Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ashwagandha/cortisol/boy sway

Hi everyone,

I am gearing up for a boy sway, and I have recently learned that stress sways pink (published paper in 2018/2019).
    I am under long term stress from my graduate degree, I am also in the process of setting up my business and I bounce between stressing about each of them - while I work on the other.

With this in mind, I considered taking ashwagandha to reduce my cortisol level. I have not been able to find almost any information regarding the impact of ashwa on swaying. I wondered what are your thoughts. Does ashwagandha sway pink or blue?

I do a number of different things, and I do feel happier more relaxed when I do them (like exercise and positive affirmations/expressing gratitude), but it's about keeping up the habits, and I thought I can add to it by taking an adaptogen. When I say stress, I mean mostly, that feeling of my stomach turning or butterflies in the stomach. I assume that's an adrenalin rush. But to be honest, I also experience that when I am kicking butt so I wonder how the body can distinguish between them happy butterflies and anxiety butterflies.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. We don't have a clue how ashwagandha might sway, and I do not recommend it. I only recommend things I have seen a lot of people use and get their desired gender, and nearly without exception all herbal supplements have not worked for anyone in any predictable way. Diet, exercise, lifestyle changes do work.

The type of stress you get from getting your grad degree, starting a business, etc would only sway blue anyway. It is EXACTLY that "kicking butt" kind of feeling!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply Atomic,

Yes I sometimes get a great adrenalin rush but also so much uncertainty with how things will go so good old fashioned worry too. I suppose stress is subjective/state of mind. So I will continue with the positive affirmation and gratitude and exercise.

I have had the quickest glance at the paper and people they count as stressed had clinically significant symptoms, so like elevated blood pressure (121over 86 which is prehypertension), and high scores on anxiety/PTSD/depression scales. I don't see any way of attaching the article, but I have copied the abstract below if anyone is interested in the future.

Maternal prenatal stress influences offspring neurodevelopment and birth outcomes including the ratio of males to females born; however, there is limited understanding of what types of stress matter, and for whom. Using a data-driven approach with 27 variables from questionnaires, ambulatory diaries, and physical assessments collected early in the singleton pregnancies of 187 women, 3 latent profiles of maternal prenatal stress emerged that were differentially associated with sex at birth, birth outcomes, and fetal neurodevelopment. Most women (66.8%) were in the healthy group (HG); 17.1% were in the psychologically stressed group (PSYG), evidencing clinically meaningful elevations in perceived stress, depression, and anxiety; and 16% were in the physically stressed group (PHSG) with relatively higher ambulatory blood pressure and increased caloric intake. The population normative male:female secondary sex ratio (105:100) was lower in the PSYG (2:3) and PHSG (4:9), and higher in the HG (23:18), consistent with research showing diminished male births in maternal stress contexts. PHSG versus HG infants were born 1.5 wk earlier (P < 0.05) with 22% compared to 5% born preterm. PHSG versus HG fetuses had decreased fetal heart rate–movement coupling (P < 0.05), which may indicate slower central nervous system development, and PSYG versus PHSG fetuses had more birth complications, consistent with previous findings among offspring of women with psychiatric illness. Social support most strongly differentiated the HG, PSYG, and PHSG groups, and higher social support was associated with increased odds of male versus female births. Stress phenotypes in pregnant women are associated with male vulnerability and poor fetal outcomes.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But that's just life. We have studies that show women with higher levels of education have more boys.

I agree with your observation about the physical signs of stress. It's people with very disruptive life stress they're talking about - dealing with chronic illness, deaths in the family, abuse, that kind of thing (according to other studies that have found that)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes Icantthinkofaname liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW I was under significantly more stress when I conceived DS (obsessive blue sway) than when I conceived DD (honeymoon baby)

Good luck! Sending blue dust your way!

7. Thanks Icantthinkofaname, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you blue2

My mum had a similar experience to you with my brothers.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post