Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe number 4?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe number 4?

Hi all! I was more active here during my last pregnancy, but of course I've been busy with a new baby and two little boys. My third sweet boy was born in July, and I thought I would for sure feel done having babies after he was born...but I dont. I can't tell if I truly want another child or I'm just having a hard time accepting that my pregnancy days might be over? I'm 30 so I still have a lot of time to have more if we want to. I'm on birth control and am not rushing anything. Husband is happy with 3, but doesn't want to do anything permanent yet and has said that he would be open to a 4th. My oldest son keeps asking for a sister. I would be happy with another boy, but would love to give him a sister. How have you ladies decided to have/not have a 4th? (I made a similar post when I couldn't decide if I wanted a third, and oh my goodness we adore him!)
    due August 2021!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Greydore i remember seeing you around before congratulations on your baby boy
    im not in the position of deciding weather to have #4 or having just had number 4 but i have been there (a few babies ago!!)

if either one of you was dead set against it and it would ruin your relationship or break you financially etc then that would be a different matter but if you are both open to it then id say go for it!!

i am a firm believer in "you never regret the babies you have, only the ones you dont" i've had enough elderly women (mostly total strangers) approach me when im out with my kids and tell me how they always wanted 1 more or they always wanted 4 kids but stopped at 2 or they just wanted more kids.. and the regret of not having them is still there right into their old age i am yet to meet anyone who tells me they regret having the number of kids they had and wish that they had had less.

the main thing about 4 kids is that as a family of 6 you outgrow a normal 5 seat car and in most peoples eyes enter into the territory of "large family" though you and dh still have enough hands to have 1 hand per child

good luck with whatever you decide!!
    now 6blue5pink

3. Thanks Greydore, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I say go for it ����
    Ive always wanted 4, ideally 2 boys and 2 girls not that life always pan out the way we want. After losing my first boy and having 2 more boys i still wanted another 2. Having just given birth to my girl a week ago, i would have another in a heartbeat!
    If your husband is not completed against it then its great. My husband was happy with the two boys but we went for another mainly for me, also wishing we have a daughter. I think even if it was another boy id want to have another still. Now we’ve had a girl my husband is saying thats it but i just dont feel ive completed my family yet.

To be honest i think id have more than 4 but i dont think husband would ever agree to more than 4.
    4blue2pink i love how you have a big family, that is what i would loveeee to have x
    Last edited by Parying4agirl; December 16th, 2018 at 02:08 PM.

5. Thanks 4blue2pink, Greydore thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Greydore, i would go for n.4 i wish u good luck
    7/1/2014
    2/23/2019
    Praying for one more baby girl 2020-2021

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5eaa0f

7. Thanks Greydore thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Parying4agirl View Post
    I say go for it ����
    Ive always wanted 4, ideally 2 boys and 2 girls not that life always pan out the way we want. After losing my first boy and having 2 more boys i still wanted another 2. Having just given birth to my girl a week ago, i would have another in a heartbeat!
    If your husband is not completed against it then its great. My husband was happy with the two boys but we went for another mainly for me, also wishing we have a daughter. I think even if it was another boy id want to have another still. Now we’ve had a girl my husband is saying thats it but i just dont feel ive completed my family yet.

To be honest i think id have more than 4 but i dont think husband would ever agree to more than 4.
    4blue2pink i love how you have a big family, that is what i would loveeee to have x
    thankyou i love big families, i hope your dh comes round to the idea of another one Congratulations on the arrival of your little girl and im so sorry to hear you lost your son, we lost our first daughter (second child) midway through the pregnancy, even after more babies it never leaves you does it xx
    now 6blue5pink

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m also team “Go for it!!!”

Congrats on your newest!!

Mama to 6 little Blessings. Hoping to try in 2020 for #7!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

10. Thanks Greydore thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone! It's not a decision I'm going to take lightly, and I want to make sure my husband is on board. We actually already have a van, so far seating isn't an issue. My only concern is financial - we love to travel and each child makes traveling that much more expensive. If we do decide to have another we will wait to ttc in the summer, I want to enjoy my newest baby more before adding another
    due August 2021!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydore View Post
    Hi all! I was more active here during my last pregnancy, but of course I've been busy with a new baby and two little boys. My third sweet boy was born in July, and I thought I would for sure feel done having babies after he was born...but I dont. I can't tell if I truly want another child or I'm just having a hard time accepting that my pregnancy days might be over? I'm 30 so I still have a lot of time to have more if we want to. I'm on birth control and am not rushing anything. Husband is happy with 3, but doesn't want to do anything permanent yet and has said that he would be open to a 4th. My oldest son keeps asking for a sister. I would be happy with another boy, but would love to give him a sister. How have you ladies decided to have/not have a 4th? (I made a similar post when I couldn't decide if I wanted a third, and oh my goodness we adore him!)
    We just welcomed our fourth. Our second girl after having to go through ivf after a late miscarriage last year. I love it. It is A LOT right now bc we are still transitioning into being a family of 6. I always wanted 4 though so I am happy. Everyone has a partner. Although I would have liked my girls closer in age unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey, bump this for me please! thanks!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Likes Greydore liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Greydore, have definitely seen your name pop up here and there but don't think we've really crossed paths before. I totally get where you're at. Found this site while still pregnant with DD2 imagining a future blue sway. However three years later I still haven't taken the plunge. DH (and I) had both only planned on having two kids, but given I never got the boy that I expected I'd have my heart is still struggling to give up on the idea. The financial side of things really gets me too, where we live is very $$$ and I find it hard to fatham putting any more unnecessary pressure on. I guess what I will say is that in my experience the feeling of 'not yet being done' doesn't seem to just go away (particularly if you still have some time on your side).
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

17. Thanks Greydore thanked for this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast