommend it. We have since tracked results of those who used it and found that it did nothing to help a sway anyway. So you are taking a serious risk to your and your baby's health (because the effects of the cranberry last for a while even after you stop it) for no reason. Full explanation here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...echniques.html

Even cranberry juice shoudl be avoided. We know that cranberry supps are ineffective, and juice is far too weak to do anything for a sway. You're simply adding nutrients to your diet for absolutely no benefit for your sway.

Now, I have not ever had delayed ovulation or short LP reportedly caused by cranberry. Did you start experimenting with any other supplements at the same time?? Some of the other sway supps CAN cause those side effects.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Cranberry at that level is a medication that has a chemical effect on the body. It doesn't know what it is "supposed" to do, LOL. It has risks and side effects like any medication and I have never recommended it since I started this site, because I knew from my time on Ingender that it was really messing people up, and when I started researching blood thinners I found out that cranberry could be very harmful so I did not recommend it. We have since tracked results of those who used it and found that it did nothing to help a sway anyway.
    Lol you are so right! There so much misinformation out there, I was treating it like a supplement and not like a medicine actually. Thanks for sharing the thread about the supps. I'll have a good look at it.
    Well no, I did not experimented anything else actually, so as fas as my LP and delayed O, idk . Maybe it's just the cycle adjusting from my last pregancy (stopped BF in July, delivered in April).
    I will check this cycle which apparently is going back to the normal pattern. I dropped cran, I am no longer taking it... that's why I wondered if there was any correlation between all these elements.
    Thanks for the answer!🙂

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A supplement is medicine. It's just a name for a medicine that comes from nature. At the concentrations of cranberry in cranberry supplements, it IS medicine. If you take any herbal supplement or even most vitamins, they can have harmful effects just like any medication.

Oh ok so you just had a baby in April and have been nursing till July?? That could still have an effect as you're less than a year postpartum. Have you started diet or exercise?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep! My cycle was back in August.
    No I am not dieting atm nor exercising as I am planning ttc in some year. I am just collecting information and then leave my sway aside for when I will feel ready to try again❤
    I started a thread some day ago, called 'putting together my girl sway'. I would love to read your opinion/suggestion!
    I am not in a hurry at all, so whenever you can

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Then for now let's just chalk this up to postpartum weirdness (altho I do still believe the cranberry is to blame for the spotting and heavy period and added your experience about short LP to my notes, so I remember it if more start reporting that as a side effect). Thanks for letting me know, that's why I know these things is because people tell me their experiences.

I did reply yesterday!