Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

NIPT testing query

Atomic - what’s the chances of NIPT being wrong if it says boy?? I’m in massive denial about my results and now convinced I’m still gonna hear girl at the 20 week scan! (Not sure I’ll ever believe it till he’s here to be honest tho!!)

My Fetal cfDNA Percentage: 12.1% which I believe is pretty normal

I’m a bit paranoid - I know if it is incorrect it’s more likely when they say girl (& it’s a boy) as the presence of a Y chromosome is either there or not and if so is male (so not me). My concern is I read it can be wrong if you have an earlier miscarriage. I don’t know for sure but the month before I conceived I messaged you about a much heavier period with clotting that I was worried was a chemical pregnancy (I would have been 4 weeks). You massively put my mind at rest at the time and advised that as I had negative preg tests it may have just been very heavy bleeding and clotting etc from drinking slightly more etc (it was Xmas and obviously on my boy sway I was drinking not much before) and you doubted it was a loss. It massively put my mind at rest then but now I have this niggling seed of doubt lodged in my mind that if it was a chemical - my NIPT could be wrong after all and I may not get my boy?

I’m hoping I’m massively overthinking this and being paranoid and you’ll put my mind at rest that it’s full miscarriages further along that impact NIPT and not chemical pregnancies (and I’m hoping it wasn’t one of those either what with the negative tests??)

Rambling now - just so in denial about getting a son - don’t want my dream shattered at my 20 week scan xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go outside and look up into the sky. Is a meteor coming? It's about that likely.

Look, anything is possible - maybe they got your test mixed up with someone elses, that kind of thing. But the odds of that are not high at all. They have numerous precautions in place so that can't happen. It's always so funny to me that you guys put so much faith in ultrasounds (which are wrong all the time, much more than the NIPT!) and don't believe the NIPT! ESPECIALLY in your case - you're not a boy, you've had girls, there's nowhere else that Y could have come from!

You could not have had boy DNA in your body from a chemical pregnancy. The reason you have to wait till a certain period of gestation is that the fetal DNA is not in your blood****** prior to that and a chemical would never even have been in your blood******.

I do remember your heavy period and I also remember there being numerous reasons beyond the negative tests so I did not think it was a chemical (starting with the fact that the vast majority of all the chemicals I have seen are not even heavy!) and I myself have had the occasional heavy, clotty period when there was no way I could have bene pregnant (like one time when I was just eating some more fresh garlic than normal, LOL). It's just a natural variation.

It's fine to stay wary, but don't be distraught over it. To be honest most of us don't believe it even when we have the baby in our arms, it takes time to really trust that it's happening!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much atomic!! You’ve kept me from spiralling again! I think I’m just so happy that I don’t quite believe it. I feel like it’ll be cruelly taken away from me. I tend to overthink things at the best of tomes. But what you have said makes perfect sense - especially about the ‘chemical’ and dna (or lack of it). Totally has put my mind at ease

Thank you xxxxxx

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congratulations on your baby boy!
    i think Nipt is 99% precise.

Can was your attempts for the cycle you got BFP?
    how many attempts did you have? were your attempts around O day? did you use OPK or Clearblue? did you BD when you got OPK positive or did you have any attempt before that as well?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rahaye_raha View Post

how many attempts did you have? were your attempts around O day? did you use OPK or Clearblue? did you BD when you got OPK positive or did you have any attempt before that as well?

We also attempted on the 8th and 10th in case of delayed O - which I think may have been the case. I used clearblue OPKs - I used cheap ones too leading up so I didn’t miss but in fertile window I switched to clear blue to be sure. Are you swaying blue? Good luck xxxx

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rahaye_raha View Post

I’ve had a failed sway and a successful one (if NIPT is correct) - for me I think the major difference was excerise, so I would defo recommend that xxx

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3littleladies01 View Post
    I’ve had a failed sway and a successful one (if NIPT is correct) - for me I think the major difference was excerise, so I would defo recommend that xxx

exercise is a BIGGIE for the blue sways.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the reply. I think you have probably evaluated on your Cd14 or CD15. Didnt you have any attempt on night CD15?
    I will start swaying next year and i would like to gather information.
    have you explained your sway in detail in some page?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what kind of exercise? weight lifting or cardio? how many times a week?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By the way, how long was your cycle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast