Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blue sway for a total novice

Hi lovely people!

I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now to get as much info as possible for when we ttc again in late summer of this year.

We have a gorgeous DD (2 years old) and I would like to try for a boy next. DH is on board even though he has no preference on gender whatsoever.

I’ve been reading through and I have definitely got myself confused and a bit overwhelmed.

The information here is informative, detailed and invaluable... I just have absolutely no idea what I’m doing!

I want to understand the timing right in my head before I tackle the diet, supplements and exercise part. They seem a lot easier to understand at the moment. (Definitely a ton more questions coming later!)

For example purposes, if we pretend we are ttc this month.
    The first date of my last period was 7th of this month (February).
    So, if we go by this month, when and what would be the best timings to sway boy?
    Every other day starting from when?
    And every day in my fertile window (whenever that is, I have not even thought about the opk!)

DH has a low sex drive so I’m trying to get the correct info so I can warn him in advance about what is expected of him!
    He will fall off the couch in shock if I tell him more than once every two weeks.
    I will show him the replies in this thread as backup!

Any help would be very much appreciated and apologies for so many questions!

Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again Pineapple! Thanks for reposting!

I know it seems overwhelming at first but just ask, ask, ask as many q's as you have. I answer all questions asked and i'm always happy to explain anything that is confusing.

The catch with swaying blue is this - timing doesn't work. It's been completely debunked and even though plenty of people and websites say otherwise, scientists have completely proven that timing does not sway. So (and I see you're hip to this already) what we have found seems to work is regular unprotected sex every 2-4 days (or having hubby release that often) and then hopefully 2-3 attempts at or around positive OPK.

The wrinkle here (and this is true of lots of blue swayers) is that with a hubby with low sex drive, we have to be very cautious not to demand more than he can do. If we try for every other day, the odds are he's not going to be able to keep up with that and then we set ourselves up for stress and possible failure (if he runs out of steam and can't DTD in the fertile window).

So what I'd have you guys do instead is aim at sex every 4 days starting after your period ends, and then when you see the positive OPK, aim for an attempt that night, and then again the next morning if possible, and then the following night if possible (so that is 2x in one day on that second day - but only if you can do that easily!! otherwise just pick one!)

From here on in, I do want him to be releasing every 4 days either with you or on his own. Long abstains like once every 2 weeks may make unhealthy sperm and more girls conceived.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi again Pineapple! Thanks for reposting!

I know it seems overwhelming at first but just ask, ask, ask as many q's as you have. I answer all questions asked and i'm always happy to explain anything that is confusing.

The catch with swaying blue is this - timing doesn't work. It's been completely debunked and even though plenty of people and websites say otherwise, scientists have completely proven that timing does not sway. So (and I see you're hip to this already) what we have found seems to work is regular unprotected sex every 2-4 days (or having hubby release that often) and then hopefully 2-3 attempts at or around positive OPK.

The wrinkle here (and this is true of lots of blue swayers) is that with a hubby with low sex drive, we have to be very cautious not to demand more than he can do. If we try for every other day, the odds are he's not going to be able to keep up with that and then we set ourselves up for stress and possible failure (if he runs out of steam and can't DTD in the fertile window).

So what I'd have you guys do instead is aim at sex every 4 days starting after your period ends, and then when you see the positive OPK, aim for an attempt that night, and then again the next morning if possible, and then the following night if possible (so that is 2x in one day on that second day - but only if you can do that easily!! otherwise just pick one!)

From here on in, I do want him to be releasing every 4 days either with you or on his own. Long abstains like once every 2 weeks may make unhealthy sperm and more girls conceived.

So is DH supposed to be pulling out before the fertile window attempts?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's up to you. If you believe in timing you would not want to have unprotected sex. But timing has been debunked and newer research has indicated regular exposure to the hormones in semen may sway blue. So some of us, especially those of us who have timing opposites, have decided to sway blue by having unprotected attempts out of the fertile window. Totally up to you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