Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    A much needed topic!

Perhaps you can add in an explanation as to why Shettles' own study seemed to prove his theory (for pink he also asked the women in his sample to do abstaining, no big o, etc)?

Also add in the statistics from healthy non-swayers for conception chances on ov day (30%) compared to those who had a 3+ day cut off (10%) each cycle, so these are likely to be even lower for pink-swayers.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
    Better???
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic no I haven't read it but I most certainly will. IM still making my way through over here. From the little that I have read so far alot of it makes sense. Like I said in my pp I have already found a TON of answers simply from your thorough research (AMAZING) I am so happy to hear the "WHOLE STORY" for once. IG was definitely getting a little crazy and more then half the time my posts got lost in the mix. This time I am going to relax and let it all flow together.

I am thankful for all of your hardwork and I appreciate your efforts!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a LOT to get through I understand! My thinking has been that it's better to have things explained too much, than not enough! I know it seems overwhelming at first though.

4. Thanks daydreamer84 thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sooooo lost. We haven't started TTC yet (waiting for AF to come) but I've been planning all along completely wrong apparently. I don't know what to think anymore..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amberdawnsgeese View Post
    I am sooooo lost. We haven't started TTC yet (waiting for AF to come) but I've been planning all along completely wrong apparently. I don't know what to think anymore..........
    it is a minefield... I think a lot of works for one person doesn't work for another. It's about finding the sway aspects that work for YOU and your family. Diet seems to be the most important aspect, followed by lower sperm count (and there are a variety of ways of achieving that such as frequent release/abstaining, jump+dump, douching, etc.).

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS can you link to a paper/research site that talks about size differences being related to capacitation? I've found info on how it influences their movement patterns but I'm not finding anything concrete on size. I must be putting the wrong searches into Google
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amberdawn - I know it's confusing at first, but better to have the real info and then decide what you want to do with it, than to proceed based on bad info and end up with an opposite. Good luck.

9. Dislikes mammacass disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Skrimpy, I'm not sure what you're talking about. That Dr. Shettles was wrong about X and Y sperm being capacitated vs. uncapacitated, is now common knowledge that I have read about a bazillion diff. places. Kinda like asking for a study that proves germs cause disease. There is one study that is often cited Gledhill 1988 but I can't find it online and never have been able to.

The path of the sperm cells to the oocyte - capacitation (this link explains that capacitated sperm have lost their cap and become hyperactive, which is why Shettles thought y sperm were super fast) Fertilization (this link shows the size diff. between capacitated and uncapacitated sperm and is just a nice explanation of the process) Entrenched misinformation about X and Y sperm here is a letter from Valerie Grant with a better explanation than I am capable of.

Sorry that's really all I have time for.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Skrimpy, I'm not sure what you're talking about. That Dr. Shettles was wrong about X and Y sperm being capacitated vs. uncapacitated, is now common knowledge that I have read about a bazillion diff. places. Kinda like asking for a study that proves germs cause disease. There is one study that is often cited Gledhill 1988 but I can't find it online and never have been able to.

The path of the sperm cells to the oocyte - capacitation (this link explains that capacitated sperm have lost their cap and become hyperactive, which is why Shettles thought y sperm were super fast) Fertilization (this link shows the size diff. between capacitated and uncapacitated sperm and is just a nice explanation of the process) Entrenched misinformation about X and Y sperm here is a letter from Valerie Grant with a better explanation than I am capable of.

Sorry that's really all I have time for.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure how to rephrase was I was saying to make it clear. I'm not doubting that Dr. Shettles was wrong or that there's no sizing difference. I'm just having trouble finding anything that explains the difference between capacitated sperm and non-capicitated sperm via their relative sizes. I can find documentation on their speed, but I don't see anything on size. The second link you gave looked promising, but the animated gif that shows the sperm losing part of its cap and changing is an explanation of what happens as it's burrowing into the egg, or at least that's what I understood from it.

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter much, but I just like to see documentation and though I've found concrete explanations as to how capacitation influences speed (and the appearance of the sperm "tails") I can't find anything that discusses how it impacts relative size. The sizing change information I've seen seems to come after they are attempting to penetrate the outer shell of the egg, which also seems to be a different process than capacitation.

Like I said, I guess it doesn't matter in the end, don't mean to be a bother.
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast