Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Eating patterns and habits of all my female family members

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker and finally decided to create an account. Upon much research, I have found out about the eating patterns and habits of my close family and extended relatives, and the genders of the children they have. As many of them have big families with lots of children, there are a range of different trends going on, and I thought you would all find this information interesting for swaying pink or blue.
    As for myself I hope to sway blue for my first child sometime next year, and while I have read pages and pages of information on the HE diet and other blue swaying tactics in detail, I am open to any advice and suggestions that can help me prepare

Here are the patterns of my close family members:

Maternal grandma: G,B,B,B,B,G,B,G(she passed away at a young age), my grandma also had another boy who died but don’t know what order he was born in – Slim, had breakfast, lots of full-fat dairy including milk and yogurt, butter, ghee, fruits, red meat, white rice. Not much into fast food or street food snacks (there was no fast food around at the time her children were conceived). My grandma still consumes a lot of fresh full cream dairy and loves white rice, and while she was really skinny when she had all her kids, she is overweight now. My mother was her first born child.

Paternal grandma: G,G,G,G,G,B,B,B,B,B – Had been overweight most her life, my father was her third born son. I do not know of her eating habits back when she had all her children, though she had a fondness for sweets and loved red meat. Doctors told her to abstain from red meat as it was harming her health but she refused. She passed away a few years ago at the age of 93.

My mother: G,G,B,G – Slim/now average, LE eater, not a big appetite, always has breakfast, does not snack often. Eats mostly healthy foods in small portions, with little fat. Has gone through days when she ate only breakfast and then dinner late in the evening. Never eats junk food, and very minimal fast food. My mum often forgets to eat something and only remembers when she gets really hungry. She has always had issues with low blood pressure and needs to eat/drink something especially sweet foods or coke to raise it. Although my mum isn’t much of a foodie herself, she has a passion for cooking and is able to cook a variety of delicious and hearty meals for the family.
    She was skinny when she had all of us, though her weight is now average. I am her eldest child. She is a textbook "boy mum" personality and we have always clashed so much. Out of all of us siblings my mum gets along the best with my brother. My other sisters and I clash with her a lot over little things. At the same time however, my mum has also never gotten along with her mum, they clash A LOT. On the other hand, my mum was the closest with her father and they got along well (he has now also passed away). My mum does not get proper sleep most of the time.

My mother’s paternal grandma: B,B,B,B,B,B,B,B,G,B,B (there was another girl who died but don’t know what order she was born in) – Back in the day, my great grandparents home was the most well-off in the entire village. Food was aplenty, and they owned many possessions in the house which showed their wealth, including a television set when no one else owned one in the village. This was a time when people did not have many possessions and lived very simple lives. There were always a lot of food including fruit, veges, sweets, rice and flatbread. Red meat such as lamb and beef was eaten every week in their home, when most people could only afford to eat it once a month or not at all. My great grandparents also had many servants and maids for cleaning, cooking and general housework and errands. My great grandmother was renowned in the village and beyond for being very kind and charitable; she helped everyone and gave away lots of food and household items to people in need. However she also had a strong and independent personality, and while she was caring to others, she was also quite firm and strict. Her youngest son is a couple of months younger than my mum. My great grandma passed away before my parents were married.

My mother-in-law: G,B,B,G,B,G,B,B,B – .
    She used to drink TONNES of milk, every day she would drink a whole pot of milk and a big bowl of fruits, and eat late into the night before bed. She has been on medications for the past 20 years due to diabetes and other health issues, so her diet is very different now. My husband is her fourth born son.

Aunt J (Maternal): G,B,M/C,G,B – Slim/now average. Eating habits have varied throughout years, used to be a LE eater especially when she had her first daughter, though she mentioned to me she started eating a lot more after she had more kids. She doesn't skip breakfast. Her last son was born after a few years of trying for a fourth child, and she used to have low iron levels so she took medication and ate better for her health. Another interesting thing she told me was that she had taken a medicine to help her fertility when trying for her second child- who was a boy. She had this same medicine when trying for her fourth, who is also a boy. My aunt has a textbook "girl mom" personality, she’s very chill and easy going most of the time and super fun to hang out with.

My maternal uncle's wives:

Aunt K: G,G,B-G (twins) – Overweight, has always struggled with losing weight. Often has very light breakfasts, skips meals, and tries not to eat too much but does consume many carb meals like rice and bread. Does not eat red meat much, prefers chicken. Eats fast food every now and then. Textbook "boy mom" personality, and does not handle stress well.

Aunt A: G,G – Slim/now average. LE eater most of the time, eats small portions, has a light breakfast, does not snack often, and eats fast food every now and then. Husband lives overseas for work, and can only come to visit once a year. She was super skinny when DD1 was conceived, and then gained weight after her birth, but lost most of this weight before conceiving DD2. Her pregnancy symptoms for DD2 were the same as her first child (vomiting daily after every meal, looking tired and sick, breaking out on the face) - my mum guessed she was having another girl just by the way she looked even though my aunt was convinced it was a boy. Her personality leans more girl, she's very chill and does not stress much.

