Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Myths not to worry about... gender proof

I just wanted to say that it has been quite the journey for me swaying and I have had so many worries that I thought people should not put too much thought into some things. There is really no way to determine gender without ultrasound or bloodwork. Everything else is guessing.

I have 5 boys and in expecting boy number 6. He was conceived after a solid 16 weeks LE diet, 6 days a week exercise, fiber by every meal and I lost about 12.5 lbs. My other boys were born when I was seriously underweight and skipping meals. This time I was a healthy weight and lost from there. I was on antidepressents and calmer than I have ever been in my life.

I didn't skip that month where the Chinese calendars all pretty much said boy. So they were accurate. He was concieved a day after a full moon, I did worry about that and tried to counteract with ions. So those two were right.

I had one attempt on Sunday, and one really fast, practically j&d as it happened on day of ovulation Wednesday. I think I ovulated from the right side, I believe, which rarely happens.

I really thought this time was it due to differences and apparantly myths. My pregnancy test was very dark at 9 dpo in the middle of the day. My hcg was tested often and extremely high that every site put me in the multiple pregnancy categories, none other pregnancies were that high. I had low progesterone for the first time and needed meds. All 5 pregnancies were all identical. Terrible MS with all 5 until about 17-18 weeks. This one I had nothing at all. My babies were all extremely active and this one I didn't feel until 20 weeks and it barely moves. I'm carrying, what I feel to be differently than before.

Baby is a boy and I just wanted to share that some things just don't matter. Don't sweat the small stuff. Do your best and after that you can only hope.

If I did it again, I would not have done e4d. One attempt and that's all. But even with that, nothing is for certain.

Good luck ladies

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and baby's heart rate at 22 weeks + was 161 bpm. Higher than any of my boys ever. And I forgot I have major cravings for citrus and never had that in my life. I squeeze lemon into things and eat more grapefruits than ever before. 2 more myths to add to the list...

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to add two more myths. I just did the baking soda test at 24 weeks pregnant. Used FMU and results were girl without a fizzle in sight. Unless it's too late or I have information wrong. I poured the urine into a cup with baking soda...

The other thing is I keep getting pimples all over my face. My other 5 pregnancies, my face was clear and my back was a mess. Now it's the opposite. By one of my other sways that resulted in MC, I had terrible acne, but unconfirmed gender, loss at 16 weeks.

My previous son was conceived after 2 consecutive MC and 1 attempt, but no specific diet. The one attempt was at o+12 give or take. I was practically standing and j&d.

Just some more things for you not to worry about. Que sera, sera.

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big hugs mama, but also congrats on another beautiful boy! All of my pregnancies were identical, and I have 4 boys and 1 girl (had dd last year at age 40), so I don't really believe in the OWT about PG symptoms. I had no morning sickness with my dd, just like my boys.
    Also wanted to tell you, I swayed really hard with my 4th boy (who I have to say is the light of my life), I also swayed hard with my girl but the one thing I did different is I added in clomid. I really think that made the difference. I got PG with twins, lost one at 8 weeks, and the survivor was my daughter. If you want to try swaying again I would add in clomid. For moms like us that tend to lean blue naturally, I really think clomid can give us better odds.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post