Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

On new medication and need help with swaying question!!!!!!

Hi all,

I normally am a highly stressed person and have finally went to the doctor to do something about it. He put me on a .5mg dose of Klonopin (clonazepam). We did discuss me TTC and the medicine and he said it would be fine to use up until the point of pregnancy as there is really not a whole lot of research of all the effects. Once I am pregnant I don't need any medicine as pregnancy actually helps my anxiety weird I know. Right now I take it almost everyday but doctor says that since it is a low dose I can also miss days here and there and take it as needed. So I plan to take it up until ovulation and then stop for a little while.

So my really question that of course the doctor didn't know is how does this type of medicine sway? For people who don't know what it is it is similar to xanax just a different form. Thanks in advance.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sways pink by lowering testosterone and raising acidity. Hope you feel better soon.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic, I was really worried that this might sway blue. I am glad to know that it can only help me.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will probably have to stop the benzodiazepines after you get pregnant. In most cases, it is not recommended to take things like clonazepam (Klonopin), alprazolam (Xanax), lorazepam (Ativan), diazepam (Valium), etc, when pregnant.

I don't know what is recommended for when a couple is TTC, but I have a friend who took Xanax up until she found out she was pregnant and gave birth to a healthy girl. She had to stop taking the Xanax and tried to deal with anxiety other ways when she found out she was pregnant.

I took clonazepam once and it was very helpful for getting anxiety under control temporarily. Good luck!
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, another old thread I keep trawling up, but does Valium sway pink?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't feel that there is a consistent level of reliable info for me to give a judgement on diazepam/Valium. There are conflicting studies both on testosterone and on blood sugar levels. As a general rule I think medication tends to sway pink, but I just can't call it with confidence on Valium, I'm sorry.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I don't feel that there is a consistent level of reliable info for me to give a judgement on diazepam/Valium. There are conflicting studies both on testosterone and on blood sugar levels. As a general rule I think medication tends to sway pink, but I just can't call it with confidence on Valium, I'm sorry.
    Hi Atomic,
    This response was 8 years ago. Is there any further research on Valium and swaying pink (or blue) yet?
    Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, very little research is done into the way various things sway for reasons I explain here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...tudies+swayers Long story short, there's a limited amount of research money and time to go around and gender ratio is VERY far down the list in terms of priorities.

I will say this, since 2012/2013 when I first replied to these questions, we have definitely seen a strong trend where moms of mostly boys are very tightly wound, anxious to the point of needing medication for it, and have tendencies towards obsessive levels of control (the term OCD is used too often and I don't want to co-opt a medical term, but those of us with all boys are often overall obsessive people who like to be in personal, hands-on control of every aspect of our lives). Moms of all girls are either more chill by their nature, or else feel like they are powerless to control anything and so just kind of go with the flow and rely on the actions of other people to see them through. We don't know why this might be, but it be, LOL.

So it may be that pink swayers who take anxiety reducing medications are helping their sway because it helps us to be less anxious. It may also be completely unrelated, and simply that pink swayers are more likely to be ON these medications to begin with and so they're already taking them when they sway. I can't know for sure based on observation alone.

9. Likes Nicole_307 liked this post