Aunt B: B,G – Average weight/now slim. Generally a LE eater, but does like to eat fast food often. Has a big sweet tooth, especially for chocolate. At the time her son was conceived she was on holidays with her husband at his home country where they lived at my grandma's place. She ate a lot when she was there, very hearty and rich foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner made by my grandma, and my aunt and uncle ate out as well every other day. Her personality is a mix of both "boy" and "girl" traits. After the birth of her son she lost a lot of weight and did not gain much weight again afterwards. My aunt goes on diets whenever she can to prevent gaining any weight but still consumes a lot of sweets. She is now also pregnant with her second child who is due soon, and found out recently she's having a girl.

Aunt S: B,B,B,B – Slim/now average. Textbook HE eater. Eats lots of red meat, chicken, carbs, full fat dairy, eggs, fruits and veges, everything and anything really. Snacks a lot, including fruit, chips, street food. Also eats fast food every now and then. When she used to get her kids ready for school she would have breakfast with them in the morning (eggs and toast), then go back to sleep and wake up later to have a second round of breakfast. She also has issues with high blood pressure. Last DS was an attempt for a girl. She does not have a high-strung personality, and is more laid-back than controlling, though can be confrontational when provoked. Husband drinks and smokes.

Other relatives:

Aunt S’s sister: B,G,G,G – Slim/now average. Generally a LE eater. When DS was conceived she was newly married and eating a lot of dinners held by family and relatives. She was slim at the time but then gained some weight from all the food. She moved overseas afterwards where she had all her 3 DDs. Last DD was an attempt for a boy after 5 years. She has gone through a lot of stress in life, and did not focus much on her diet or eat properly. She also often tried to lose much of the weight she gained over the years. Personality is very "boy mom", she stresses a lot and wants everything to go her way.

Aunt E (my mum’s relative): G – Very overweight, has struggled with fertility issues for years. She has always struggled with losing weight but it just kept adding on over the years. Diet is not the most nutritious or healthy however, it's more carb heavy through eating rice and bread. She drinks quite a lot of soda and eats very little fruit and veges. She had her first and only daughter a year after marriage, and tried to have another child for many years afterwards but was unable to unfortunately.

Edit: added some info about other children my maternal grandma had, and also how my aunt had a m/c before she conceived her second daughter.

Edit2: added diet info about my MIL I recently found out
    Last edited by hurrem; August 21st, 2019 at 09:37 PM.

2. Thanks Nell_, atomic sagebrush, Lilawt, Blue2 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for sharing all this!! Fascinating! And welcome to the site!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow!!! You must have A LOT of cousins !!!
    Where did your grandparents originally come from?
    I cant imagine having 9 boys and then a girl...

Everything is possible haha

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing all this!! Fascinating! And welcome to the site!
    No worries and I’m glad you also find this interesting!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymommy1987 View Post
    Wow!!! You must have A LOT of cousins !!!
    Where did your grandparents originally come from?
    I cant imagine having 9 boys and then a girl...

Everything is possible haha
    I just fixed the typo haha, 8 boys then a girl, and 2 boys again. Lol yes I have soo many cousins on both sides of family, I can’t count them all 😬 I’m from a South Asian background.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this is amazing im in awe of these huge families!!
    the one with 5 girls in a row followed by 5 boys in a row really caught my eye, got to love the symmetry
    now 6blue5pink

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    this is amazing im in awe of these huge families!!
    the one with 5 girls in a row followed by 5 boys in a row really caught my eye, got to love the symmetry
    I know, it just shows that anything can happen and you aren't 'set' for a certain gender. In today's society we generally don't have as many kids anymore so the changing b/g patterns aren't as evident I know of lots of other people with multiple children (outside of family included), but don't know of their eating habits and lifestyle to write about them here lol.

12. Likes 4blue2pink, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrem View Post
    I know, it just shows that anything can happen and you aren't 'set' for a certain gender. In today's society we generally don't have as many kids anymore so the changing b/g patterns aren't as evident I know of lots of other people with multiple children (outside of family included), but don't know of their eating habits and lifestyle to write about them here lol.
    yes most really big families seem to end up with a fairly even boy-girl split
    now 6blue5pink

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrem View Post
    THIS!! It's hard for us to see since most of the people on here have 2 or 3 of one gender and decide "OMGosh I'm DOOOOOOMED" but many of the larger families (such as the Duggars) have long runs of boys, long runs of girls, and long runs of B/G mixes that are 2-3 times longer than our 2-3 boys or girls in a row.

My great grandma had 6 girls and then 2 boys.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Likes hurrem liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Added some new info about my grandma’s other children and my aunt’s m/c which I didn’t know about before

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast