Thread: Postpone ttc

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Postpone ttc

Hi,
    Is any one projecting to postpone ttc due to covid outbreak?
    We were planning to ttc in the beginning of may. Here where I live schools will be closed for the next 2 weeks. So I have to care for my kids and work remotely. And staying home is really bad for my diet as I tend to eat more often and snack all the day 😏😏.

I feel there will never be a good time for ttc. Each time we put a plan some thing happens or juste we don t feel ready for it 😞😞

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m in Canada, not sure if that makes a difference, but I’m still planning on TTC in May

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had several questions about this. The truth is we don't know if there are any possible harms that may come if you're pregnant with Coronavirus. Some sicknesses do have the potential to harm a baby in utero and we just don't have any way to know if this is one of them. I can see wisdom in waiting to see, if time is on your side. Of course many people who are 38+ probably don't have the luxury of waiting. I doubt I would have waited when I was TTC my 4th or 5th child. But it's just something that with the available data, we just don't know and so I have to be upfront with you guys about that.

But you're right there is never a good time to TTC, it's always something!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately I think we are going to postpone our sway apart from the fact we don’t know the effects the virus could have especially on an early developing baby, I also worry about needing medical attention if hospitals are over capacity.
    We will see what this year brings.
    2 little cuties

5. Likes Nayla liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    please keep us posted and let me know if you have any questions!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are going to postpone as well we had to take a break from December til May anyway for a few reasons but now hubby is questioning whether we should have another baby at all. He does want another but he's worried about the state of the world after all this is over and thinks we should stop at our two boys and it's causing me so much heartache..... because even though I know there's still the chance I could have another boy after this, I still had hope I could have a girl after all but if we don't have any more babies then I have no chance at all. I feel so sad.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Sarah, I'm sorry to hear this. I think a lot of people are thinking along these lines right now but we're all hoping and praying that things improve and that the economy rebounds quickly.

9. Thanks Sarah2017 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sarah I’m sorry you’re hurting. Just wanted to say I am worried my husband will say the same. A 3rd child wasn’t always agreed on and he came round to the idea only for this to happen. Now it’s off the table for now and who knows what will happen I think I am planning to start my sway anyway so that when this is all over we can hopefully try straight away. I know all that matters right now is keeping the family we do have safe, for me that means hopefully avoiding public places and hospitals for the foreseeable, but my heart breaks at the thought of losing the chance of a daughter, or not having another baby at all regardless of the gender.
    Hope everything works out for us both.
    2 little cuties

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just popping around to give you my opinion. I've just had DS3 two weeks ago, and i had a hard time going to hospital appointments and medical services is reduce to minimum right now. If you have "time", maybe you could consider waiting until the summer to see the outcome of this... There's not enough data and although most say covid19 is not a highrisk for pregnant women and there's not much evidence of the virus passing to babies, they still don't know how it could affect in the 1st trimester which is the most important for the baby's developement. And if you're up to it, i would just be careful and follow the security recommendations.

I was planning to start a sway at the end of the year before DH decides to get a snip :lol: but all this pandemic situation also made me think if it makes sense having more children... dunno. I have to say that if it wasn't for the kids, our lockdown would have been more boring (and resting too). And they are so lucky to have eachother! I think that is the plus of having children with close age gaps (my 3 are 2 years apart from each). We'll see how everything goes...
    My best of luck for you!

xxx
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Hoping to sway for a at the end of 2020 - start 2021

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post