Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, for a pink sway you would have your husband release every day for 7-10 days before your attempt OR abstain for 7-10 days before an attempt OR have him release 2-3 times a day for 2-3 days before an attempt OR have him release once, throw it away, then have your attempt as soon as he is able to DTD again (within 1-6 hours).

DTD every second day is ideal for a boy.
    First off - wonderful essay, I'm so happy to be done with timing. I'm immediately less stressed and don't have plans to Ttc doe many months
    BUT! In regards to frequency - my hubby is like a compulsive masturbator lol - no point sugar coating it (eeeew, sorry). I'm so sure he releases every day. (Or did at my last conception) -although after asking point blank he says he can't remember (come one buddy, was it ever day or not??? Easy question!) So diet is going to be me, since dh is really skinny and basically is naturally on this diet, I want to make sure I'm asking the right things of him for his part. Should we be dtd (with condom to not mess with ph) for 7-10 days and ask him to release once on his own too for that 7-10? Dh is 40 this year... But acts 19 lol I'm sure he's "up" for it.... Or should we release or dtd 7-10 days and so this compressed action the last 2-3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

The TROUBLE with timing!

I think Atomic is suggesting every 4 days now (at least for us older folks), release or bd with a condom, then 1 attempt at positive opk.

I'm sure she'll be along sometime to tell you for sure, though.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmebabyonemoretime View Post
    First off - wonderful essay, I'm so happy to be done with timing. I'm immediately less stressed and don't have plans to Ttc doe many months
    BUT! In regards to frequency - my hubby is like a compulsive masturbator lol - no point sugar coating it (eeeew, sorry). I'm so sure he releases every day. (Or did at my last conception) -although after asking point blank he says he can't remember (come one buddy, was it ever day or not??? Easy question!) So diet is going to be me, since dh is really skinny and basically is naturally on this diet, I want to make sure I'm asking the right things of him for his part. Should we be dtd (with condom to not mess with ph) for 7-10 days and ask him to release once on his own too for that 7-10? Dh is 40 this year... But acts 19 lol I'm sure he's "up" for it.... Or should we release or dtd 7-10 days and so this compressed action the last 2-3?

Think of frequency, timing, and number of attempts as three separate things. It's YOUR sway, and you and everyone else should include the things that you believe in that make sense to you. Some people may want to start off doing all of them, others none, and all that is ok.

What I really really want you guys to focus on the most is the one attempt. The frequency stuff was a guess on my part about what swayed. There's nothing magic to it, I made it up out of my butt on the assumption that it was sperm numbers alone that was swaying, but the numbers haven't borne it out. So I just hate to see you or anyone getting hung up on frequency. We tried it, didn't seem to work out, moving on. I have no qualms about people keeping it in the mix, but it has to be dropped if you don't get pg or in your case, if you're in a hurry to conceive, it may make sense to drop it right from the start in favor of keeping the one attempt.

I can't answer your question about the "magic" frequency pattern, because I don't even think frequency works any more (and I've never thought that all the fine tuning and thought that people put into it was ever effective or a good idea). I do NOT favor tacking a CFR onto a daily release though. If you do want to go this route, I'd either go for one a day for 7-10 days plus one attempt, or alternate days 1 release, than 2, for 7-10 days, plus one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyedguys View Post
    I think Atomic is suggesting every 4 days now (at least for us older folks), release or bd with a condom, then 1 attempt at positive opk.

I'm sure she'll be along sometime to tell you for sure, though.
    Most people want to give it a try with frequency + one attempt, then hubby relasing on his own every 2-4 days with one attempt, before jumping right to the BD every 4 days. It depends on a lot of different circumstances.

Hitme, if you are very late 30's to 40 yourself then I agree I would look seriously about skipping FR and switching to reg. release instead.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Most people want to give it a try with frequency + one attempt, then hubby relasing on his own every 2-4 days with one attempt, before jumping right to the BD every 4 days. It depends on a lot of different circumstances.

Hitme, if you are very late 30's to 40 yourself then I agree I would look seriously about skipping FR and switching to reg. release instead.
    Ya. Personal plan is looking better and better. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I'm 38. I was on the "let him do what he does" plan with one attempt at O.

Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Trying to sway pink question-

Is it better for my husband to abstain from releasing for 7-10 days and then for us to attempt one time when I get a positive ovulation test?

30 yrs old, one DS

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmebabyonemoretime View Post
    Ya. Personal plan is looking better and better. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I'm 38. I was on the "let him do what he does" plan with one attempt at O.

I think that anyone with a less than cooperative DH, "let him do what he does" and then keeping the one attempt is a-ok.

I am stealing that expression BTW!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyPie View Post
    Trying to sway pink question-

Is it better for my husband to abstain from releasing for 7-10 days and then for us to attempt one time when I get a positive ovulation test?

30 yrs old, one DS
    Unfortunately my crystal ball is in the shop this week and I can't answer questions about what is "better", I just don't have that level of data.

WHatever else ya do, keep the one attempt as long as you can. Drop everything else first.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - Should I take any antihistamines or cranberry or both?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I answered this in another thread, it is very difficult for me to give individualized advice with little to no info to go off of.

I don't advise cranberry for any woman. IT's not safe and the results have been underwhelming anyway. I used to recommend aspirin but the risks have been shown to be too high to justify the results we were getting.

Antihistamines, also underwhelming results and really cut odds of conception by a lot, and they are not always compatible with people's health issues and medication they are on or if they're breastfeeding. So I can't really say that you should or shouldn't take them. Most people want to give it a try for at least a month or two with them, but you obviously shouldn't if they are not right for you

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast