Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh those are still just fine. Over time they lose potency but that takes years.

The apps are really not so good. They are the cause of many unwanted pregnancies and many more people trying to get pregnant who can't because they're using these apps that are inaccurate and do not take into account that your cycle can change. They use past cycles to predict the future, and that may be ok if you stay regular but so many people don't, and even just if your cycle varies a few days it means you may not conceive in months you should be able to. Just so you're aware of that possibility, that's all.

Totally fine to ditch V8 then. It's definitely an acquired taste, I grew up drinking it so I like it, but it's one of those things I know that many people don't like! You can try mixing orange, grapefruit, pineapple, purple grape, or other healthy fruit juices with fizzy water (I would avoid things that are basically sugar water, like apple juice and white grape juice) Club soda may be better than straight seltzer (tho that's rather "old wives tale-ish"). BTW - juice, even if it's just a half-glass mixed with club soda, is carbs, so that can be a source for the carbs in your pro + carb idea.

I'd skip coffee as that may sway pink but black tea is good for blue. IF you hate it, no worries, but that is one thing I did with all four of my boys, I drank gobs of black tea, with milk it in, on all of them.

Ugh I agree RRLT is the worst! Bleurgh!

Yes great spacing!

We have seemed to see a lot of blue sway opposites with WOMEN drinking large amounts of milk replacers. I suspect it's because of the high amounts of vegetable oil with Omega 6 in it (too much Omega 6 in proportion to Omega 3, may lead to more female conceptions for reasons we do not understand). We don't know if this affects men as well. As long as he's keeping it to like 1-2 servings max per day it's likely fine, especially if he's getting a good intake of Omega 3 at the same time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply. Always so nice to hear from you

I might do a month or so on the out-of-date vit D tablets (there are loads!) then just save them for after this sway is over, just in case! And yes, I know what you mean about the apps. Even looking ahead now, I could only 'predict' my ovulation dates if I ovulate and menstruate at exactly the same times as I did this cycle. And I rarely do, although I roughly follow a 45 day cycle with ovulation around day 30 (so odd I know). Because of the year I've had, I think it will take some time to get my hormones regulated anyway...

So is tea with (full fat) milk is as effective in blue sways as black? And would it be worth introducing now or waiting until the month before / month of we start trying (so either Nov or Dec?). I'm so unused to caffeine, I'll be bouncing off the walls! But if it would be best to introduce a daily mid-morning cup now, then I can do that. And I will introduce V8 nearer the time sometimes I kinda got into it, it just wasn't my fave!

I'm not sure how much omega 3 he gets through diet. We've started the daily 500mg tablets, but when I look online the main sources of omega 3 through food seem to be fish like mackeral and salmon... and I've cut back to just 2x salmon a week (and smoked salmon too, I assume that's ok?!).
    DH hates fish though and doesn't eat nuts (like I do). He does like to make himself "salads" though, completely drenched in oil lol! I should start making some chilli con carnes perhaps xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    makes sense with the Vitamin D!

Honestly that is not a particularly unusual cycle. I consider O days up to CD 21 TOTALLY normal and up to 35 completely within average, unremarkable parameters. Oing once every 6 weeks is actually quite common.

"Black" tea doesn't mean tea without milk. It just means regular old tea (another name for this is "orange pekoe" but people found that even more confusing, LOL). "Black" is a variety of tea like "green" is a variety. So you can absolutely have "black" tea with milk in it! You can use decaf black tea too to prevent that jittery feeling.

Yes just keep it to 2x a week, salmon in any form. I know it seems weird but it really can accumulate nasty stuff in your body.

As long as he's taking the supplement that makes up a LOT. You don't need the sky high sources of Omega 3, too much Omega 3 may be bad too because it can lower cholesterol that may be needed to make testosterone. As long as he's taking the fish oil, eating red meat/eggs, and isn't loading up on Omega 6's from milk replacers it's all good.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah ok thanks. I literally read that & deleted the large pack of smoked salmon I’d put into my online shop basket 😂 If I’m having two pieces of salmon a week, it looks like there’s no room for it right now!

Is there a particular brand of tea which is best, or just regular PG tips? And decaf is just as good? Would you recommend I start soon, drinking one cup a day minimum? Out of interest, is there something in the tea that is helpful or is it more anecdotal evidence?

Thanks Atomic 😊 xx

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep keep in mind that the point is simply to avoid any of the nasty stuff that may have been absorbed into the flesh of fish (even low mercury fish) so smoked salmon and regular salmon both start off as salmon and count as servings.

Whatever brand you can get ahold of. One cup is fine if that's where your appetite leads you. We do not know how swaying works, so anything I say regarding what is in tea is somewhat guesswork, but we believe that because tea has flavonoid polyphenols in it, it boosts fertility overall and everything that boosts fertility has proven good for boys. Tea also may help with increasing cervical mucus (tho this may be just an artifact of staying better hydrated; we honestly do not know) and seems to have an overall beneficial effect on female hormones overall.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm ok interesting… I googled it & the first thing that came up said: ‘ The decaffeination process removes not only caffeine, but also polyphenols and some antioxidants’. So I think regular tea might be better. And hey, I feel so flat at the moment anything’s gotta help right!? Do you recommend keeping it up throughout the trying period too (and into possible pregnancy)? Sorry I’ve been so stuck on this tea question 😂 I think I’ve always equated pregnancy/trying with avoiding caffeine - but anything which could help & improves CM is definitely worth a shot in my view 👍 xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's really very little caffeine in green tea especially. Black has some more, but nowhere near the amount in coffee.

Decaf tea is ok. Please feel free to drink it. Even if the levels are reduced some, there is still a lot of stuff left that may sway blue (and please keep in mind that the polyphenols/antioxidants are just guesswork and not proven in any way. it may be something else entirely in tea, like the tannic acid or some other component, that sways blue that is not negatively affected by decaffeination.)

I have always had tea in all my pregnancies, and coffee in some of them. There are a couple studies that seem to link too much caffeine with higher chances of losses, but this was overturned and it's been found that the equivalent of as much as two cups of coffee (and that would be 4-6 cups tea, depending on the kind you use) does not raise risks. https://www.webmd.com/baby/features/...of-miscarriage And additionally, the effect of even MORE caffeine was mitigated if you're taking multivitamins (and possibly extra folic acid/folate, which I do recommend) https://www.webmd.com/baby/features/...of-miscarriage This doesn't even get into the notion that any woman who is willing to drink a massive amount of coffee during pregnancy is likely not living a healthy lifestyle overall, which may really make a huge difference aside from caffeine intake (the caffeine may be a completely incidental finding).

Now, after some losses I can understand why anyone would think to skip caffeine but I personally think that tea can be great for fertility and is certainly a better choice than many beverages people consume - even things like fruit juice, which are high in sugar if you have them in excess! https://www.mireproductivemedicine.c...verage-choice/

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm literally having my first ever cup of tea right now thank you for the introduction! I may buy decaf tea bags too and mix it up, some days with caffeine and some days without caffeine. I just wanted to check there wasn't a shock to the system if you suddenly dropped caffeine, maybe after BFP, the way there is if you suddenly drop, say, a vitamin pill.

Talking of which, I was thinking: I'm currently taking one Centrum women tablet (with 300ug folic acid), then one 1000mcg folate and then two 400ug folates later in the day... when I start to run out of the 1000mcg tablets, would it be better to buy 400 tablets instead and take two of these instead of the 1000?

If I did that then my total would be 300 + (400 x 4) = 1,900.
    Whereas my current total is 300 + 1000 + (400 x 2) = 2,100

So it would be a drop, but not much... or I can just buy the 1000 tablets again and keep going as I started!

I was thinking of buying either
    -- 400ug tablets : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solgar-Fola...2&rdc=1&sr=8-5)
    -- 1000mcg tablets: https://www.amazon.co.uk/L-Methylfol...0580580&sr=8-6

December feels sooooo far off but it's so damn cold here right now, Summer is definitely over!

Let me know what you think of the above and thank you so much, as ever xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be prepared to wean off caffeine gradually. It can cause headaches when stopped suddenly. I don't think it's harmful to a pregnancy per se but as far as I'm aware it has never been studied, and so I would gradually come back off it.

I do prefer you guys use the 400 mcg. What I would suggest is maybe even going up one more 400 mcg to 2300, it's ok (many of us, myself included, are prescribed up to 4000-5000 mcg if we've had unexplained losses and/or history of neural tube defects...I was told to take 4000 mcg with my 4th and 5th pregnancies because my 3rd son has a mild form of spina bifida). Tea can be somewhat harsh on folic acid/folate so a little extra as you've started drinking it is ok and possibly even beneficial.

Ugh, same here too!! We had a ridiculously hot summer and then all of a sudden it went from 100 degrees to 65! :/Sweater weather coming soon!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heyyy Atomic, I hope all is well. I've got quite used to having a cup of tea a day now

Thanks for the info on folate. When I run out, I'll buy 400ug tablets and up the overall daily dose slightly.
    I noticed the other day I'm running low on COQ10. DH and I currently take 100mg a day each - should I buy this dose again, or up it?

Also I'm really missing my sugarfree gum and sweets... fruit just doesn't cut it! Is there a good blue sway sweet treat?! I was thinking yoghurt but not sure what the best one to buy is, I'm guessing one without tons of sugar but also not low fat? Thanks a million xxx

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast