Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible to do low carb and LE diet?

Hi Atomic,

I am interested in buying your LE plan. I currently have no children but would like to TTC a girl. Some of my habits are already girl friendly I noticed:

I do intermittent fasting. I eat my first meal at 12 pm, I do not snack whatsoever, and then have my last meal at 6 pm. I follow a low carb ketogenic diet, which has reversed my insulin resistance (suspected PCOS-normal cycle but slightly elevated androgens-need ultrasound to confirm). My AIC has gone from a 5.7 (prediabetic- average glucose of 117) to a 4.6 (average glucose of around 80).

I already drink multiple cups of coffee a day and I love adding cinnamon to my coffee, and consume a dairy free diet (lactose intolerant). I consume a very low carb diet, and I personally prefer to not consume the healthier carbs like whole grains, sweet potato or fruit (other than berries). I just feel much better that way.

However, I do think my diet could sway blue because of the higher fat and protein. I do consume quite a bit of animal protein like chicken breast, ground beef, and sausage. Is it possible for me to do this diet without having to eat whole grains and fruit again? I really prefer how I feel without it. I am willing to go vegetarian or even vegan or increase vegetables if I had to but I do not want to add in the grains or fruit at this time. I am perfectly fine with cutting down on fat and protein, but I really do want to stay as low carb as possible if i can. is this possible?

Could I substitute brown rice for riced cauliflower? I really hope this works
    Last edited by emmir4356; August 18th, 2020 at 10:24 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many grams would you estimate you are getting?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^ grams of carbs

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right now, I eat 25 total carbs. Doc doesn't want me going above 50 total carbs in order to keep my A1C down.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If this diet is for medical need then you need to stick with it. We actually have had some people get girls on a very low carb diet. Protein alone is not the magic recipe for boys, it' high protein plus high carbs. So this can still work for you.

I'd just keep doing the type of diet appropriate for you but with 3 meals a day and cutting out any highly fortified foods and vitamin supplements.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would keto with intermittent fasting (skipping breakfast) sway blue?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yet another unsatisfying answer from me but we don't know. I cannot in good conscience ever recommend anyone eat large amounts of animal protein and fat for pink, so I don't have a whole bunch of people I can point to and say that I've seen lots of people go that route as a part of their pink sway. We have had some people who did indeed get girls on a keto-type diet, and theoretically I can see how, by virtue of keto being a somewhat restrictive diet, lowering blood sugar, and protein + carbs = boys, that keto could sway pink for some people. But it's just not something I can recommend per se.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perfect. Based on my dietary concerns, should i buy a personalized plan from you or the pcos one?

Do you think strict intermittent fasting will help sway pink? Occasionally I will even do OMAD- one meal a day where I eat like 1500-1600 calories at once, as opposed to breaking it up into two meals. I still get the same amount of nutrition I just only eat at one time, keeping blood sugar lower. What do you think atomic? Would any form of Intermittent Fasting work on girl sway plan?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The personalized plan is always better - I'd make you a PCOS plan if I thought that was appropriate plus change it up whatever way I thought would work better for you and you'd have the coaching forum too in that case.

We DO a form of intermittent fasting for pink in which we only eat part of the day and fast the rest of the day. So yes, I do think that can work for pink. But I don't want you guys doing that extended fasting. The reason for this is that you need a certain level of food coming in to be able to get and stay pregnant, and the minimums in the LE Diet are based on the minimum amount we seem to be able to eat in preparation for still having a safe and healthy pregnancy. And that is eating 2-3 meals and only going 12-16 hours max overnight, then eating 2-3 meals in the remaining 8 hours.

We can't just cut back as far as possible because at the end of the diet, we want to be able for you to get pregnant.