Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 5weeks2days, I had a miscarriage. I very much felt pregnant when I received my BFPs, about a week later though, symptoms started to fade. Breast tenderness and nausea faded, though i still was experiencing fatigue, hot flashes on and off all day and night, significantly decreased breastmilk production, and a lot of bloated.

I'm super gutted. Is there anything I can do moving forward to perhaps help prevent another miscarriage? Do you think it sounds like low progesterone is an issue for a sustainable pregnancy? Or does this sound more like the egg wasn't healthy? I was taking both my regular folate and added in a prenatal for those weeks after bfp, and began eating a lot differently than my girl diet. Will this impact sway moving forward?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this.

If there was anything out there on Planet Earth that really worked to prevent miscarriage I would already have you guys take it.

Low progesterone is CAUSED by an unhealthy egg. Low progesterone is no longer really believed to cause losses. Progesterone dropping is how your body ends pregnancies that it detects aren't right (something about the signal the fertilized egg sends is off if it's not developing normally, and your body notices that and reduces progesterone to end the pregnancy, NOT the other way around). So the most likely cause of all losses is simply that something wasn't quite there with the egg, the sperm, or the way they combined and grew early on. Many doctors and researchers no longer even believe that "low progesterone" is the cause of any losses, a few others believe that a few recurrent losses may be caused by low progesterone but that most aren't. I'm always ok with you guys using progesterone if you want to, as long as you understand it's not a miracle cure, and that you may be artificially extending a pregnancy that wasn't going to work out.

Just go back to the diet and exercise now. Wean off the prenatal. The loss may help your sway, and most people want to try the first month after an early loss like this.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, thank you for sharing that info. I'll take your advice moving forward with our sway. We are going to try again as soon as possible, and pray that ovulation isn't messed up by this miscarriage moving forward. My breastmilk production has significantly decreased since BFP, so daughter is now nursing only about 6 times a day/night, so hopefully that'll be in our favor fertility-wise. Our first daughter, third child, is a rainbow baby, conceived 3 months after a loss, so we are trying to focus on how wonderful a rainbow baby is versus only focusing on the heartbreak of an early loss.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me know how I can help.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have another bfp! Super nervous though as our last positive turned into a miscarriage. I've been taking 1600mcg folate (not folic acid). Do I continue this or can I wean down to the recommended 600mcg? I've read a few articles that suggest excessive folate supplementation can possible contribute to asthma, autism, and later cancer. That makes me super worried because my first daughter who I did this sway with and stuck to higher folate for first trimester was diagnosed with leukemia at age 2.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like you guys to take the additional folate (which is safe - these studies are referring to folic acid, not folate which is better utilized by the body) till the end of the first trimester and then wean off of it. At the end of the first trimester wean back to the amount in a prenatal. The baby's neural tube will be closed by then.

I am fully aware of all that research and the potential link to asthma was when taken after the first trimester. The autism link was not in women TAKING folic acid or folate, it was that their bodies saved up huge amounts of it for some reason that no one knows.

And as for cancer it may cause some kinds of cancer to grow more quickly but is not believed to CAUSE cancer.

Many of us, myself included, are prescribed up to 4000-5000 mcg folate or folic acid to prevent neural tube defects. The 1600 is barely more than recommended in pregnancy and many prenatals have 1000 mcg in them just as a matter of course.

If you feel you must wean off before the end of the first tri please do so gradually, VERY gradually, since you are not out of the danger zone for neural tube defects.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I wanted to scale back from 1600 to the recommended 600mcg, how would I go about doing this?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just start gradually spacing the doses further and further out till you are taking the amount you want to be taking. You're just making yourself go a little longer and a little longer between doses.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So there's no harm in going back down to 600mcg in the first trimester, just so long as I do it gradually?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally think it's risky because the baby's neural tube is forming and that is why I have you guys take it all through the first trimester. If I did not think it was best for you guys to continue all thru the first tri until the neural tube has closed, I would not suggest it that way. But people are going to do what they think is best regardless of what I say, so I am simply giving you the best way to drop back on the folic acid if you feel you need to do that.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678