Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that - I hope you feel better soon!

What kind of cough syrup?

I would just stop exercising for now. That is ok because it takes 4-6 weeks or even more of COMPLETE inactivity to lose muscle.

I can't say whether to try or wait it out. You have to follow your own gut. If you'll live 1000 lifetimes of regret if you try and get an opposite, better to wait, but at the same time keep in mind that a) for all you know this is a fine month for you to get a boy and b) next month may be worse and so you end up trying in a month you had even lower chances. This happens fairly regularly, because people do end up feeling very frustrated, and eventually will just say "eh screw it" and try anyway. In many cases, I can (as an impartial third party) recall that they had passed up better months only to end up trying in a month that was very much less than ideal.

Just stay the course. Nothing we do at the last minute (with the possible exception of guaifenesin, and of course being sure your husband avoids long abstains and many releases back to back before the fertile window opens) really helps.

The good news is that we're almost to spring in the N. Hemi so if the weather is playing a part with these colds circulating you may be nearly out of it now!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! It’s laryngitis / super sore throat. Feeling a little better today but a bit up and down tbh & it hurts when I swallow I’ve been using robotussin! And have actually really needed it!

Does the whole being sick sways pink thing apply to the month that you try, or how you are when you’re actually in the fertile window?

Also, if O is delayed due to illness - does that sway pink? So should I go for it if I O on, say, CD23, or is that not a good idea?

Totally get what you mean about the perfect month thing. This has been an exceptional run of illnesses, my family can’t believe how many times I’ve been sick over the past couple of months! It’s very annoying… but I also think if I’m sick, I may not conceive anyway.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on timing though and delayed O. Also I’ve been drinking more hot water with lemon & ginger than tea… should I up the tea again? Currently on around one cup a day!

Thanks a million xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Robitussin with just guaifenesin tho right?? some of them have more.

We don't know how much and when being sick sways. It's likely that every illness is different and every month YOU are different (so sometimes you may be shaking something off and other times it has more effect.)

I would not worry about delayed O, being sick, etc. and decide on the basis of your family's needs first and foremost. If you feel you need to try this month, then do. If your gut tells you to skip it, then do that. I just can't know based on any signs or portents whether anyone should try or not.

I'd continue drinking whatever drink is appealing to you at the mo. A couple days without tea is not a dealbreaker and lemon/ginger is appealing when sick!

Feel better soon!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that’s right. Unfortunately my gut is telling me to skip this month. I just feel worse and worse - I can’t believe this has happened for 3 months running now!

QQ: I was on CD16 yesterday and we BD. This was the first day Clear Blue showed ‘high fertility’. And this was before last night, where I barely slept due to illness, hence my decision today to skip.

Today is CD17, still ‘high fertility’ but I feel so rough I reckon O will be delayed. But I’m anxious about inadvertently doing a cut off.

Do you think… no BD today, test again tomorrow and if it’s high again, use protection, but if it’s peak, go for it with BD or else I’ll have a cut off?

Hope this makes sense. Beyond fed up with my stupid illness-prone body right now, but don’t want to have done all this work to attempt in a month where I can’t stop coughing and feel rough! X

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, cutoffs don't work anyway, the issue would be that you only had one attempt.

But a peak now would still mean it had been 3 or more days since the last attempt which is pretty low chance of conception. If it comes on CD 18 then it would be more like 4 days. I think that's an ok strategy but the truth is the odds are low unless the peak comes TODAY.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you. I’m feeling so down about everything right now and defeated. I think I’ll O in a few days but not going to even try as my body’s a mess. I’ve had to start taking meds just so I can swallow food (that’s how bad my throat is). It could all be sinus-related and, as you know, I have been offered surgery to correct that (septoplasty) but put it off as I’m pretty sure the whole operation would and recovery etc wouldn’t sway blue at all. It would be under general anaesthetic, then I’d be laid up for a few weeks & probably on pain meds. Part of me would like to have it done but another part is saying it’s best to wait until after I’ve hopefully had a baby…

Hopefully next month then, or do you recommend waiting two months to try to put this spate of illnesses well behind me? I just want to feel confident and good in my sway. I can’t believe I’ve fallen sick before every ovulation in the past couple of months it’s crazy unlucky

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just wait till next month. Two seems very excessive. I would actually have had you try but you are sounding as if you're quite ill.

This does not sound like something caused by recurrent sinus infections and instead another virus. Keep in mind that there were a lot of viruses waiting in the wings while we were all locked down and they're having a heyday right now. I would not rush into a surgery assuming that something that was viral is sinuses (tho of course you know your own body, and some people do have such severe sinus issues they do have surgery, my dad ended up having it but that was after years and years of suffering)

I hope you're feeling better very soon and that spring coming chases all these bugs away!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh I just don’t know… I’m in two minds about it. My throat was in tatters last night, so painful to swallow and red raw. I took Night Nurse to sleep (a really heavy duty med which knocks you out!). Today I feel woozy (possibly from the NN) but throat not quite as bad. I haven’t exercised in well over a week (or left the house much at all). Because I’ve been useless at doing anything, DH has had to pick up the slack and is now exhausted. The stress of it all led him towards a hot bath on Friday, most annoying! And he’s just generally shattered.

I’ve also been having lots of throat sweets and not eating proper meals. I guess I just don’t feel in the healthy and strong mindset and body which I wanted to be in right before my attempts. But the thought of waiting without guarantees is hard! Like you say, next month could throw a curveball (but surely not ANOTHER nasty bug?!?!)

Shall I keep testing and make an impulsive decision based on how I feel on the day, or cut my losses and wait it out? Usually when I’m sick, O is delayed. I guess that’s not a good fertility sign / would sway pink.

Also, I know the advice is to wait a cycle after D&C.. after I had that op, I had a period a few days after (at the beginning of this month) so does that count as waiting a cycle do you think? Thanks xx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: after a pretty bad nights sleep, and DH was shattered too, I tested this morning (cd19) and have a blazing positive opk. So O is not that delayed.

Shall I go for it or wait? Please tell me what to dooooo lol x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The truth is, that's a crystal ball question and I truly can't know if it's best for you to proceed or wait. I just can't know, and when I can't know I have to toss the question back onto you, I'm sorry.

Yes that would ~probably~ count as one of the purposes of waiting is to give your uterus a chance to slough off the old lining. But that having been said, we know very little and it may be in some part that waiting a full cycle would help "reset" you hormonally and make you more blue friendly. We just honestly don't know.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast