Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Baby" aspirin

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, thanks. I shall use opks from day 10, to try to see when my hcg levels are going up, as ideally I’d like a 2 day cut off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wish I saw this site before. It was a lady who used this site and is having a daughter that recommended me. I so pray for a girl

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll help however I can!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes Clara198237 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so today I dropped cranbery but I know you don’t advise but wish to take aspirin, as heard it can help with implantation. Do you think itl be ok to start taking tomorrow? Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When it comes to implantation, think of it this way - aspirin "helps with implantation" only for those whose blood clots too easily. If your blood clots normally, or is even a bit thin, the aspirin will make it thinner. Your blood being too thin is not any better for implantation than it being too thick! It also may interfere with the prostaglandins that are important for implantation to occur. https://www.theguardian.com/science/...icineandhealth Newer research is indicating aspirin causes more miscarriages than it prevents.

Do you have any reason to think you have trouble with implantation or your blood clotting too easily?

If you MUST take it please take it only 2x a week to start with. If you don't see any ill effect (bleeding, bruising, heavy or super light periods - aspirin can cause either heavy or light periods because it affects the amount of clotting factors your body makes) you can up it to 3 days a week. Never take it more than 5x a week unless under care of a doc, and I think 2-3 times is all most people should take.

9. Likes Clara198237 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic, I don’t think I have an issue but I just want to increase my chances of getting pregnant this month and of course to a girl thanks

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, my doc has recommended me to take eco aspirin 75 from second day of AF. I wanna sway blue. 5th day of AF. Please help????

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arc View Post
    Hey, my doc has recommended me to take eco aspirin 75 from second day of AF. I wanna sway blue. 5th day of AF. Please help????
    If your doctor has advised baby aspirin then they think it is medically indicated for you. I would suggest, though, to wean onto it (starting off at 2-3 per week and gradually building up) and more importantly off of it.

We have not found baby aspirin actually works to sway pink. Same number of people were getting girls with and without it. So please don't worry if you need to take it and you're swaying blue.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic

I stopped my low dose aspirin and I’m hoping if I’m not pregnant this cycle I can see if shortens my period any by not taking it (I have been bleeding for 9/10 days with the first 4 being flow and the remaining days being barely there but annoying spotting that clings on forever)

I am on labatelol - tho never formally diagnosed hypertensive by a cardiologist
    My blood pressure goes crazy during pregnancy at the end and always is super high for months after having my babies Which I was told signals hypertension when it doesn’t come back down after so many weeks following delivery.

Anyhoo - I did have pre eclampsia at full term delivery with my 2012 baby and not since (have taken low dose aspirin during those pregnancies that’s followed) I honestly don’t recall taking the aspirin while ttc tho. I might have taken it with my 2020 baby while ttc. If I did I was taking it daily

I was taking it daily while ttc my 2020 miscarriage baby.

For pre eclampsia prevention, what are the current recommendations?

I’m going to bring this up at my pap this month too but I really feel like months on aspirin is too much and I hope it’s not preventing pregnancy in some way.

I turned 40 this past March if that matters

I didn’t really wean off of it. Maybe somewhat as I had run out so I didn’t take it for a couple days then got more and took it a few days then full stop - is this cycle a bust now? I’m 7dpo and I’ve not taken one in probably over a week

Thanks ��
    Last edited by Rf1927; June 15th, 2021 at 08:09 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Under normal circumstances I would say if you didn't wean off, please do, by gradually spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week. But since you've already been off it a week, just roll with that. This is not for TTC, it is for your personal safety as going from thin blood to thick blood (because your body was making extra clotting factors due to you being on the aspirin) is never wise.

I can't advise you on pre-e guidelines, that's beyond my pay grade, LOL. Many docs do want you to start it before conception but most organizations suggest starting it at the 12 week of pregnancy mark. https://www.nichd.nih.gov/newsroom/r...sia-prevention I suggest actually weaning ONTO the aspirin at this point, start off at 3 days a weeek and then gradually up this.

The trouble with bringing it up at your Pap appointment is that doctors are WAYYYY behind the curve on this. By virtue of me being on these forums and seeing soo many people start aspirin and cranberry and having heavy bleeding (and indeed, experiencing this myself firsthand when I tried cranberry and also whenever I've EVER taken aspirin...aspirin does not like me very much) and even having subchorionic hemorrhages and possible pregnancy loss, I started researching it. So I have been clued into other studies that are pointing out that it may not be a great idea for people to take. But doctors are not up to speed on this research and in most cases will tell you "oh it's perfectly safe" but that is not at all proven, and in fact is in the process of being DISproven.

Here's one: https://www.bmj.com/content/327/7411...Amtx%25253Actx

16. Likes Rf1927 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast