Thread: Opk question

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opk question

Hi girls! May I ask you a super silly question?
    When you track your cycle with opks... is it fair to think that when it turns negative the day after the positive, you have ovulated?
    Without temping etc..
    Thank youu!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've all but given up on opk's... I had low fertility for 5 days, then jumped straight from low to peak, then the peak smiley stayed on the screen for 48hrs, then I didn't test for 3 days, unsurprisingly got a low reading, then... surprisingly got a high reading!??

Thinking the amount of urine you have on the stick (a lot, a few drops, etc) has a significant amount to do with what kind of reading you get?

3. Likes ForeverRestless liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2 View Post
    I've all but given up on opk's... I had low fertility for 5 days, then jumped straight from low to peak, then the peak smiley stayed on the screen for 48hrs, then I didn't test for 3 days, unsurprisingly got a low reading, then... surprisingly got a high reading!??

Thinking the amount of urine you have on the stick (a lot, a few drops, etc) has a significant amount to do with what kind of reading you get?
    Could that be you oed twice?! Or maybe you went through an anovulatory cycle where your body tried couple of times to ovulate but it didn't ��
    Temping in these cases could give an helping hand if you are just charting your cycle and not ttcing (temping+charting= super high stress ... not really good to ttc pink)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually did temp the entire time (Ava bracelet) and after 3 cycles of seeing the consistent pattern of low temps>temp dip>sharp spike>high temps until period... of course when trying to sway this cycle I get 2 day temp DROPS after what I thought was the "ovulation dip before spike"

Then it spiked & rose steadily like previous cycles. Ava app gave me a "biphasic pattern recognized" notification

Praying the unusual 2 day low temps + unusual post-peak "high" OPK reading are just flukes. We're ttc a boy!! Bring on the stress & sodium

6. Likes ForeverRestless liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you dtd anyway??
    Look, in your case additional stress is good for your sway. But I understand the frustration hun, I have an unpredictable ovulation and it's a nightmare for me ttcing by using opk and temps.
    And I will sway girl...which does help at all.
    This cycle I had hard time understanding when I was supposed to O!
    I had a little bit of ewcm CD17 like my cycle was back to the normal ovulation pattern. Opk negative but the line was there like in progression, like the body was preparing to o. Then nothing (sticky cm and super negative opk).
    Then again creamy/watery cm on CD23 (!?!??!!) And positive opk finally. So I supposedly oed CD24... which is very very delayed o for me.
    Since September my cycle is weird. ������

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Forever - yep we dtd on Friday night because I thought it was my peak O day then again, kind of by accident, Sunday afternoon. Had very EWCM on Thursday afternoon through Saturday morning then it turned back to regular. Wish I would've read more of atomic's blue sway posts & dtd multiple times Saturday to give it a better shot

If it helps you, I have a pretty good idea of when we conceived DD...

May 2017: we left on a Thursday night for our honeymoon and BD that night then every day after. I was supposed to ovulate the following Tuesday. I know all this in hindsight because we weren't trying at all for a baby and I didn't even know about swaying back

Two weeks later I had a positive PT and we found out it was a girl at 11 weeks w/ blood tests

For me, BD before ovulation seemed to be a bigger factor in getting DD than BD'ing throughout ovulation (which you would assume would give you a DS). My 10 day honeymoon I was the least stressed I've ever been, and was coming off a LE diet typical of most brides before their wedding

Sorry if you've already mentioned this elsewhere, but how did you get your boys?

Pink dust to you!! xx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep! Maybe dtd few more time when you saw again ewcm wouldn't have been wrong for a blue sway. Finger crossed anyway dear! Sometimes our bodies plays trick to us, there's no way to know in advance. Are you hoping for a BFP this cycle?

For my two sons... well it seems I am always destined to bd close to O! Lol
    First time with DS1, it was just after Xmas , I was on a HE diet due to the festivity and in fact I put up 2 kilos approx. I was planning to go back to the gym but I discovered I was preggo BD wise we had attempts almost every day from 26 december on, and I believe I oed between 27 and 29... I wasnt absolutely tracking!
    With DS2 I was doing cutoff for like 6 months with no success and I ended up in July bding 1 time with J&D and SET one day before O and still had a boy.
    I was dieting like 1300-1400 cal per day but mainly dairies and proteins and I was on cal-mag supps too.
    If I will be to sway again, I will do just the opposite!!!
    Thank you you can have all my blue dust in return, of
    course!
    Last edited by ForeverRestless; December 7th, 2018 at 11:04 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. That's not how OPK work. You can still have positive OPK after ovulation or have hte OPK go negative and not have ovulated yet. The OPK do not detect ovulation, they simply detect the surge of hormone that signals your body to ovulate. Your body will still then ovulate on its own timeline regardless of whether or not the surge hormone is still in your urine.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes ForeverRestless liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2 View Post

the amount on the stick ~shouldn't~ matter as long as you get enough to register the control line. If there is enough to register the control line then it shoudl be the right concentration for the test line.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRestless View Post
    Yep! Maybe dtd few more time when you saw again ewcm wouldn't have been wrong for a blue sway. Finger crossed anyway dear! Sometimes our bodies plays trick to us, there's no way to know in advance. Are you hoping for a BFP this cycle?

For my two sons... well it seems I am always destined to bd close to O! Lol
    First time with DS1, it was just after Xmas , I was on a HE diet due to the festivity and in fact I put up 2 kilos approx. I was planning to go back to the gym but I discovered I was preggo BD wise we had attempts almost every day from 26 december on, and I believe I oed between 27 and 29... I wasnt absolutely tracking!
    With DS2 I was doing cutoff for like 6 months with no success and I ended up in July bding 1 time with J&D and SET one day before O and still had a boy.
    I was dieting like 1300-1400 cal per day but mainly dairies and proteins and I was on cal-mag supps too.
    If I will be to sway again, I will do just the opposite!!!
    Thank you you can have all my blue dust in return, of
    course!
    I know we went over this already Forever but just for others reading this, that is because BD "close to O" is literally the ONLY way human beings can get pregnant. Most babies are conceived from sex on O-1 or O-2, less often on O day and least of all on O-3. Very, very few babies are conceived out of that window. And scientists have proven that 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every one of these days.

When people have boys they think "welp it's because it was close to O" but that is the only time you can get ANY baby!!

14. Thanks ForeverRestless thanked for this post