Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There’s another occurrence about bd pattern and gender I have noticed among some women I know.

When my sister in law was married she conceived that same month, exactly nine months later her daughter was born.

A neighbour of ours arrived here on migration visa so was finally able to live with her husband. He had not been able to visit her for several months and only stayed with her when they married overseas a year ago. After she arrived she conceived straightaway, and nine months later their daughter was born. In fact she told me that she hadn’t had her period since moving here.

Now recently my cousin was married last year in September, and just a week ago she had her baby girl.

This pattern reminds me of an essay atomic wrote discussing bd frequency and how our bodies learn to ‘recognise’ our partner’s semen and not just as ‘strangers’ (worded something like this!). In one-attempt bd or few attempts where the couples are bd for the first time(or without barrier contraceptions), most often they have girls. And with my neighbour she eats a HE diet, frequent eating and lots of full cream milk, but their frequency pattern led to their daughter being born. However I also saw a box of vitex at her place so there are definitely more factors to consider!
    Last edited by hurrem; June 12th, 2019 at 10:17 PM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I too have seen that a LOT. A LOT. Both IRL and we have a good number of couples who are separated for work or because they are or were emigrating and I feel they have disproportionate numbers of girls.

But that having been said at least one study seemed to find that when men were home from war and just after wars, they had a lot of boys! So I do think there's more than one thing coming into play.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes hurrem liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s fascinating that you have also noticed the same thing! Even I was conceived just a month after my parent’s wedding, however my mum was eating LE diet at the time(and she still does, just the other day she had not eaten all day except morning, and felt weak/had low sugar by evening. Meanwhile I had gorged an entire pizza and snacked all day).

These are all my speculations, but I wish we could openly ask about someone’s diet/lifestyle pre-pregnancy without looking weird lol.
    Why are there more chances for a girl being conceived in this situation though? But as you said despite this more boys are born after husbands come home from war!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrem View Post
    It’s fascinating that you have also noticed the same thing! Even I was conceived just a month after my parent’s wedding, however my mum was eating LE diet at the time(and she still does, just the other day she had not eaten all day except morning, and felt weak/had low sugar by evening. Meanwhile I had gorged an entire pizza and snacked all day).

These are all my speculations, but I wish we could openly ask about someone’s diet/lifestyle pre-pregnancy without looking weird lol.
    Why are there more chances for a girl being conceived in this situation though? But as you said despite this more boys are born after husbands come home from war!
    I know! I want to ask people all the time about their eating habits. I try to without it being obvious. I have a friend who is pregnant and finds out what it is in two weeks. When she conceived she was giving up sweets for lent. BUT to make up for it she was drinking flavored water with a crap load of fake sugar. So I’m curious to see what she has.

8. Thanks hurrem thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamblue View Post
    I know! I want to ask people all the time about their eating habits. I try to without it being obvious. I have a friend who is pregnant and finds out what it is in two weeks. When she conceived she was giving up sweets for lent. BUT to make up for it she was drinking flavored water with a crap load of fake sugar. So I’m curious to see what she has.
    I also look at mums in public and the gender of their children, then try guessing what their habits might be. Bonus if they’re eating at food court to analyse diets, but in the end that doesn’t mean much or tell us anything reliable, best way is to just ask them! But that’s weird lol, it can work with close friends, family and colleagues though. Do let me know what your friend is having! She seems ‘girly’ but of course there are other factors to consider

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

We don't know but it is something I would really love to have lots of resources to study

12. Likes hurrem liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also look at mums in public and the gender of their children, then try guessing what their habits might be. Bonus if they’re eating at food court to analyse diets, but in the end that doesn’t mean much or tell us anything reliable, best way is to just ask them! But that’s weird lol, it can work with close friends, family and colleagues though. Do let me know what your friend is having! She seems ‘girly’ but of course there are other factors to consider
    Plus, people don't always answer honestly or even recall what they ate. So asking may not even tell us what we want to know anyway.

14. Likes hurrem liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So recently my mum was asking me about when dh and I are planning to have a baby, she said not to wait long and I answered that we will start trying soon. We then began discussing diet and fertility, and I mentioned how I’ve heard that milk is very important for fertility. My mum agreed and said she has also noticed that ladies who drink a lot of milk have boys. I was surprised as I have never mentioned swaying stuff to her! She told me that my mother in law used to drink A LOT of milk, especially late into the night. She would have a pot of milk and a big bowl of fruit every day.

There is another family friend of ours, she has 5 sons and 2 daughters. My mum said she also used to eat a lot of yogurt and paneer(cheese) everyday. Often those who consume dairy have many children, and often boys(including my grandma), as noticed by my mum. Although my mum herself has always had milk, she goes long times between meals and eats very small portions. But she did have me and my 3 siblings. My mum also mentioned that thing about having a girl straight after marriage (including me lol), she’s seen this happen with many couples. I tried explaining the hypothesis about sperm exposure to her lol. Also- my mum never knew anything about ovulation or fertile window, and she thought you can get pregnant just any time of the month!

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow that's so interesting!! Thank you so much for sharing that!

18. Likes hurrem liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12