Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe number 4?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Greydore,
    #3 opposites are so very special, and can see your DS3 is no exception !
    We are in the same boat (just other gender).
    I go through waves of « omg, 4 kids? No way! What if it’s another girl? ». Down deep, I know I am not finished’ but am oh.so.scared of dd4..,the disappointment, the comments’, that feeling of missing out on a son...(beyond the whole 4th child, « big family « , etc ttc aspect).
    And waves of being hopeful, thinking karma should be kind now, I have proven myself to be a good mummy for dd3, regardless of how upset I was initially that she wasn’t a boy (and gosh do I adore this kid!) so maybe, I’ve learnt my « lesson » and FAte should give me that last chance to have a son..surely ?! Lol bit twisted logic’, I know but eh, hanging on to what’s I can...think we’ll go team green next time, to just truly enjoy what no doubt will be a (definite for hubs) last pregnancy.
    From a logistics side, I think if you can make it work, then it’s a matter of knowing where you both stand emotionally ...
    I know I cannot give up’on 1 more baby, even if I am scared, so I know that regardless of gender’ will not regret it I am in the process’ of selling all my girly clothes and keeping only a few basic gender neutral’items, so that way all’we will need is a bit of extra things to bulk it up once baby is here. If it’s a boy, well, some things he has may be more girly, but he won’t mind lol

Hope you find the answer, though the fact you are thinking about it, probably gives you your answer
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Likes MiaMelb, 4blue2pink, sunstars liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydore View Post
    Kittendreams that must’ve been difficult. I think girl swaying is much harder (my tendencies are so opposite). I can see why you might just leave it up to chance. I haven’t tried it yet so we’ll see. Are you due in early February? My sister is 31 weeks with a boy and due February 14.
    Yes due early feb but may have my scheduled c section even earlier (late Jan) just waiting to hear from the hospital. Im exactly 32+2 today.
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww LMSM you so deserve your boy! And your logic is not twisted-you are a beautiful soul and a wonderful mummy xx
    I've got so many boy clothes to send to you and I truly hope I get to give them to you one day!
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LMSM I truly hope you get your boy! I’ve definitely done the rationalizing in my head too. My oldest wanted a sister so badly when I was pregnant with our third, that I figured the universe would have to give him a sister, right? And thinking, I have 2 boys, I should definitely have a girl this time. My pregnancy was also completely different than my first 2 so everyone was telling me it must be a girl. That can really mess with your head and makes me nervous to have another.
    due August 2021!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes Greydore!! If you both are happy to have another then go for it!! I'm really sad my pregnancy/baby days are at an end but we just could not manage another (3 bed 1 bathroom house) I would have liked another theoretically but I don't think it's an option realistically I'm hoping the sad feelings of being done go away and don't kick in worse when this little one is older ( he's only 4 months now) so if you don't feel done and don't mind having another boy then Go Go Go!!
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

7. Thanks Greydore thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you BBB! Hope you’re enjoying your little guy We had a ton of medical bills this year from baby’s birth and then he got sick at 2 months. I would love a December 2019 baby but realistically know we need a break from medical bills this next year. I also want to think on it more, because on some hard days I think omg I have too many kids! Haha.
    due August 2021!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, when they are asleep you think, awww I'd love another one. Then, when you are trying to eat dinner, and they're screaming it's - nope, I'm done lol
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

10. Likes Parying4agirl, Greydore liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Hi Greydore,
    #3 opposites are so very special, and can see your DS3 is no exception !
    We are in the same boat (just other gender).
    I go through waves of « omg, 4 kids? No way! What if it’s another girl? ». Down deep, I know I am not finished’ but am oh.so.scared of dd4..,the disappointment, the comments’, that feeling of missing out on a son...(beyond the whole 4th child, « big family « , etc ttc aspect).
    And waves of being hopeful, thinking karma should be kind now, I have proven myself to be a good mummy for dd3, regardless of how upset I was initially that she wasn’t a boy (and gosh do I adore this kid!) so maybe, I’ve learnt my « lesson » and FAte should give me that last chance to have a son..surely ?! Lol bit twisted logic’, I know but eh, hanging on to what’s I can...think we’ll go team green next time, to just truly enjoy what no doubt will be a (definite for hubs) last pregnancy.
    From a logistics side, I think if you can make it work, then it’s a matter of knowing where you both stand emotionally ...
    I know I cannot give up’on 1 more baby, even if I am scared, so I know that regardless of gender’ will not regret it I am in the process’ of selling all my girly clothes and keeping only a few basic gender neutral’items, so that way all’we will need is a bit of extra things to bulk it up once baby is here. If it’s a boy, well, some things he has may be more girly, but he won’t mind lol

Hope you find the answer, though the fact you are thinking about it, probably gives you your answer
    God LMSM this post speaks to my soul. I truely wish I find the same courage as you have. You never know perhaps we will end up swaying at the same time (I'm feeling a bit better health wise so perhaps psyching myself up for a sway April-June 2019, from memory that's a bit earlier than you're considering?). Anyway today I've been out purchasing the first present for my soon to arrive nephew so my envy is peaked today, couldn't bring myself to buy an overly boy gift so they've got something gender neutral
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    God LMSM this post speaks to my soul. I truely wish I find the same courage as you have. You never know perhaps we will end up swaying at the same time (I'm feeling a bit better health wise so perhaps psyching myself up for a sway April-June 2019, from memory that's a bit earlier than you're considering?). Anyway today I've been out purchasing the first present for my soon to arrive nephew so my envy is peaked today, couldn't bring myself to buy an overly boy gift so they've got something gender neutral
    Oh Miamelb I hear you! Christmas shopping for my nieces has been extra hard this year- I just want to finally buy some girlie stuff for my own child. I've been buying various nieces gifts for 13 years now and I'm just like argh...It's my turn!
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And it doesn't help when my sil asked for clothes/ summer pj's as gifts for her girls- little girl pj's are my weakness they are just so sweet! Meanwhile my boys wear ninja turtles and transformers pjs *sigh*
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast