Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this a positive OPK? Doesn't match up and trying to sway boy

I am new to OPK's and to genderdreaming. This is my first cycle TTC. We would hope to sway boy for our 4th child. My OPK got as dark as the control line tonight and it seems to be getting darker. Would this be considered a positive OPK? Or do I wait until it gets darker? I'm worried if I go to sleep it will get lighter tomorrow afternoon...
    Should I BD tonight? or tomorrow night to sway boy? I know the forum says BD 3 times.. once the night of positive OPK, once the next morning and then the same night... but I always assumed that would be for a positive OPK that showed in the afternoon.

Also based on my past few cycles being 30 days with day 31 turning into CD 1 as my first day of AF... I would assume my O date would be on Wednesday. Doesn't this positive OPK (sunday night) seem a little early? I don't have any CM coming out. Any thoughts?

IMG_5421.jpg
    IMG_5420.jpg
    IMG_5422.jpg

The DTD on CD12 was protected.

Thank you for your advice.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today is CD 15. My cycles normally go between 30 days and on the 31st day AF comes. It's also normally a little longer, however in February it was 28 days (with the next day being AF Day 1)

Update for today:

I normally temp at 6am but today I naturally woke from my sleep at 4.30 am so I decided to test. I was worried that I'd ovulate based on what seemed to me to be almost positive OPK.
    Temp was normal but a tad high at 96.94 at that time... I went back to sleep.
    At 6am I woke up for my regular testing time and my temp jumped to 97.8... every temp thereafter has been this high. Did I miss my ovulation window? The room was a little hotter than normal. Do I log the first number or the second number?
    At 6.30 am My hubby and I rapidly BD'd here just in case we had a chance.

I thought my OPK was not positive enough to be a true positive and with the boy sway I thought I needed to time it better. Looks like I missed the boat for this month
    I hope my temp drops again tomorrow.

My OPK is still strong like yesterday. I have been testing multiple times a day over the last 2 days so I'm surprised I could miss the stronger surge.

Besides today, my only unprotected bd day was CD 11. Would that have given me a chance? I'm assuming a chance of a girl if anything?

IMG_5421 2.jpg
    IMG_5424.jpg

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It may be a false positive (the one on CD 13 at 12:05 looks positive as well) You can see your cycle change while swaying, so even if it's a bit early I would have had you have attempts with either of those. I want you to go off the FIRST positive, not the darkest. Since you've had an attempt I would definitely add attempts today and tomorrow if at all possible. The CD 11 attempt was likely too early, and all those sperm died. Timing doesn't sway anyway so don't stress about that one.

I do agree your temp today may have been a fluke, we'll see what happens tomorrow. It's very hard to see the pattern when you don't temp early on, though, so I would start sooner next month if you don't get pregnant this time.

Welcome to the site BTW! Sending you tons of blue dust!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm so annoyed with myself for not just going for it yesterday and doing the BD dance... I was looking at other people's positive OPK's and most of them had the test line darker than the control line. Also their surge seemed to have lasted a lot longer than mine. My 1.30 pm test was definitely negative on CD14 and the opk test instructions said I'd ovulate 24 hours after the positive so I thought I could BD in the morning.
    Also, according to my normal cycle... I should have only ovulated on Tuesday.

I had what seemed to be O Pain last night around 11 pm... but I thought it may be impossible to feel and that I was imagining it.

Unfortunately, after this morning's positive OPK after the temp shit... all my other tests are now negative.

I'm so annoyed with myself and should have researched positive OPK's a bit earlier. I guess I will know a lot more next month and will know my signs. I can also hopefully learn more about the diet.

For boy, it can be done multiple times, right? I need to plan better next month.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No it happens all the time, I just wish I had seen your post in time but it was past my bedtime, LOL

Don't worry about what other people's OPK are doing. There is a massive variation in OPK presentation - some people have short surges, others long, and most often people can have different presentations in different months. No rhyme or reason to it.

You actually can't know on the basis of your OPK going negative, when you ovulated in relation to that. They're not as interconnected as people think. You can have a test that goes neg before O has occurred, and a test that stays positive even after O has happened. That's because the OPK are simply measuring some hormone in your urine, and the hormone sends a message to your body about when to ovulate, but it does that on its own timeline.

Same with O Pain, unfortunately - you can have O Pain before, during, and after O and it's just never as indicative of when O happened as we would like.

Yes we DTD 3 or more times if possible for blue because that's what has gotten best results for us.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And it gets even more confusing... lol. I charted for one cycle with my second child and it was pretty easy but somehow, as I get older the charting seems to be more complicated.

I was trying to temp around 6am daily (Did that twice but realized I don't naturally stir from my sleep that late. The other 2 temps were earlier than 6am.)
    Today my first wake up was around 5.20am and my temp was back down to 97.08 . I went to the restroom, did an OPK test and then came back to bed around 6am and it was again at 97.8.

Yesterday I first opened my eyes at 4.30am and my temp was 96.4 . My next temp at 6am (I laid in bed and went back to sleep at 4.30). At 6am my temp jumped to 97.7. Because my OPK was positive (i think) as per the picture on the thread I assumed the sudden 1.5hr temp shift was because I ovulated in that time. My OPK's stayed positive until yesterday morning. By the afternoon they were negative.

But now I don't know. If I use my initial wake up BBT for both the temps of today and yesterday then I have not ovulated yet. But it seems the minute I wake up my temp rises quickly. I do know that my base temp as a whole throughout the day is higher right now than it was a week ago.

It seems that something happens to my temps around 6am where it all rises a bit. My OPK's right now are definitely negative.

I know this sounds complicated but if you have any thoughts or advice on this I'd truly appreciate it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is not at all unusual and there are a couple remedies. One is just to embrace the uncertainty and keep having attempts till you're sure you've ovulated. It's ok not to know specifically to the day when you Oed as long as you've had attempts all through it (we don't want to see you have attempts and then STOP not knowing if you have Oed or not, since that can end up being one attempt)

You could try temping vaginally if you don't already. This is less prone to fluctuation.

Or, you could also try (not instead, but also) setting up a second calendar where you temp at a particular time of the evening when you're typically inactive and haven't eaten recently. So you'd maybe temp at 7:30 pm or whatever, just to give an example. These evening temps will be much less reliable than morning ones, but often times when you look at the two sets of temps together, you can see a pattern emerge and better tell when O happened.

I am pretty sure the odds are that you have ovulated given the timing of your OPK.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to update.. it seems I may have ovulated later that day and so we were able to get in one BD the morning after the positive opk. The opk went negative a few hours later. Here’s my final chart for this cycle ...
    710B4C85-F6CE-4B54-A5FE-A0AF6DBCA907.jpeg

And here’s my BFP!
    I am 13 dpo
    Attachment 42642

I started getting faint lines at 9dpo.
    Attachment 42643
    Last edited by natalie143; June 21st, 2020 at 09:53 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMGosh that's terrific news!!!! Hugest congrats!!!!

10. Thanks natalie143 thanked for this post