Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for this atomic this is great. Another very important supplement that I have not seen anyone mention on this forum or IG is iodine. I don't know about the states but in Oz there is chronic deficiency of iodine in people. It is absolutely vital for brain development of bubs. According to my doctor up to 10 points on the IQ scale can be added or subtracted depending on the mother's iodine levels during pregnancy. Iodine used to be found in dairy but is not anymore as the way dairy is processed has changed. It is sometimes added to salt. So for those swaying blue (and especially if they are not taking their pre-natals) it is vital that they either use iodinised salt or use i-folic for their folate supplement. For those swaying pink because they do not eat much salt they should probably take their prenatals as well as an extra i-folic tablet. When pregnant with my DD2 my doctor tested my iodine levels and I was chroniclly deficient!!! That was because I never added salt to any of my food. And this is despite the fact that I love sushi and ate a lot of sushi-rolls (with vegetables and cooked chicken of course during pregnancy) and sea weed is the best source of iodine. So ladies you must take your iodine supp. Atomic I really think you should add this to your essay or future advice (unless it is mentioned somewhere else). I was taking 2 i-folic tablets a day for 2 months before my levels were restored. It is especially important for the 2nd and 3rd term of pregnancy.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for this info Layla!!

I will do some research and see if it improves overall egg health - at the very least I see a strong need for a "pregnancy supps after swaying" article

I don't think ANYONE should eat either super low or super high sodium during pregnancy.

In MOST parts of the world you get sufficient levels of iodine through eating fruits and vegetables and in our modern world with fruits and veg shipped in from around the world, most of us are probably getting enough (or will get enough if you follow the low-everything/high-everything or FGD diets for pink and blue.) However, those who are following the IG diet may want to look into iodine supps.

Iodine supps for all may not be the best idea though because too much iodine can be dangerous as well and can destroy your thyroid. In the US most salt is iodized and has been since 1924. 70% of all households around the world already use iodized salt.

Your body stores iodine in your thyroid gland and it takes some time to become deficient via diet, so pink swayers shouldn't worry too much about being on a pink diet for a few months. Also, cow's milk has iodine in it.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 1st, 2011 at 11:17 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic here is a link about iodine deficiency in Australia:
    http://www.abc.net.au/health/thepuls...03/1496781.htm

All obs here now recommend that women either take pre-natals or i-folic as a supplement. There is no more iodine in milk (unless you drink a litre a day) as they have changed the way they clean the milk containers where milk is processed. You are right though it probably should go in post-pregnancy supplements rather than egg quality.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My understanding of iodine in milk/dairy is that the cows ingest at least SOME iodine via diet...this is why drinking milk from irradiated areas can be so dangerous, because the cows ingest the radioactive iodine and it comes out in their milk. I did read that there is less iodine in milk due to changing practices, but there is still some.

Not trying to quibble over particulars, because I think you're absolutely correct to raise the alarm about this and I'm going to post about it in both pink and blue. I just don't want people to panic unnecessarily. For most swayers, pink and blue, they are getting enough iodine pre-pregnancy and I totally agree with you that it's a great idea to add in iodine after a BFP and beforehand for blue swayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, I was recommended a red krill oil supp called Anstaxanthin: http://www.beta-glucan-info.com/asta...ns-answers.htm which I've added to my antioxidant regimen for egg health. May be similar to the one you guys are talking about above.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a question about the 90 days that take an egg to mature, since most of the time, after stopping BCP (even if it has been taken for many years) the ovulation can occur before than 90 days, so how could it happens if it hasn´t completed the maturing process? Isn´t the FSH hormone who start the process of develop of several follicules a few days after AF until one of them release? so, what about this 90 days before?
    I ask it because I wouldn´t like to take BCP and think that I´ll cathc an inmature or a poor quality one if now I stop my own egg production through BCP. I want a healthy baby , boy or girl over of all.
    Mom to my DS and my baby girl

Thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming

link to my sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I just tried to buy the supplements suggested on Amazon but unfortunately only the multivitamin is available to be shipped here.
    I have found a local company here which is considered a very good one and they have a supplement that combines EPO/Flaxseed oil/Fish oil with the following mgs per capsule: EPO:300mg, Flaxseed:400mg, Fish oil:500mg. Also a CoQ10 product that has 30mg per capsule.
    Are they enough to sway?
    I'll also take fresh royal jelly and unfortunately we don't have folate here, only folic acid..
    I also cannot find the quifenesin here, but I'll order pre-seed so could this be a good enough substitude?
    Last edited by Mamato3?; October 2nd, 2014 at 12:14 PM.
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    I have a question about the 90 days that take an egg to mature, since most of the time, after stopping BCP (even if it has been taken for many years) the ovulation can occur before than 90 days, so how could it happens if it hasn´t completed the maturing process? Isn´t the FSH hormone who start the process of develop of several follicules a few days after AF until one of them release? so, what about this 90 days before?
    I ask it because I wouldn´t like to take BCP and think that I´ll cathc an inmature or a poor quality one if now I stop my own egg production through BCP. I want a healthy baby , boy or girl over of all.
    Sorry this is an old question but wanted to answer - the eggs are often in development when on BCP and just kind of frozen in place and/or they develop and then are simply reabsorbed.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamato3? View Post
    So I just tried to buy the supplements suggested on Amazon but unfortunately only the multivitamin is available to be shipped here.
    I have found a local company here which is considered a very good one and they have a supplement that combines EPO/Flaxseed oil/Fish oil with the following mgs per capsule: EPO:300mg, Flaxseed:400mg, Fish oil:500mg. Also a CoQ10 product that has 30mg per capsule.
    Are they enough to sway?
    I'll also take fresh royal jelly and unfortunately we don't have folate here, only folic acid..
    I also cannot find the quifenesin here, but I'll order pre-seed so could this be a good enough substitude?
    I would try to find one without the flaxseed. I am not a fan of flaxseed overall.

30 mg coq10 is fine. I'd take 2 or 3 over the course of the day.

I don't recommend royal jelly any more, just take a B complex vitamin (or this will be in your multivitamin already)

Folic acid is fine.

Guanefesin and PReseed are two different things, but either one will help. Try looking in the cough/cold medicine aisle.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS thank you for your time!
    Unfortunately i cannot find guanefesin in Greece at any form sirup or tabs.
    I'll try to find it at european amazon.
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast