Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello!
    I'm in the same boat thinking about age gaps for my 3rd (if we finally decide on ttc). My boys are 23 months apart and I really love the bond they have. Although I have to say it's hard if you don't have support. It all goes so fast that at some point I feel I didn't really enjoy the baby stage - he will be 2 in December and I can't imagine having a baby before that as I did with DS1.
    - Would I do it again? Yes. Even with the eternal terrible twos (when one gets over them, here comes the little one that learns a lot faster)
    Anyway, a year more won't make a very big difference. Up to 3-4 years I think it's a good gap. More than that must be more relaxed but you have to "go back" to nappies, night feeds...when you've well passed that.
    Whatever you decide will be alright

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Hoping to sway for a at the end of 2020 - start 2021

2. Thanks Southernbelle1 thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally agree will the gap ideas in fact 2.5 yr is sound time to me so that i regain strength and for a perfect healthy body you know age is just a number. I have two 25 months apart and this help them know each other better moreover it was exciting to see the babies grow moving stages quickly.

4. Thanks Southernbelle1 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My boys are 2,5 years apart.
    My middle son and this baby girl wil be 16 months apart.

I don’t really care about a age gap. They always have each other.

6. Likes Southernbelle1 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    all mine are small gaps (13 months - 18 months) and we've never dealt with jealousy towards the new baby, my brother has 3 years between his 2 and went through hell with the oldest when baby was born, as did a couple of my friends with similar gaps. they also really struggled with going back to newborn mode after being well out of sleepless nights etc it was a huge shock to them. seeing how it was for my brother when #2 arrived was a big factor in me wanting small gaps, to be honest ive not really been out of baby mode since my first was born so its never a big shock/adjustment for me.

i think it depends on the individual kids too though, some kids will be hard work when a sibling arrives no matter the age difference while some wont act any different at all, same as how some babies are really hard work and some are super easy, adding a new baby you never know how it'll be till they are here, doesn't matter if its #2 or #10.

do whichever age gap you feel will work best for you and your family good luck!
    now 6blue5pink

8. Likes Southernbelle1 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure it's been said (I've only got 2 so far--2 year gap which has had good and bad aspects. If we're lucky enough to have another there will be a 4 year gap between the middle and youngest), but from what I see around me personality seems to be the biggest factor in how things go between siblings, regardless of gap and gender...and as that's near impossible to control, I've personally opted to do what works for me this time (which is to wait longer than I would've thought ideal for the kids--and to be fair my husband does worry that a 3rd could be left out..while I always point out two older siblings helping out a younger one when I see it lol) Good luck-I'm sure either outcome will have great points!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush, Southernbelle1 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12